What are you currently playing?

spirit

Staff member
Friend gave me his copy of the 2012 NFS Most Wanted (Xbox 360) to borrow, so I will be playing that soon. :)

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (PS3)

Enjoying it so far,I'm quite surprised just how pretty this game is,I know its not all about looks but if any game makes the PS3 shine its this one..the water effects and everything are really nice.

PCunicorn

The Last of Us and Uncharted 3 are the 2 games that look really good for the PS3, as well as drakes fortune and among theives. They are not amazing like BF3 is, but BF3 looks beautiful on max but still has a few ugly textures. None of that is on the Uncharted games or The Last of Us.

Aastii

VIP Member
Rift!! I stopped subscribing last year, as it is a subscription... Now it is f2p, started playing again and then immediately subscribed again for the extra stuff. Damn you Trion and your perfect MMO's

Jamebonds1

Rift!! I stopped subscribing last year, as it is a subscription... Now it is f2p, started playing again and then immediately subscribed again for the extra stuff. Damn you Trion and your perfect MMO's

You're not that addict person are you? :D

Aastii

VIP Member
You're not that addict person are you? :D

Hehe no :p i have just become somewhat disillusioned by gaming. After spending the last a lot of years in clan gaming, playing games on release and smashing them, playing and arranging matches and realising it isn't actually that fun any more, to drop back to an MMO where it is laid back is, dare i say it, fun

PabloTeK

See I found Rift like a clunky version of WoW, it just doesn't play as "smooth" and the UI (at least a few months ago) was a bit too in-your-face for my tastes. That and the talent system was incredibly odd.

Aastii

VIP Member
See I found Rift like a clunky version of WoW, it just doesn't play as "smooth" and the UI (at least a few months ago) was a bit too in-your-face for my tastes. That and the talent system was incredibly odd.

I agree and that is why i love it. WoW is a very flat game, it is too polished, too simple. Rift has far more depth to it, much more to do and guides you through the (much prettier) world much better. The clunkiness, i have found, is from the extra content being thrown at you immediately, rather than the game being made poorly. The only thing i would maybe add or change is explaining the terminology. Planar is not explained to you well at all for instance.

As for the ui, straight off the bat you can customise it completely, however you want to, move anything anywhere, change the sizes as you please, so i do not understand what you mean by that point.

As for the talent system, that is a masterpiece in my eyes. Whilst there are only a few races and classes, by having it so open it allows you to play any race and any class in (nearly) any way. It is hard to get a grasp of at first and you will redo it again and again, but you can reroll as you please, have more than one setup on one roon and relearn, so like anything, it is difficult to understand at first, easy to learn and like any talent system in any game, difficult to master

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Played NFS Most Wanted (2012) on the Xbox 360 this afternoon (friend lent it to me).

It's decent enough, graphics are quite nice but I noticed in the title/loading screens it was actually lagging a bit on the Xbox.

I found driving a bit hard, cars tend to like sliding across roads, and I am not a great fan of the free roaming and constantly having to look in the bottom right corner at your map for directions whilst racing. The free roam and map reading was one of the reasons why I didn't like Burnout Paradise too. I don't really mind driving to races and events but I don't love it either.

It's also kind of a pain to play offline. I kept on getting stupid log in screens from Xbox Live and Origin asking me to create accounts and play online. Only found out you could play offline after I had typed in the details to create an Origin account. :/

All in all it's not too bad. I haven't really played it long enough to make a final decision yet, but at the moment I think Hot Pursuit is still definitely my favourite. :)

Darren

Staff member
Guild Wars 2 oddly enough. My brother got me back in to it. I have a better feel for the game now then when I first played it. The game wasn't clicking for me then like it is now.

I loaded up the wrong save in Just Cause 2 and lost on hour of progess. While not much I didn't feel like going back to it quite yet.

Have switched back over to counter strike global offensive. I really enjoy this game. For $15 it is well worth it.

There are a few things lacking with the game. A number of maps I played in condition zero are not yet in the game. Also I seem to have trouble downloading maps while entering a community server.

Those issues aside, I still enjoy it. With casual I still play most maps I would like to see.

Hyper_Kagome

Just Platinum'd Bioshock Infinite.

I Platinum'd Far Cry 3 last week.

Just popped in my free Bioshock Infinite copy on Xbox not too long ago. Some look like they'll take some time to get to completely max out the gamer score on that game.

Also recently been trying out Lost Odyssey, still playing my Persona 4 Golden... and someday once my graphics card is back (if it gets back, I messed up one of the letters in my return address postal code, put an M instead of an H... sdlfkhsldkjfsd) I can play mu KOTOR, SC2, D3, Witcher(s) and Company of Heroes 2.

I usually bounce between games so often it's hard to sit and actually max out for GS or Trophies. Far Cry 3 was my first.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
hardest trophy/achievement to get?

Yup. First ever Plat/Master/Whatever you get for getting every other one. To celebrate, I grabbed my final three I needed in FF13-2 ;)

Ashley, I think the hardest one for BI would be the Scavenger (1999 Mode without buying anything from a Dollar Bill vendor (health, salts, ammo)). I played through twice before that on lower settings, the second of which I went without to get an idea for how hard it would be. The Voxophones and Sightseer is tricky just because there's so many of them, but they save throughout multiple gameplays.

lucasbytegenius

Found StarMade, a Minecraft-like game set in space and you can build ships and stuff, so I've been really addicted to that lately.

It's an alpha though so it's kind of unstable but I like the game so much I don't mind - which says a lot imo.

Darren

Staff member
Found StarMade, a Minecraft-like game set in space and you can build ships and stuff, so I've been really addicted to that lately.

It's an alpha though so it's kind of unstable but I like the game so much I don't mind - which says a lot imo.

I had some friends trying to get me to play it.