What are you currently playing?

zombine210

so i just played my first game in DayZ. lasted a full 10 minutes :( :p

i believe the time of day in-game is the same as the server's real-life time. at spawn it was freaking dark as heck and all i could hear were zombies trying to chomp on me :eek:

luckily i was near a dock, so i ran to it and as they tried to flank me, they ended up going into the beach and unable to get to me. i was able to flare up and jet the f*ck up some structure near the train tracks shooting as many as i could from on top of it. they are slow going up stairs.

when i ran out of bullets i made another run for it and ended up in an apartment where i found a bunch of car parts but no guns or ammo. by this time i was under 500 blood and finally collapsed as i jumped down to escape the zombies that chased me up some ladder.

this is loads of fun, but i need to find a daytime server or wait until tomorrow to play on a closer server.

Last edited:

SuperDuperMe

If your in the USA, play on european servers during your day time :D

Servers are based on local time :p

As for surviving ten minutes i lasted less my first time around. My longest was 3 days when i was killed by a group of survivors who i offered to help :( was a bad day, had loads of good loot.

Aastii

VIP Member
i tried rift and i thought it was abysmal, just another rip off of wow. Then again i hate mmos nowdays so id recommend watching a lets play of it on youtube to see if you like it

And WoW was a ripoff of Everquest, in so much as it has monsters to fight, character progression, a large world and similar controls. That is where the similarities end with WoW and Rift too.

I personally liked Rift, however not enough to keep the subscription going. There is a lot (A LOT) different to WoW and other MMO's, most of the time better. The biggest turn off for me though was the art style, I didn't like it at all, especially the weapons.

SuperDuperMe

Umm, help here please. Should I get rift or not??

Rift is awesome if you can afford the monthly sub. The sub 20 stuff is pretty dire once you actually taste 50 and above. The end game is where it is at for rift so unless your going to stick with it i wouldnt. That said if you do put some time in it is awesomely rewarding and fun.

So I have to pay in order to play? Forget then. I don't have money to buy a game, And pay a monthly subscription. Any other recommendations, for good games to pla? Nothing like command and conquer, I would like a style like cod, the first person type deal. It can be similar to skyrim, (the first person part.) So if it is anything from first person shooter, to first person mid evil, to a good racing game.

SuperDuperMe

To be fair there isnt much gore in arma 2.

Also, downloads arent massive. Dayz is like 160mb. As for the game you can buy it retail.

Are you offended by gore, or too young that your parent dissaprove?