Well, guess what happened this morning?

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I would have to remove my motherboard to tell you that. But I don't think it has any raised spots, so you would have to use all 9 standoffs to attach the board. I just looked at the manual online and it shows standoffs being used.

The VCR King

I would have to remove my motherboard to tell you that. But I don't think it has any raised spots, so you would have to use all 9 standoffs to attach the board. I just looked at the manual online and it shows standoffs being used.
Ok, thanks John!

The VCR King

IT HAPPENED AGAIN JUST NOW. Walked in on my PC sitting there with fans running but no display or power to USB. Haven't had the time to rebuild the PC yet to check for correct standoffs but it's on my to do list. Rebooted, checked event viewer, sure enough, "KERNEL POWER, 41, SYSTEM, 1 HOUR AGO"

Last edited:

Laquer Head

@The VCR King Have you tried talking with your folks, or whomever and lay out the issues your having, and potentially work out a plan to get a new machine or seriously fix this one? Basically you need the financial assistance and I'm sure if you had a good chat with them, explained the issues, and benefit to them getting involved..perhaps they would front you some $$ or work with you on a solution?

Obviously I don't know your family, but I'd bet they'd at least listen and worst case scenario give their input on what makes sense. I think your at the point where you need external help, as we can't help more than we have - and I'm sure your frustration level is peaking.

The VCR King

@The VCR King Have you tried talking with your folks, or whomever and lay out the issues your having, and potentially work out a plan to get a new machine or seriously fix this one? Basically you need the financial assistance and I'm sure if you had a good chat with them, explained the issues, and benefit to them getting involved..perhaps they would front you some $$ or work with you on a solution?

Obviously I don't know your family, but I'd bet they'd at least listen and worst case scenario give their input on what makes sense. I think your at the point where you need external help, as we can't help more than we have - and I'm sure your frustration level is peaking.
I already talked with the folks and they know what's going on and they know I need my PC repaired and I honestly don't have enough time because of school work so I might wait until summer break. And you're right, I'm very frustrated. This power issue is annoying

Laquer Head

I already talked with the folks and they know what's going on and they know I need my PC repaired and I honestly don't have enough time because of school work so I might wait until summer break. And you're right, I'm very frustrated. This power issue is annoying

Well at least the dialogue is started and they know whats up.. maybe once summer comes and school is done you can do some lawn mowing or other stuff, save a bit then go to then and be like.. I did this ..can you guys beef up the savings a bit. Parents will be more apt to help if they see you trying too!!

The VCR King

Well at least the dialogue is started and they know whats up.. maybe once summer comes and school is done you can do some lawn mowing or other stuff, save a bit then go to then and be like.. I did this ..can you guys beef up the savings a bit. Parents will be more apt to help if they see you trying too!!
I've been doing a lot more chores lately and I gave both my parents written instructions on how to reboot the PC when it blacks out off because it requires manually unplugging and plugging the PSU or flipping its switch

Laquer Head

I've been doing a lot more chores lately and I gave both my parents written instructions on how to reboot the PC when it blacks out off because it requires manually unplugging and plugging the PSU or flipping its switch

You actually had to write down how to unplug a psu?

Laquer Head

Yeah... They're the kind of parents who will mash every f**king button to reboot something and then get pissed off saying illogical things like "the PC is broken, it must be all those games you play."

Say no more, I completely understand that frustration.. especially now that mine are 70+ and retired...really..really stubborn