What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Motorcharge

Chrome, can't stand newer firefox and I never used the add ons anyway. I'd love Chrome a lot more if it didn't freeze half as much as it does though.

Fatback

VIP Member
Chrome, can't stand newer firefox and I never used the add ons anyway. I'd love Chrome a lot more if it didn't freeze half as much as it does though.

My chrome never ever freezes nor can I even remember it freezing on me once. Maybe you should do a reinstall or maybe it's just you're slow PC:D

Motorcharge

It's actually the Shockwave player that locks it up a lot, so I guess I shouldn't really fault Chrome. I dunno how it doesn't for you, it does for a lot of people I know and it does it on my main PC, this piece of crap I'm temporarily on, my parents PC, and my dads laptop lol.

Fatback

VIP Member
It's actually the Shockwave player that locks it up a lot, so I guess I shouldn't really fault Chrome. I dunno how it doesn't for you, it does for a lot of people I know and it does it on my main PC, this piece of crap I'm temporarily on, my parents PC, and my dads laptop lol.

I am no expert but I think shockwave is mostly used for games and stuff. Which I never go to. I pretty much just browse CF, youtube, facebook, flickr, etc, etc, etc. I can't think of anything I do that uses a shockwave player but then again I probably wouldn't know if I saw it.

Motorcharge

I am no expert but I think shockwave is mostly used for games and stuff. Which I never go to. I pretty much just browse CF, youtube, facebook, flickr, etc, etc, etc. I can't think of anything I do that uses a shockwave player but then again I probably wouldn't know if I saw it.

Youtube uses it, so do flash games like Farmville (i know :D). Quite a few things use it actually.

Fatback

VIP Member
Youtube uses it, so do flash games like Farmville (i know :D). Quite a few things use it actually.

Yea that's what I thought. That's weird then, the only time Chrome has ever froze on me. Was when I had an unstable OC which then everything was freezing up so that wasn't chromes fault.

Firefox on the other hand freezes every 15mins or so. That is if it ever opens in the first place.

wildbill

Firefox 3.6 Beta 5. Had some issues with it crashing on me when it was in Beta 3 stage, but now it's kicking arse. Loads faster than IE, and surfs a little faster than Chrome.

tlarkin

VIP Member
I cannot browse with out mouse gestures, so far there aren't any for Chrome that I like, or any for Chrome on the Mac....

Firefox still has the best addons, but I do feel that firefox's quality has diminished a bit over the past year or two.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Firefox on the other hand freezes every 15mins or so. That is if it ever opens in the first place.

Firefox has been doing this to me for the last two or 3 updates i think....not sure why it keeps crashing....dont think mozilla know themselves atm :D

Fatback

VIP Member
Firefox has been doing this to me for the last two or 3 updates i think....not sure why it keeps crashing....dont think mozilla know themselves atm :D

Yea it's a shame really Firefox used to be so good. I think they should throw out the past 5 updates or so and start all over. I hope they get it worked out I miss my Google and yahoo search bar:)

gamblingman

VIP Member
yeah

I decided NOT to update to the newer versions of FF because they lack the prompt for "clear private data" after closing Firefox. Its really, REALLY annoying that I have to go in and change settings depending on whether or not I want online info saved from one browsing session to the next.

Even my fiancee who wasn't so up on internet software didn't like what FF was changed to when it happened. We saw the update when over at a friends home, and we decided that the version we have is the one we want. Besides we are both careful that we don't have any problems.

I hate the way that FF is mimicking I.E. recently. Why on earth would I want FF to look and act like I.E.??? Now that the settings for FF are linked to the I.E. settings, yeah I hate that A LOT.

I hate I.E. with a vengeance. I hate I.E. for the fact that: its LINKED to the registry, no ability to put addons for security or looks or functionality, its confusing tool options, the way that it is so full of weaknesses for things like pop-ups even when the blocker is on, that its S L O......W, also that I cant get rid of I.E. in add/remove programs which leads to the FACT that I have a major weakness in my computer due to a poorly designed program that cant even be disabled let alone uninstalled.

I have seen computers that were virus prone because of I.E., and once I convinced the users to switch to FF they had fewer overall problems with their computer. The only reason I keep FF on mine and my fiancees computer are the addons like NoScript and BetterPrivacy, among many others.

I've used Google Chrome, and its nice, especially for videos. Its also fast in operation and load time, but still lacks the addons option. If there was the option to put addons in Chrome similar to what FF offers, I'd make Chrome my dedicated browser.

In short, if I could I'd uninstall I.E. I would, and I am very close to ditching FF for Chrome as my main browser.

test1pass

Well, I use Firefox....I had used Firefox for a few months before switching. I like Opera a little bit better mainly because i can manuver through web pages with my mouse and mic. Firefox also advertises that they are "the fastest web browser on earth," and when my firewall (PeerGuardian 2) is disabled, it is pretty fast.

PaulPool

I was using IE originally, then I switched to firefox. I tried google chrome, it was zippy the first day and then seemed to bog down. So I did some searching and found some ways to tweak firefox using the about:config and now it's faster than chrome was, so I am happy with it.

cohen

Firefox by far.

I am using the 3.6 Beta 5 and it's great! I had a few issues with 3.5, and they are fixed in 3.6 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.