Slow!!!

The2edgeSword

How many start ups do you have running ? Go to Start > run type in MSCONFIG > ok then look at start up tab . Just a suggestion . there should only be 1 - 4 things checked depending on you anti-virus your running .

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap. If you've got two processes running then you're either (a) in deep crap or (b) somehow optimized the crap out of your OS!!! :D What are they? (btw avg reference process count is in the 30-40 range)

ZER0X

VIP Member
Before Right Click
brc.JPG

After Right Click
rightclick.JPG

ZER0X

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
OK thats more of what i expected ... 27 processes :) and to be honest that looks pretty clean to me. A question though: are you running McAffee and AVG virusscanners? :)

ZER0X

VIP Member
Na just AVG, I used to have Norton Antivirus and Norton personal firewall but they were only trials so I got rid of em

ZER0X

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
My bad on the McAffee... i saw vsmon and mistook that. Can you post a shot after the right-click? :)

Oh and is there a lot of HDD activity during this pause after you rightclick? :)

ZER0X

VIP Member
After Right Click
rightclick2.JPG

And no hard drive activity at all, Like I said when i click show the desktop it right clicks fine(Sometimes)

ZER0X

ZER0X

VIP Member
We'll Praetor nothing looks unusual, I disabled all Network Internet connection sharing, if that was the problem, because remember the other computer is gone now.

ZER0X