What was YOUR first GPU???

ADE

banned
oldslot.jpg

There's a picture of an ISA slot.

LOL! I always thought that was a PCI 1.0!

Archangel

VIP Member
the first card wich was fully mine was a Ati Rage 128 (16Mb)

Ati Rage 128
Asus V7000 ( Geforce 2 GTS )
Club3D fx5200
xfx6200 (256Mb)
xfx 6800GT (PCI-e)
2x 7800GTX (asus, MSI) :)

Geoff

VIP Member
What else can you put in a ISA slot??? I had on old PC with 3 of them.

They were used before they had PCI. You could use video cards, sound cards, RAID controllers, ect.

My first video card that I bought was an ATI 9200SE 128MB back in 2002. It was around $80 at Circuit City.

ETSA

Yea the geforce2 in my comp replaced the voodoo 3 from my bros old rig. Those were the days, lol. Wow.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Holy crap first GPU? I think it had 512K of memory but I can't remember who's name was written on it.

My first AGP card was a Geforce 2 MX200.

pyvnetrvne.

banned
OK, lets all remember a time, a time where 64MB graphics card were thought to be the limit of all performance graphics cards. Where 200MHz buss speeds were thought to be phenomenal, where excessive heat was something to be ironed. Where having a 900MHz micro processor was top of the line. When CD-ROM was so expensive you have to use a stolen credit card to get one.
You seriously think that's old? Pfft.

Hylian

Mine was an nVidia TNT2 or something like that...32MB. However, I never bought it, it came with my computer.

The first video card I bought separate and installed myself would be ATI's AIW 9800 Pro 128MB...which I was still using till...about 3 weeks ago :) (this was also only my second card)

Yasu

Well, I don't know what my first GPU was, but it was integrated. My first GPU that I actually knew the name of was an ATI Radeon 9000...and I still have it in my other computer.

bigl2007

first video card

mine is nvidia vanta 16mb and my first video card on my first build computer was geforce mx 4000 64 mb