*STABLE* Black Hole Benchmark

Jiniix

Yeah, meant the G3258. 40C with stock cooler is pretty chill - regardless of OC. I assume it's on load?

jamesd1981

Yeah, meant the G3258. 40C with stock cooler is pretty chill - regardless of OC. I assume it's on load?

Oh yes Jiniix that was when it was OC running Blackhole, when it`s at stock on idle or just light use like photo browsing etc, it sits between 28 & 32 c

I think for £50 it is an absolute bargain, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget build.

I only have one system left on ivybridge when I upgrade that one it will certainly be replaced with another G3258 base.

did pull a oldie from the shell, still a good cpu, when it gets a bit colder try if and how much it will go over 5.0ghz.

vrd2c3.png

ninjabubbles3

Oh yes Jiniix that was when it was OC running Blackhole, when it`s at stock on idle or just light use like photo browsing etc, it sits between 28 & 32 c

I think for £50 it is an absolute bargain, I would recommend it to anyone looking for a budget build.

I only have one system left on ivybridge when I upgrade that one it will certainly be replaced with another G3258 base.

I just got a Hyper 221 Plus, should be able to OC my Pentium up to 4.4 Ive heard.

ill run this ASAP

FuryRosewood

EF-MK-V-StockBH.png

CPU upgrade done, however its still very inconsistent shutting down, will OC tomorrow and post new result, dont expect too much.

FuryRosewood

The board is a P9X79, X99 will be running 5xxx chips and DDR4 ram.

4.2Ghz, DDR3 1600 CL8 settings

EF-MK-V-42BH.png

Last edited:

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Great to see my bench up and running again ;) Great scores Mr. Brown! Is this machine for personal use or is this build for a friend/customer?

spirit

Staff member
Great to see my bench up and running again ;) Great scores Mr. Brown! Is this machine for personal use or is this build for a friend/customer?
Hey Rob, didn't recognise you with your new username! ;)

This was a PC I put together for a customer last week. It's for running Autodesk software such as AutoCAD. You can see some photos and the specs here: Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

My main machine is still the one in my signature. The only thing that's changed is that it is now running Windows 10 Pro, not 8.1 Pro. :)

Virssagòn

VIP Member
Hey Rob, didn't recognise you with your new username! ;)

This was a PC I put together for a customer last week. It's for running Autodesk software such as AutoCAD. You can see some photos and the specs here: Post A Pic Of Your Pc Here :)

My main machine is still the one in my signature. The only thing that's changed is that it is now running Windows 10 Pro, not 8.1 Pro. :)

The good old sandy bridge is still inside your rig ;) I had times with my 2600K which I'll never forget.

spirit

Staff member
The good old sandy bridge is still inside your rig ;) I had times with my 2600K which I'll never forget.
Lol 'times I'll never forget with my 2600K', classic. Is it like an ex girlfriend or something? ;)

Anyway, yeah my three year build/four year old CPU is still going strong! I'm finding that the software released today that I use isn't any more demanding (in fact it is often less demanding) than the software I was using in 2012 when I built this PC, so I don't foresee a major upgrade for a long time yet - especially since I don't play games so there's no need to keep upgrading my GPU (which is probably already overkill for what I use it for!)

Maybe one day I'll put it in a new case and get a modular power supply (I used a Corsair RM650 for the i7 4790K build - 80+ Plus Gold and fully modular for £85, what a good deal!) but that probably won't be for a few years yet. ;)