Strange Mouse and Keyboard Problem, Help!

spikesot

Hello, I built a new computer: i7 6700k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070... and I have the same mouse and keyboard delay I had with my old computer: Random mouse and keyboard delay that can´t let me play computer games, it happens too at desktop. I tried with win 7, 8, 10, and same problem with all. I tried too with new mouse (Deathadder 3500, old was a g9), tried with different monitor and different keyboard too = Same delay.
The thing is that, its strange but, computer works better at night. When I go to bed and wake up in morning and go to try computer delay, it is a higher delay than the night before, that makes games unplayable (It happens on desktop too). Guys I wonder if you have a solution help me, Ill be very gratefull with all you!

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Assuming these are usb mouse and keyboard, can only guess that you may have a usb port shortage due to metal tab on I/O plate going into usb port. What power supply are you using? Also, did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case?

spikesot

Assuming these are usb mouse and keyboard, can only guess that you may have a usb port shortage due to metal tab on I/O plate going into usb port. What power supply are you using? Also, did you use the standoffs between motherboard and case?
Yes, i use the standoffs between mobo and case, and the metal tab has more usb ports than mines, tried with all ports, tried with a different computer too and same problem so...

spikesot

If that is the case, then what @johnb35 said is probably exactly where the issue lies.. Can you take a picture of the I/O area and post here for us?

Here it is:

http://imgur.com/a/QVSAL

Its strange that it works better at nights, I don´t know why, but the mouse and keyboard delay is much less at nights. When I did a clean windows install, it worked perfect but after 1 day the delay started to appear making games unplayables. I didn´t install nothing between these days.

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Not a very good picture to determine if anything is inside the port. Looks to me more of an angle pic then a straight on one. What I would do in this case is build the machine outside of the case on a piece of cardboard and see if the delay still happens.

Okedokey

Red circle, notice the IO tab is not correct. May be the issue. Also ensure you have any software that is designed for the keyboard and mouse installed. Any yellow exclamations in Device Manager? Update chipset drivers.

1_6.jpg~original

spikesot

Not a very good picture to determine if anything is inside the port. Looks to me more of an angle pic then a straight on one. What I would do in this case is build the machine outside of the case on a piece of cardboard and see if the delay still happens.

Tried this and still happening the same problem. Its strange but idk why it works better at nights, at mornings works a lot worse.
Red circle, notice the IO tab is not correct. May be the issue. Also ensure you have any software that is designed for the keyboard and mouse installed. Any yellow exclamations in Device Manager? Update chipset drivers.

1_6.jpg~original

I tried updating drivers and same problem!

spikesot

One thing i noticed is that when I install a new device like a mouse or a new keyboard, it works perfect, but after a random time (3 hours, 1 day, 2 days..) it starts to delay.

computerpal

Hello, I built a new computer: i7 6700k, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070... and I have the same mouse and keyboard delay I had with my old computer: Random mouse and keyboard delay that can´t let me play computer games, it happens too at desktop. I tried with win 7, 8, 10, and same problem with all. I tried too with new mouse (Deathadder 3500, old was a g9), tried with different monitor and different keyboard too = Same delay.
The thing is that, its strange but, computer works better at night. When I go to bed and wake up in morning and go to try computer delay, it is a higher delay than the night before, that makes games unplayable (It happens on desktop too). Guys I wonder if you have a solution help me, Ill be very gratefull with all you![/QUOTE

get all new ones, it might be sw problems]

spikesot

I tried with different cables and problem stills happening. Tried too with my friends computer at my house and STILL have the same problem at my house!

Okedokey

Do you have any yellow device exclamations in Device Manager? Do you have the software installed for you mouse / keyboard? Are you bios settings correct? Answer each question thoroughly.

spikesot

Do you have any yellow device exclamations in Device Manager? Do you have the software installed for you mouse / keyboard? Are you bios settings correct? Answer each question thoroughly.

- No yellow exclamations in Device Manager.
- Tried with Software and without it, same problem (tried too with 3 different mouses and 3 keyboards).
- My BIOS settings are on default mode, i didn´t touch anything.

Okedokey

Make sure you have the latest nvidia driver installed and then in nvidia control panel, change the resolution to something else, apply and then rechange it back to your required settings making sure you have the highest refresh rate enabled that is applicable.