This is going to sound stupid but stay with me

4W4K3

VIP Member
OvenMaster said:
If MY kid did this, I'd kick his a$$ and he wouldn't get a PC until he left home and bought his own! The problem is that it's the kid's own money. If he's under 18, then I can understand why his parents do control it, if he's asking how to trash a PC for purely selfish reasons.
Tom

Amen. If you're not satisfied with what your parents already bought you, get your own money and get something better for yourself. Breaking gifts so you can get something better is childish and immature, damn near unforgivable IMHO.

4W4K3 said:
Amen. If you're not satisfied with what your parents already bought you, get your own money and get something better for yourself. Breaking gifts so you can get something better is childish and immature, damn near unforgivable IMHO.

He said that he's got money, but his parents control what he buys with it.

I personally have the philosophy that it's my money, and I want to learn my own lessons :).

4W4K3

VIP Member
computermaineack said:
He said that he's got money, but his parents control what he buys with it.

I personally have the philosophy that it's my money, and I want to learn my own lessons :).

How old is he? Unless he's 18 then he should respect what his parents want, they can take and hold that money for him if they felt they needed to. I mean just because you've got a ton of money doesn't mean you should be able to do whatever you want with it (especially if you are living at home and don't support yourself), his parents see he doesn't need to blow it on a new toy if his current PC is just fine. He simply wants to turn a "want" into a "need", which is a common issue with teenagers.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Ah, true on both accounts. I guess I was thinking more in legal terms there, alot of people go completely hog wild when they turn 18 just to tick off there parents...shows how much they've really grown up lol.

Motoxrdude

HHAHAHA!! This thread is halarious! First he asks how to break his computer, then people start telling him ways. Then one person says how immature and bad it is to do something like that, and the same people who tell him how to break it agree!!

Thatguyislame

Okay More Info, my dad is an anestesialogist (sp), and my mom is a teacher.
It is my computer I use it to surf the web, that is it.
Whatever new computer we get I pay for 1/2 half of it.

Adam135

If you have the red switch on the back of your computer on the PSU......flick it!

I made that mistake :(

Slackr89

disconnect your fans....can someone say overheating? it happened to my first computer, completely fried the motherboard lol

Slackr89

jp198780 said:
the computer should shutdown, before it frys the motherboard.

it was an old computer, and had no censors or alerts. i dont think it was completely fried but apparently it was red hot when they opened it

newatit27

I know what you mean but still.....

HA, I had my previous computer for 6 years, I HATED IT. But i put up with it until my parents agreeged that I could have a new one (which I got this week:D ) say you need some form of software for school or whatever. and your computer can't take software and a you MUST have a new computer to get good grades in school;). anyway a computer that old is bound to start having some serious issues anyway just hold out a little longer. Last thing, don't destroy your computer, though its old it has it's uses. I pulled my old one apart learned somthings , cleaned it up and stuck it on the network for my mother. Now everone is happy.

Last edited:

wicked859

banned
alright i got this,
first, consider this, your parents might now let you get a pc because they are trying to teach you to save money , or that they think it is a waste of money, before you go destroying your pc, you could try telling them how important it is to you (if indeed it is that important), or you could just go and buy one if you do have all this so called money, even though your parents wont allow it do it anyways and that way ull get a new pc and only get into a little bit of trouble. Now if you dont care what your doing to your parents or your parents checkbooks, then do one of these things:(i got a little creative)
1.) poor motor oil all over your mobo while your pc is running (noticeable thouh but ver fun)
2.) unplug your hdd and psu
3.)go into your windows files (assuming your running windows) and just start deleting everything you have
4.)take your pc out in the back yard and have you and 2 friends beat the living @#$% out of it (like on office space on the pc was replaced by a printer)(very noticeable)
o.k. seriously now
just unplug various things, if you have a sodering iron get creative, but please do think about your parents when you do this. btw im only 14 and saving up 700 dolla 4 a new pc. If i can do it you can to, and im not mooching off of my parents, its called work my friend.