*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Jiniix

Had to install Windows 7 on a Fujitsu MX130 S2 server today, thought I'd run BH :)

Unavngivet_zps7423cd3f.png

Seems very low, but then again, it's an underclocked 8350 :D

spirit

Staff member
Yeah it's not much faster than the i5 4200M in my laptop and that's a dual-core with HT!

The 4200M got about 7,500 or so...

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Had to install Windows 7 on a Fujitsu MX130 S2 server today, thought I'd run BH :)

Unavngivet_zps7423cd3f.png

Seems very low, but then again, it's an underclocked 8350 :D

I've to admit that this is a very very low score. Any chance of getting the system run BH a second time?

Jiniix

Already shipped to the client. I ran two runs, and the first one was a few points lower.
I've seen RAM make a difference in the test and this one was using a single stick of 4GB 1333MHz ECC RAM, FYI.

difference quad channel and dual channel.
oke did a blackhole test with dual channel 16gb and 16gb quad channel.
exactly the same settings for the rest.

the lowest score is the dual so the 1 on the right.

xgit1s.png

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Kaveri does pretty good at higher clocks. The only problem is that up from 4.6GHz, you'll need to increase the voltage by very much to make it stable again... So Kaveri is maybe an improvement in IPC, but certainly not an improvement in overclocking abilities, so overclocking headroom stays the same. Richland has a higher base clock, but can reach 5GHz easily. Anyway, could have been the heat as well, but my temp sensors seem to be faulty.
After exams I'll go for at least 5GHz!

lfhN5zJ.jpg

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Nice man, just make sure you give it epic cooling and volts!!! I wanna see a fire!

Well, these scores are including 2 laptops and 1 locked i7 4790, so you won't see much fire there... Or do you mean that Kaveri setup? I'll be putting an open loop on the kaveri, like I did with richland when I ran blackhole on 5.2GHz.

Okedokey

it will, this is just my 24/7 overclock, problem for a higher overclock 24/7 is the corsair h75

You have it in push pull fan installation?

Make sure Qfan is disabled in the bios or connect the CPU fans to a direct 12V source (e.g. molex to fan converter) to ensure they're at max and see what you get for temps that way. Also putting good quality TIM on every so often helps.

I have a 420 mm (10 cm thick) and a 240mm rad on my CPU so i can run it at 5GHz less than 15oC delta. But boy, does it warm up my study!

You have it in push pull fan installation?

Make sure Qfan is disabled in the bios or connect the CPU fans to a direct 12V source (e.g. molex to fan converter) to ensure they're at max and see what you get for temps that way. Also putting good quality TIM on every so often helps.

I have a 420 mm (10 cm thick) and a 240mm rad on my CPU so i can run it at 5GHz less than 15oC delta. But boy, does it warm up my study!

Yes its push pull, and when I run benchmarks or stresstest the fans are running at 100%
At the moment the TIM what came with the cooler its on it, normally a use cooler master IC Essential E2

Okedokey

Yes its push pull, and when I run benchmarks or stresstest the fans are running at 100%
At the moment the TIM what came with the cooler its on it, normally a use cooler master IC Essential E2

Yeah well do yourself a favour, get some Arctic Silver 5 and replace that TIM. I have seen up to 10oC drop doing so...

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Yeah well do yourself a favour, get some Arctic Silver 5 and replace that TIM. I have seen up to 10oC drop doing so...

Doesn't help that much though. In my tests the Chill Factor III from thermalright came out as best TIM. I tried these: Arctic Silver 5, be quiet! DC, default scythe paste, default CM TIM (came out as worst with a 6c difference compared to chill factor III) and noctua's default.

Be aware that every paste needs up to a week regular use to run on its full potential. Especially the Arctic Silver 5

tried the artic silver, after that I bought the cooler master gold, temp dropped for me, but run out of it, so that's why I have the thim on what came on the cooler