Tuniq Tower 120 and the fan controller

Kornowski

VIP Member
You'd have have to re-apply it, even if it'd been a few minutes. Once you press the HSF down, it causes contact between the paste, CPU and HSF. If you take it off, you'll break the seal.

memory

Which thermal paste would be better, AS5 or Tuniq TX-1?

I am going to try and reseat the heatsink today and hopefully I will get better results.

Twist86

To each his own on paste....some prefer As5 other prefer MX-1 or some other brand.

My vote is with AS5...I have seen 2-3c drops over other pastes using it.

memory

I reseated the heatsink today and it didn't help my temps much. Right now I am at stock settings and idle temps are 32 and 22 degrees and my room is around 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I don't understand why it would not be lower than that. Maybe I just got a chip that runs really hot.

Maybe I need to turn my room into a freezer, that ought a do the trick:D

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, could be slightly warmer chip. There's nothing wrong with 32c idle though! What are your load temps?

Haha, Totally! Fill your room with dry ice! :p

memory

The highest my load temps reached was 57 degrees. I used Intel Burn Test.

I know there is nothing wrong with 32 at idle but it is also pretty cool in my room, in the upper 50's right now and still only at 30 degrees. I figured since my room temps were that low, it would be cooler than that.

Just curious, what are your room temps at, Kornowski?

Kornowski

VIP Member
Well, Intel Burn Test will cause your CPU temps to go through the roof, they'll never go that high when you're gaming or just using your computer.

I think they're around 24c. Though the only temp sensor I have at the moment is in my PC. So I guess, it's 24c, in my PC. So, erm... I don't really know.

Kornowski

VIP Member
Nope, not really. I looked into doing it myself at one point. I had a Silverstone FM121 which pushed 110CFM! I found somebody that had used it in their TT on another site and they said it made very little, of at all any difference. It'd be a lot of messing around for 1 or 2c.

I think your chip just runs a little hotter than others. It's nothing to worry about.

Twist86

How is your cable management? Nothing blocking your air flow?

I know it wont get to his temps but it seems your chip just runs hotter.

or Kuro cheats and photoshops his temps.

memory

My cable management isn't the best but it's not the worst either.

Since I reseated the heatsink, my temps seem too be a little higher. I don't know, maybe I'm not doing it right. Right now it is idling at about 35 degrees just surfing the internet on stock settings. I thought about taking it to a local computer store and have them do it.

I have even thought about selling my q6600 and getting a different one, one that runs cooler. Probably won't happen though.

I think I am becoming obsessed with my temps.

Kornowski

VIP Member
You could sell it and get a new one, but there's no guarantee it'll run cooler.

You buy mine off me for $600! :p

memory

Yeah, I know. That is why I probably just keep this one for now, maybe upgrade to something better later on down the road.

Yeah, you would like that wouldn't you. How about a trade and we'll call it even:D

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, I know. That is why I probably just keep this one for now, maybe upgrade to something better later on down the road.

Yeah, you would like that wouldn't you. How about a trade and we'll call it even:D

Yeah, stuck with it man! It's not too hot and you've got a great clock! ;)

Haha, no deal! :p

Twist86

Actually those temps I have been posting is at stock settings, nothing is overclocked.

I idle @ 30c even @ 2.4ghz and I idle @ 32-33c @ 3.2ghz. Whats your max load temp @ 2.4ghz and say 3.4ghz?

Your sig lied to us :*(

Last edited:

memory

At 2.4ghz, I ran Prime95 for about 3 hours and the highest it reached was 50 degrees. I have not tested it at 3.4ghz yet.

I think I maybe having a problem. Whenever I run Prime95, the computer becomes really slow. I can't do anything else when it is running, well I can but it takes forever. Even after I stop it, it takes forever to get going at full speed. That is not normal is it? It seems like before I was still able to surf the web with Prime95 running.