What do you think?

Do you think the internet is a good thing

• Yes

Votes: 49 96.1%
  • No

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

Rambo

Ok, well this topic has pretty much spiralled out of control... I suggest we either just get back to the topic on hand, or we leave it here.

Oh, and jp198780, stop purposefully spamming/double posting. It really doesn't help... ;)

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Encore4More said:
i highly doubt that is what our forfathers meant by freedom:)
freedome doesn't mean you can just do w.e. u please...
Um, that's why I added the responsibility part. I'm sure our forefathers thought of it as well.
Regards from Tom

Christian Darrall

but that wasn't what he was boasting bout tho,

what do you think is next from the internet, virtual reality,

do you reacon we will be able to send people across the internet

Rambo

Christian Darrall said:
well i hop ethey do, it will probabbly make transport faster and Time is money

That would never work (atleast, in our lifetime!). Think about it...

How on earth do you send a physical object through an invisible service (the internet). It's impossible...

And even if something like that happened, I would NEVER use it. What would happen if the other end of the line was cut off? :eek:

lee101

VIP Member
Christian Darrall said:
you've just contradicted yourself there, one time you're moaning about "how crap" the internet is, and the next you are saying that you hope they use it to transport people one day, which would be good, but if we had that kind of technology we could just make clones of ourselves and have multiple people in the same place at once

Geoff

VIP Member
Rambo said:
And even if something like that happened, I would NEVER use it. What would happen if the other end of the line was cut off? :eek:
Ya, your flying along the telephone lines and all of a sudden a car hits a telephone poll cutting the wires. Bye bye Rambo :p

mtb_ryder130

This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen on this forum.

Christian Darrall said:

And would you please take the time to look over your posts and use the english language properly?

holyjunk

mtb_ryder130 said:
This is one of the stupidest threads I have ever seen on this forum.

And would you please take the time to look over your posts and use the english language properly?
......... No Probably the shoe thread was the most stupid. I hope you know too that stupidest is not a word.:rolleyes:

Bobo

banned
holyjunk125 said:
I hope you know too that stupidest is not a word.:rolleyes:
Yes it is.

stu·pid ([FONT=verdana,sans-serif] P [/FONT]) Pronunciation Key (st
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
p
ibreve.gif
d, sty
oomacr.gif
prime.gif
-)
adj. stu·pid·er, stu·pid·est
  1. Slow to learn or understand; obtuse.
  2. Tending to make poor decisions or careless mistakes.
  3. Marked by a lack of intelligence or care; foolish or careless: a stupid mistake.
  4. Dazed, stunned, or stupefied.
  5. Pointless; worthless: a stupid job.

Geoff

VIP Member
Actually, stupidest isn't a word, and neither is stupider.

If you dont believe me, look in a dictionary. The only words that have the prefix stupid are: stupid, stupidity, and stupidly

The so called words "stupider" and "stupidest" are just comparatives and superlatives, not actual words.

Last edited:

Bobo

banned
[-0MEGA-] said:
The so called words "stupider" and "stupidest" are just comparatives and superlatives, not actual words.
So does that mean that bigger and biggest aren't words? Just because it is a superlative doesn't mean that it isn't a word....

But on the other hand, I really wouldn't trust Dictionary.com for anything of any importance :rolleyes:

Filip

Bobo said:
So does that mean that bigger and biggest aren't words? Just because it is a superlative doesn't mean that it isn't a word....

I have to agree with you here, that's what I wanted to say when I read some previous posts.

Geoff

VIP Member
Bobo said:

But on the other hand, I really wouldn't trust Dictionary.com for anything of any importance :rolleyes:
I didnt go there, i went to www.encarta.com