What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PCunicorn

FF sync sucks, speed sucks, doesn't support the same technology, performance sucks, etc, etc.

You would be too if you realized how much FF sucks.

Never have I agreed with somebody but also had to argue also lol. Firefox supports the same technology, Flash, HTML5, CSS3, etc. Sure it's not powered by Blink which is a more powerful engine than Gecko, but Gecko doesn't suck by any means. It is a little better for sure on Chrome. Sync is for sure better (though Opera sync is best 'cause Opera is on everything, even dumb phones, but if you have just a Android and Windows Chrome is better) than Firefox. BUT, Firefox occasionally beats Chrome like in this bench a little while ago. Which proves FF DOESN'T suck. http://www.ibtimes.com/firefox-vs-c...-honors-latest-web-browser-grand-prix-1330329 Also I used Firefox for a little while, didn't lag at all. Switched tabs (almost) as fast as Chrome.

lucasbytegenius

Firefox occasionally beats Chrome like in this bench a little while ago. Which proves FF DOESN'T suck. http://www.ibtimes.com/firefox-vs-c...-honors-latest-web-browser-grand-prix-1330329 Also I used Firefox for a little while, didn't lag at all.

I have to deal with this crappy bench every time I argue with a Firefox fan. For one thing, it's barely made it past Chrome in those results, and for another, it certainly doesn't feel like it - in fact, it feels much slower than Chrome.

Benchmarks don't prove crap with browsers anymore :)

PCunicorn

I have to deal with this crappy bench every time I argue with a Firefox fan. For one thing, it's barely made it past Chrome in those results, and for another, it certainly doesn't feel like it - in fact, it feels much slower than Chrome.

Benchmarks don't prove crap with browsers anymore :)

Nope, because they are all pretty damn fast. I guess Chrome feels more fluid, but not a massive amount.

DMGrier

VIP Member
On Ubuntu Firefox feels just as fast as Chrome, but I still prefer chrome since I feel they package things better. Example being when using firefox it is just a web browser for me, but when using chrome I get to see how far the web has came by finding web apps in the app store which to my knowledge Firefox doesn't have a app store.

A good example of this is I am on a chromebook right now and there is a web app which works like a installed emulator and I am able to play some old school Gameboy games, on firefox I would have never though this possible since it is just a web browser to me. Thanks to the Chrome store I found a web app which feels like installed software and has a function I never though possible on the web.

I may be wrong but logically I would assume this makes web app developers pulled more towards to chrome since they have a place to advertise their creations.

PCunicorn

The apps are just links. Chrome may be better than Firefox but certainly not in the "apps" department, because chrome's apps suck. Extensions are important and Chrome and Firefox are about equal in that department. And, the app you found could been found with a Google search.

DMGrier

VIP Member
The apps are just links. Chrome may be better than Firefox but certainly not in the "apps" department, because chrome's apps suck. Extensions are important and Chrome and Firefox are about equal in that department. And, the app you found could been found with a Google search.

True but I would have not have thought to search for these things, it was me just being bored surfing through a app store and finding them, doesn't anyone find it odd how Firefox mobile OS has a web app store but there actual desktop browser does not?

Last edited:

PCunicorn

True but I would have not have thought to search for these things, it was me just being bored surfing through a app store and finding them, doesn't anyone find it odd how Firefox mobile OS has a web app store but there actual desktop browser does not?

True. The Firefox mobile os is a mobile os, to survive it needs apps, where Firefox desktop does not.

spirit

Staff member
Eh, I just use Chrome now because I am used to it. I only ever use IE now when I'm at school.

Firefox is OK, but I prefer Chrome.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah could a super mod close this thread? Making a new thread has been discussed but still has yet to happen.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah this thread is over 7 years old so I'm closing and unsticking it.

Someone can take the responsibility to create a new thread and poll.

Status
Not open for further replies.