The Hate On Apple Thread

Human_Warrior

[yt]9BnLbv6QYcA[/yt]

LOL this video is awesome. A very well thought out troll video. it adresses all the things i hate about Apple as a company :D

I love my macbook pro but lets be honest Apple as a company is focused on the average user and most on this Forum hate it because of that. Its a stable machine for everyday use and smoother adobe program function. If prices went down on macs and they made their machines more upgradeable they'd be LEAGUES more successful. Not saying they arent successful now, they just breed a community of people to hate them woth the way they present themselves. And on another note there should be a Dell bashing thread also :)

tlarkin

VIP Member
LOL this video is awesome. A very well thought out troll video. it adresses all the things i hate about Apple as a company :D

I love my macbook pro but lets be honest Apple as a company is focused on the average user and most on this Forum hate it because of that. Its a stable machine for everyday use and smoother adobe program function. If prices went down on macs and they made their machines more upgradeable they'd be LEAGUES more successful. Not saying they arent successful now, they just breed a community of people to hate them woth the way they present themselves. And on another note there should be a Dell bashing thread also :)

Well, yeah, The Onion is pretty damn good at trolling, after all they are professionals! :)

As for Macs not being upgrade able and too expensive, again you are just not quite understanding their business model. My 4 year old Macbook Pro laptop is still blazing fast and runs the current OS with no problems. How many 4 year old laptops run Windows 7 blazing fast? It probably has another good 2 to 3 years out if it as well.

Human_Warrior

Well, yeah, The Onion is pretty damn good at trolling, after all they are professionals! :)

As for Macs not being upgrade able and too expensive, again you are just not quite understanding their business model. My 4 year old Macbook Pro laptop is still blazing fast and runs the current OS with no problems. How many 4 year old laptops run Windows 7 blazing fast? It probably has another good 2 to 3 years out if it as well.

Oh trust me i know these things are made quality to almost every detail, my Macbook Pro is amazing. I love almost everything about it, but i have to recognize that Macs dont really look into the needs of Gamers or hobbiests. But to be honest they dont have to. the average consumer just wants something easy to use for web browsing, basic photo-editing, and the occasional flash game. Then there are musicians, graphic design artists, and people in advertising.

And on the price issue i feel like theyre priced great for the time and detail put into their machines id pay a few hundred more for some products, my laptop included.

Point is i understand both sides, but if apple made all games compatible with OSX and made it easier to upgrade an iMac id never choose another company for Pre-mades

tlarkin

VIP Member
yeah well if developers actually developed in Open GL instead of Direct X you would see games getting ported to OS X and Linux a lot easier. Plus I am sure there is a market of hard core gamers and hobbyists that would switch to Linux from Windows if they could run their games on it. After all, Linux uses less resources to run, which means more resources to apply towards your gaming and the OS is free which means more money to buy more games.

Human_Warrior

yeah well if developers actually developed in Open GL instead of Direct X you would see games getting ported to OS X and Linux a lot easier. Plus I am sure there is a market of hard core gamers and hobbyists that would switch to Linux from Windows if they could run their games on it. After all, Linux uses less resources to run, which means more resources to apply towards your gaming and the OS is free which means more money to buy more games.

Thats a great point, ive tried linux once.....once haha. but my friend had it set up exactly like a mac, well to the extent you can. i was actually suprised to find out it was ubuntu when i was on it

salvage-this

Thats a great point, ive tried linux once.....once haha. but my friend had it set up exactly like a mac, well to the extent you can. i was actually suprised to find out it was ubuntu when i was on it

That is how I have my Ubuntu laptop setup. I't funny how many people how I got Mac to run on it.

macguy2

You need to compare Apples to Apples! Pardon the pun. But there have been times when if you compare the exact same specs between an iMac and a Dell desktop the price is competitive. This is especially true after an Apple update, not 6 months down the road.
Mac OSX is not crap. It is a good OS built on Unix. It's stable and elegant. The average computer user does not care about over clocking or that much about extra expansion. What matters is that the computer works and Macs work well because the hardware and software are well integrated.

Punk

Staff member
The only apple thing I have is the Ipod classic (160go). Why? Because I use itunes for my music library. As for any other product, it is way overpriced. Apple is like a sect seriously. The only innovation they make is in design...

Oh yeah and I can't stand Apple now...

DMGrier

VIP Member
You need to compare Apples to Apples! Pardon the pun. But there have been times when if you compare the exact same specs between an iMac and a Dell desktop the price is competitive. This is especially true after an Apple update, not 6 months down the road.
Mac OSX is not crap. It is a good OS built on Unix. It's stable and elegant. The average computer user does not care about over clocking or that much about extra expansion. What matters is that the computer works and Macs work well because the hardware and software are well integrated.

As much as I hate responding to old threads I must say that when I had my Macbook Pro I found the thing to be a pain. Plus who cares if it is Unix, you can take a Unix or Linux Kernel and build a OS on it and still mess it all up. Linux is highly stable and secure and I have watch distributions go and build a highly unstable OS out of it. I have a buddy who is a huge apple person and when I told him how much I did not care for OSX Lion his response was "yeah not one of the better releases, you would feel differently if you started with Leopard". I honestly feel that now Mr. Jobs is gone that the company will go from caring to making a buck which is already being seen with Apple working on a smaller ipad and losing there green certification which would have never happened if Steve Jobs was still alive.

You like Apple and I understand that but lets see how apple performs without Mr. Jobs, don't forget he brought the company to success, when he left they almost went under and then he came back and now that he is gone again we will see how they do.

Thanatos

Why, Apple, can't I just click and drag some pictures over to my phone? Why? Huh? Because you think 'syncing' them is 'better'? Yeah? Well, screw you, Apple, AND the horse you rode in on.

lucasbytegenius

Why, Apple, can't I just click and drag some pictures over to my phone? Why? Huh? Because you think 'syncing' them is 'better'? Yeah? Well, screw you, Apple, AND the horse you rode in on.
Ok yeah I have to agree that's pretty bad. I have the iCloud control panel installed so I usually put them in the Photo Stream upload folder.