Watercooling

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That's 400 + shipping, wasn't your price range a bit under that....:p

For the parts I listed, they can all be made to fit inside an ATX tower, a midsized ATX case would be a little tight but probably still doable if you don't mind mounting the rad on the outside at the top and cutting holes, basically it would be sitting right on the top of your case.

You don't need a 5.25" bay reservoir if you make a t-line. The water will stay in the loop and not shoot out the top, and even it it would, the fill ports have caps. Using them saves you a bit of money and you don't have a bunch of extra water in the system.

wizle

My son built his from parts, all he had to buy special was the blocks and radiator. He mounted it all externally, just the hoses inside. Works great but I would never use one H2O and 1's and 0's do not compute to me

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
That TT video card cooler is an all-in-one thing. The water pump and rad are all built into it, it would be a seperate system to the one on your CPU.

If you were to use the DangerDen cooler from frozencpu you'd have to get some reducers to go from 3/8" to 1/4" as your tubing is all 3/8" ID, its not too hard to do though.

g4m3rof1337

I dont want it to be covered.
And dont want to spend $310.

Where can I find blue spring like things...
I need it to go over green tubing, and dark blue, not a light blue.

Thanks

The_Beast

I dont want it to be covered.
And dont want to spend $310.

Where can I find blue spring like things...
I need it to go over green tubing, and dark blue, not a light blue.

Thanks

you won't need the blue spring if you use tygon tubing or if you dont have any tight corners

g4m3rof1337

Alright so look for tygon tubing?
And I probably wont be doing tight corners...

Tygon doesn't kink right?

Thanks

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
You can use vinyl tubing and you don't need anything to hold the tubing open as long as you don't try and pull very tight turns with it. You can even run it under hot water then bend it to make it easier.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds good. It all sounds complicated now, but once you actually start doing it, it's pretty easy.

elitehacker

That is just a myth man, the liquid up market systems use are non conductive which means your system will still function even if its submerged in it. The main concern for me is the lack of thermal management software in some of the cheaper ones. The more expensive ones shut down windows when the pump fails but most of them don't have it, so if the pump fails, the components will still heat up like crazy, I have a pic of a copper graphics card block that cracked when the pump failed, the card of course died and the system was saved bar the graphics card by the thermal management of the CPU. Now the melting point of copper is pretty high, so the GPU must be at crazy temps to cause the copper block to crack.