This is going to sound stupid but stay with me

rahving

If the vote comes fully in and you can be assured a new computer, everything is good....just fry it. Will not look very obvious, especially after a lightning storm, etc.

Borrow a taser/stun gun from someone you know, turn off the computer completely and stun the motherboard, etc. It's an idea. (my roommate is doing this within a year to get a new oem himself)

sniperchang

Mabe you can overclock what you already have to make it faster, or overclock too much and blow what you have.

Or:

wicked859 said:
btw im only 14 and saving up 700 dolla 4 a new pc. If i can do it you can to, and im not mooching off of my parents, its called work my friend.

Well said. :)

daygowop

this is honestly one of the best threads i have ever seen, thanks thatguyislame, u r a good man. to everyone else, keep posting ideas they all make me laugh and i can read them all day at work.

Arm_Pit

banned
Here's a thought, Maybe you shouldn't break your computer and go against your parents word just to scam her out of a new computer. Instead why dont you go get a job(Mow peoples lawns, even against popular belive you can make some pretty good money, go for 10$ a yard and it ussly doesn't take any longer then 25minites.)
and get the comptuer yourself, THEN sell the computer you have now so you can get some of the money back :)

csi1189

i would just go and infect it with the amish virus (manually deleting crucial system files). this way you can keep it around after it is "broken" and reinstall whatever os you prefer just so you can have another comp around - which may be useful at some point. at least it will appear quite broken after the amish virus kicks in :p

Zeus2005

its your money, tell em your buyin a new pc if they like it or not!, how can they possibly stop you from spending your own money??"!??"????!!?!?!?!?!?

Get them slapped :)

mrjack

VIP Member
Zeus2005 said:
its your money, tell em your buyin a new pc if they like it or not!, how can they possibly stop you from spending your own money??"!??"????!!?!?!?!?!?

Get them slapped :)

Close his bank account.

Zeus2005

how can they close his bank account?, that money belongs to him, if they were able to close it , it would mean the money would go to them?!, but they dont own it. Say he won millions in lottery, his rents couldnt just close the account and take all his money!

Anyway, get your parents told man, its your life, your money, your choices. The sooner your parents realise that the better, your parents can help/guide you, not make/force the decisions for you.

wicked859

banned
zues, I agree that it is his money, and I know that before my mom has said, "Jason you dont need that, your not getting it." but even though im like wtf, it usually ends out that she is right, and once I thought about it she was right, and If i really care about something and show her or my dad that im willing to work and save for it and it means something to me then they think its a great idea, but I think we should listen to our parents.

AdmnPower

VIP Member
Decadence said:
i doubt its like that. i have lots of money but for some reason they still have control over everything i buy.

heres what you do, take the computer appart plug the floppy drive power in one pin over from wehre it's supposed to be turn it on, pop crack smoke, then turn it off and plug it back in the way it's supposed to be, then say u turned it on something shorted and it fried. i know it'll work, i've done it, not on purpose tho :(

murdock22

if it is a AMD remove the heatsink when it is running which after 5 sec should fry it then place the heatsink back on :)

Mattu

Thatguyislame said:
Is there a way to break a computer without it being obvious? I want a new and better one but i cant get one until this hunk of junk from 2000 breaks(so says me mum)
Ha! I actually pulled the fuse out of my old computer's (Dell Optiplex G1) PSU to convince my parents it was broken so I could build a new one.