Tuniq Tower 120 and the fan controller

memory

Well, I bought the Tuniq Tower 120 and started installing it today. I ran into a little problem. The fan controller is made to go into one of the back slots but the knob will not go through. Is the knob made to screw off? I have tried but didn't want to force anything. Does the fan controller absolutely need to be installed? Has anybody else had this problem and what did you do?

I am really anxious to see what my temps are going to be.

Twist86

I have no idea how to help you but you could try pming Kornowski he has the same cooler so he might be able to help you. He helped me out quite a bit on other things :)

Also your mirror to him on Q6600 so I would say your gonna love it...he is like 21c and 32c load so its a serious cooler.

Kornowski

VIP Member
The knob just pulls off.

Man, never thought I'd say that on the Internet.

Yeah, it just pulls off. Then you screw the plate in and put the knob back on. What I do when putting it back on is turn the dial all the way up, and then put the dial on so that it's all the way up, that way I know it's all alligned. You should get some great temps with it, it's awesome!

Last edited:

memory

I got the knob part figured out, you just pull it off:eek: Now I have another problem, the fan controller is too long for the back slots. There is no way it will fit. Is there something I am missing here?

Looks like me and Kornowski were replying at the same time.

The problem is the fan controller is about an inch to long for the back slots.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
It should fit, they're a universal size. Just line it up, slide it all the way in, don't be affriad to use a little force. There's no reason why it wouldn't fit though, strange.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I know with my case the backing plates slide in a little. So the end opposite to the screw will be in the case a little more. If that makes sense? I'd try and get a picture, but i'm not at my computer.

memory

I got it figured out. I was trying to put it in the wrong way, stupid me.

I got my computer up and running and my temps have dropped about 10 degrees. I am running at about 30 degrees on two cores and about 40 on the other two at 3.0ghz Not bad, I guess. I have not checked it under a load yet.

How did Kornowski get his temps so low?

Kornowski

VIP Member
It just varies on the chip you have. Some run hotter while some run cooler. Just make sure you have good airflow and the fans whacked up!

Twist86

How did Kornowski get his temps so low?

I have my theory's......all sorta end with some evil entity though.

I don't think that's on right though for 3.0ghz even if your on a hotter chip I run cooler @ 3.2ghz with a smaller heatsink (Xigmatek S1283)

Few questions...whats your vcore @...do you have a G0 or a B3 Q6600?

Now a lot can effect your temps though...from case to room temps.

Last edited:

memory

Even with the fan turned all the way up, it doesn't affect the temps too much, maybe a degree or two.

I ran prime95 all night and the highest it reached was 65 degrees. Not too impressed.

According to CPUID Hardware Monitor, my vcore is at 1.33. And I have a G0 q6600. Right now my room temp is about 66 degrees Fahrenheit and I have my window open too, it is 32 degrees Fahrenheit outside.

Twist86

Then that sucker could not be put on correctly. I know temps will vary based off chip temps etc but that is rather high for your room temps.

memory

Yeah that is what I thought. Even just surfing the internet or whatever else, the temps will reach mid 40's on two of the cores only for a moment.

I may try taking it off and putting it back on and see if that will help if I feel like it.

Twist86, where are you located at in Indiana?

memory

I just noticed something about my cooler. Does it make a difference which way the fins are pointing? Mine is installed pointing down. Would that make a big difference?

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
i might get the TT danny,and try for 3.4-3.5Ghz

and sell my Silent knight to my friend with the e6300.

memory

Quick question, if I remove the heatsink a week after I first put it on, would I have to apply new thermal paste? What about a couple of days?