Small Computer Mod

_simon_

Ideally if you are fitting one fan at the front I would situate it at the bottom, else the cooler air will get sucked straight out of the exhaust fan that you want to put at the top.

As mentioned heat rises, so the top fan would be an exhaust.

The way my case is setup is there are 2x 80mm intake fans at the bottom front, one on top or another, one 80mm exhaust fan at the top in the middle, 2x 80mm exhaust fans above the slots at the back and 2x 80mm intake fans at the side towards the back.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I don't have anywhere to put them at the bottom, So I'm just going to put one in the front, it'll be easier too.

evanscnce

Put one on top. It will work better. Not to mention cutting your case isn't going to any damage (if you do it careful) Just make the edges smoother and maybe put a screen or something.

DO the top though, it will help more.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I'm going to for the front fan, I have an exhaust fan on the back and I don't have any cool air coming in from the front.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Right, So I now have a 70m hold cut through two drive pay panels, thanks to my girlfriend's Dad.

Now, I just need to buy a fan and drill four 4mm holes for the screws.

taylormsj

That look realy nicely cut . How did you cut it ? With what?
Ive planned the same thing - just bought a 12cm blue led fan along with a fan guard from tekheads today, gonna cut a hole in top of my case for it. So yeh, what did you use to cut and get such a nice finish?

Thanks
BTW i have a clear antec 80mm 3 pin fan that i used for about 3 hours if you want it for like a pound (for posting it) if you want or a 80mm hiper green fan if you want. Dont need em now that i have new case - no room.

Kornowski

VIP Member
That look realy nicely cut . How did you cut it ? With what?
Ive planned the same thing - just bought a 12cm blue led fan along with a fan guard from tekheads today, gonna cut a hole in top of my case for it. So yeh, what did you use to cut and get such a nice finish?

My girlfriend's Dad used a 70mm hole saw, did a really good job! I need to sand it down to smooth it over a bit, some mild sand paper should do it.

BTW i have a clear antec 80mm 3 pin fan that i used for about 3 hours if you want it for like a pound (for posting it) if you want or a 80mm hiper green fan if you want. Dont need em now that i have new case - no room.

I'm Ok, but thanks for the offer :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
looks great so far,he did a nice job cutting the hole:)

update us on the pics mate when its done ;)

Kornowski

VIP Member
Here's the path the air will take through the new hole :p

img4688dp5.jpg