Tuniq Tower 120 and the fan controller

Kornowski

VIP Member
At 2.4ghz, I ran Prime95 for about 3 hours and the highest it reached was 50 degrees. I have not tested it at 3.4ghz yet.

I think I maybe having a problem. Whenever I run Prime95, the computer becomes really slow. I can't do anything else when it is running, well I can but it takes forever. Even after I stop it, it takes forever to get going at full speed. That is not normal is it? It seems like before I was still able to surf the web with Prime95 running.

Well, Prime95 uses 100% on all your cores, so it will make over things sluggish, it's normal.

It probably felt faster because you were at 3.4Ghz, not 2.4Ghz stock.

Twist86

If that's true then in the end TT120 really isn't that much superior to a Xigmatek....guess this thread saved me 50 bucks ^-^

Kornowski

VIP Member
If that's true then in the end TT120 really isn't that much superior to a Xigmatek....guess this thread saved me 50 bucks ^-^

Well, he could have a pretty hot chip. Considering you're running 3.2Ghz and you're idle at 31c, right? He's idle at 35c while at 2.4Ghz.

I guess the only real way to tell would be to put both coolers on the same chip, but... :rolleyes:

memory

I am not stable yet but Prime95 ran for about 45 minutes before it froze and the highest temp reached 61 degrees at 3.4ghz with 1.37 volts. It idles at about 40 degrees.

I am going to keep raising the volts until it becomes stable. Right now I am at 1.38 volts and it idles at about 44 degrees. I am running Prime95 now.

Twist86

heh shame we don't live closer....get ya to come over with and try the Xigmatek...see if its the chip or cooler.

That seems really high....btw your sig says Arctic Cooler not TT120 ^-^

memory

How far of a drive is it? I would like to try that out if feasible.

Oops, I forgot to change that. Thanks for reminding me.

Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Just curious but why does Kornoskwi's sig say Tuniq Tower LED? Mine doesn't say that. Does yours, Twist86?

Nevermind, about that last part. Now Newegg has two Tuniq Tower's, one is the LED version. Before they only had one version.

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah, mine has shiny LED's, that's what gives it the extra cooling power, because it's so cool, you know? Yeah... nevermind. lol

I'll meet you guys halfway! :p