Slow!!!

ZER0X

VIP Member
Lorand said:
What happens if you right-click on the white area in explorer?

Nothing happens it's just the Desktop that does it :confused: But when I click the white area in the explorer it's fine :eek:

ZER0X

VIP Member
Yer...
If I click show the desktop button in a window right clicking will work fine but if I quit out of everything just have the desktop showing and then press show the desktop it's still stuffed up??? Wierd!!!!

EDIT:well I just tried then my theory was wrong it may right click properly or may not :confused: :eek:

ZER0X

ai38kpo

What type of graphics adapter have you got? If it is Intel you may want to review http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/CS-003927-prd798.htm . Basically they have intercepted the shell to add some menu items to the desktop right click menu and it slows down interaction with the shell considerably. It will also affect displaying the list of fonts in MS Word.

If it is not Intel, you may want to see if the vendor did something similar. Or post the menu that appears when you right click on the desktop.

ZER0X

VIP Member
ai38kpo said:
What type of graphics adapter have you got? If it is Intel you may want to review http://www.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/sb/CS-003927-prd798.htm . Basically they have intercepted the shell to add some menu items to the desktop right click menu and it slows down interaction with the shell considerably. It will also affect displaying the list of fonts in MS Word.

If it is not Intel, you may want to see if the vendor did something similar. Or post the menu that appears when you right click on the desktop.

I figured this out ages ago, when I unistalled the Integrated GFX and put my Radeon 9200 into it, that's what made the right clicking so slow... :) and what you just showed me just helped me out thanks ;)

Last edited:

pipster

its probably ur profile thats much to big.
try to empty ur documents folder and put them on the c- root.
if u have a large picture (bmp-format) as backround, it can slow things down very mucho.
if thats the case, convert it to jpg

Dont take life 2 serious, u wont come out of it alive anyway !!!!