• No

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

4W4K3

VIP Member
Christian Darrall said:
urm you could have got it genuinly,

"genuinly", what does that mean?

I'd have to fly to China, find the forge, and ask for one. I've actually got a video of one basic katana being made, pretty cool process. Without internet, they'd be filling local orders, and the few sparse mail orders from people who live farther away that heard of it word of mouth. Internet makes the process os much easier, they can display their products and the word gets out quicker.

4W4K3

VIP Member
jimmymac said:
whereabouts did you get that video of the sword being forged, be interested to see that myself

http://www.chenessinc.com/videos/Cheness_Forge.wmv - Video
http://www.chenessinc.com/theforge.htm - More info

They skip some of the tedious steps, as filming the entire process would take hours lmao. But it's still quite interesting. The metal workers aren't just people off the street, they are retired from the Chinese Army that was ended a few years back I believe. There is more info on the site.

Rambo

The internet is good.

The internet is almost too good! :p

Christian, why do you not want the internet? Makes no sense to me...

Imagine if you wanted to talk to a relative who lives in Austrailia. How are you going to get in contact? Errrm... The only way is by mail, or the telephone (but if you want amish, then that's ruled out).

With the internet, you can send an email and have it arrive in seconds... Or there's VoIP, where the phone call is actually free (despite costs of the internet itself)! And then we have our instant messengers, MSN, Yahoo IM, AIM, etc...

If the internet wasn't around, people would just concentrate on exploiting other things.

The internet is good.

Christian Darrall

Christian, why do you not want the internet? Makes no sense to me...

no i never said i didn't want the internet, i said that people use the internet for the wrong things. and some people take advantage of good things, but even i admit there are possibilities. did you know your caught on 300+ camaras everyday, and someone somewhere is watching you.

Trizoy

VIP Member
Christian Your a complete idiot. You support for an argument cannot be "it would be better without it"

If there was not internet, the "bad guys" would use something else. Anything EVER mad by the human hand has been used by the "bad guys" in some sort of bad way... So should we go back to the stone age?

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
Christian Darrall said:
i will admit that the internet has its advantages, and as you guys would say "its pros" but it isn't really a risk worth taking, people could be hacking into our computers as we speek,

there are over 6 billion people in the world, and probably more than a billion PC's, what's are the chances that someone is hacking into your computer right now..(unless you're purposley targeted cause of various reasons)

lee101

VIP Member
the internet is one of the best things ever (along with pc's to acces it) just imagine if someone shut down the whole of the internet tomorrow, it would be like taking a step back in time, you would have no instant communications with people, except in the form of the phone, you would not be able to send someone a piece of work to review instantly through email, it would have to go through the post, and take ages to get back to you. There would be far less business about, company's would loose loads of money if it was suddenly shut down. I would not like to live without the internet in a world of today.

Christian Darrall

Christian Your a complete idiot.
, oh and your not.

were did i say anything about the stone age, i understand all bout bad guys etc, but i use the internet for two things,

HMK
Forum

thats is, even if i was to buy something it would be from a shop, how do you know who you giving the money to.

lee101

VIP Member
Christian Darrall said:
thats is, even if i was to buy something it would be from a shop, how do you know who you giving the money to.
hmm, now let's say you ring up to order something, absolutely nothing to do with the internet here, the person asks you for al your card details, at the same time they could be writing them down on a piece of paper, as soon as the call ends the could ring up another place, order thousands worth of stuff, and then you don't know who you are giving your money to, whereas most of the time on the internet if you order something the process is totally automatic, a computer will deduct the amount required ans send the goods, far safer than the telephone imo

Dr Studly

banned
OvenMaster said:
That's called "freedom". What goes along with that is called "responsibility".
i highly doubt that is what our forfathers meant by freedom:)
freedome doesn't mean you can just do w.e. u please...

Last edited: