What are you currently playing?

spirit

Staff member
You might be thinking of Theme Park World which was on PS1 i think? I had that too, had an amazing theme tune but the game was shit

The original RCT was available on the Xbox. :) Though like I said in the last post, the next two games were PC exclusives. :D

I want RCT4! :D I have a list of things I'd like to see in an RCT4 (an undo button would be nice!) but I know it's not going to happen. RCT3 turns 10 years old next year! :-o

Turbo10

The original RCT was available on the Xbox. :) Though like I said in the last post, the next two games were PC exclusives. :D

I want RCT4! :D I have a list of things I'd like to see in an RCT4 (an undo button would be nice!) but I know it's not going to happen. RCT3 turns 10 years old next year! :-o

Well Chris Sawyer's company is supposedly still going but no news has been released about even the possibility of an RCT4 :(

spirit

Staff member
Well Chris Sawyer's company is supposedly still going but no news has been released about even the possibility of an RCT4 :(

Shame. Would be great if it were released. Maybe it'd be better optimized? RCT3 is in fact, believe it or not, the most demanding game on the planet. Nothing seems to run it really smoothly. I can't even run it without a bit of lag and the occasional crash on my hardware, goodness only knows what people were doing in 2004. ;)

Darren

Staff member
Shame. Would be great if it were released. Maybe it'd be better optimized? RCT3 is in fact, believe it or not, the most demanding game on the planet. Nothing seems to run it really smoothly. I can't even run it without a bit of lag and the occasional crash on my hardware, goodness only knows what people were doing in 2004. ;)

I may be wrong but I think it only uses one core. I was able to play it okay on a P4 2.8GHz with an 8400GS. But yeah at night it drops to like 20 FPS on my computer.

spirit

Staff member
I may be wrong but I think it only uses one core. I was able to play it okay on a P4 2.8GHz with an 8400GS. But yeah at night it drops to like 20 FPS on my computer.

I used to run it on a P4 HT 3.06GHz and an 8400 GS and it lagged like hell. Got it running on the 2500K and 5870 at 1080p (modify the Options.txt file to change the resolution) and at night I get about 75 FPS in an almost full and fully-lit park which is decent enough. :)

It probably only does use one core. It came out in 2004, multi-core processors weren't really common back then...

Turbo10

I thought rct3 was great but i prefer rct2, the rct2 expansions were shite though

spirit

Staff member
I thought rct3 was great but i prefer rct2, the rct2 expansions were shite though

I did have RCT2 and the original RCT but I didn't play them because I was always playing RCT3 so I got rid of them.

RCT3 expansion parks are good. Definitely feels odd playing RCT3 without them - can't build roller coasters or paths underground, can't build swimming pools and can't get additional rides and roller coaster types without them! :eek:

Turbo10

I did have RCT2 and the original RCT but I didn't play them because I was always playing RCT3 so I got rid of them.

RCT3 expansion parks are good. Definitely feels odd playing RCT3 without them - can't build roller coasters or paths underground, can't build swimming pools and can't get additional rides and roller coaster types without them! :eek:

i know mate the rct3 are a must, especially since vanilla rct3 didn't let you dig underground which was a pile of poo

spirit

Staff member
i know mate the rct3 are a must, especially since vanilla rct3 didn't let you dig underground which was a pile of poo

They're a bloody pig to install separately though if you have the game on 3 separate discs like I did. You have to install RCT3 first, then Wild, then Soaked. If you install Soaked first, the installation will fail, which is odd since Soaked came out before Wild... :confused:

In the end I just got Platinum which has the original game and the expansion packs on one CD. Much easier to install. ;)

Turbo10

They're a bloody pig to install separately though if you have the game on 3 separate discs like I did. You have to install RCT3 first, then Wild, then Soaked. If you install Soaked first, the installation will fail, which is odd since Soaked came out before Wild... :confused:

In the end I just got Platinum which has the original game and the expansion packs on one CD. Much easier to install. ;)

Yeah I can remember that there were a lot of strange issues with the expansion pack installing, all sorts of errors and stuff. To be fair it is quite an old game

spirit

Staff member
Yeah I can remember that there were a lot of strange issues with the expansion pack installing, all sorts of errors and stuff. To be fair it is quite an old game

True. It works flawlessly on Vista, 7 and 8 though (tried on all 3). The only downside is the billboards feature doesn't work on anything newer than XP, but I believe you can easily get round it by creating a folder called 'My Pictures' in the Documents folder and put the images you want to use for your billboards in there.

But yeah, it's a good game. Been playing it for years now - about 5 or 6 years I think?

Justin

VIP Member
Currently on my 3rd playthrough of BioShock Infinite on 1999 mode, and it's still fun! Going to platinum this game.

Started Dishonored as well last week, pretty cool game. Shame about the limited ammo you can carry.