Votes: 13 9.1%
  • 2000MHz

Votes: 17 11.9%
  • N/A I dont have FSB

Votes: 18 12.6%

• Total voters

Dual_Corex2

banned
Is that why I get better benchmark results and better performce with my BH-5's at DDR650 compared to DDR400?

There is no such thing as DDR650. The highest DDR there is would be DDR400. Anything higher (DDR500, DDR600 etc.) is nothing more then overclocked DDR400. That is why you get better performance. Another marketing seller.

Sigh.

You said it better to run with sync'd speeds. I can run it at DDR400 to be matched with my processor, but I can overclock it, which is essentially the smae as what you said with DDR2, You'd rather have DDR2-667 then DDR2-1150?

Dual_Corex2

banned
Sigh.

You said it better to run with sync'd speeds. I can run it at DDR400 to be matched with my processor, but I can overclock it, which is essentially the smae as what you said with DDR2, You'd rather have DDR2-667 then DDR2-1150?

I dont know much about the newer stuff with DDR2 and all. I know that with DDR400 it was best to just run it with the cpus FSB, as you would gain a very small difference (if any) in performance as opposed to overclocking the FSB with the RAM.

DDR2-667 will run at 333mhz
DDR2-1150 will run at 575mhz

Im guessing with all the new stuff, the memory speed being higher then the FSB doesnt matter anymore. Also, the DDR2-1150 will allow for alot more bandwidth then the DDR2-667. You have to think about that as well. That is, if the CPU will allow it. Your memory bandwidth can also be limited by your CPU as well.

ceewi1

VIP Member
Even so, arnt you guys saying that Athlon 64s dont have an FSB? Mine does though, its 200mhz. I know AMD calls it something different now, but is it not the same thing? Everything is getting skewed for marketing if you ask me.
The AMD CPUs have an integrated memory controller, so no northbridge link, and no FSB.

Would this be in mhz or ghz? lol. Either way that is also incorrect. As stated earlier, there is no current cpu with an actual FSB above 266mhz (stock). The highest reached in an overclock was 640mhz. What you are thinking about is called AMDs HTT. Which actually, is much more advanced then Intels Hyper-Threading. I really didnt like the idea of Intels HT. I dont think it was really useful, all it did was make the system believe there was 2 cpus instead of one. Im not sure how that would make anything more effective..... But AMDs are also better since the memory controller is built into the chip, making it faster to access rather then having it on the board taking up useful space as Intels do.
Hyperthreading and Hypertransport are completely unrelated.

And technically speaking the FSB of C2D models and other P4 and other processors that are newer use the 1066MHz FSB WITH a bus of 266, the FSB is 1066
Other way around. FSB=266, effective bus speed=1066. Read the rest of the thread.

Cromewell

Administrator
Staff member
Instead, it will read 266mhz which since the Intel cpus have 4 pipelines
There's only 1 'pipeline'
And technically speaking the FSB of C2D models and other P4 and other processors that are newer use the 1066MHz FSB WITH a bus of 266, the FSB is 1066
Accurately speaking, the FSB of a Core 2 Due (say an E6600) is 266 and it transfers 4x per cycle giving it an effective speed of 1066.
You'd rather have DDR2-667 then DDR2-1150?
I would, but that's because my brain still functions and says it's silly to pay the price premium to buy those.

Dual_Corex2

banned
There's only 1 'pipeline'

Thanks for clearing that up. Someone had told me that they had 4 and AMDs had 2 and thats why Intel cpus were quad-pumped and AMDs were dual-pumped FSBs. I was unsure of that information though. But it made since at the time :D

Geoff

VIP Member
There is no such thing as DDR650. The highest DDR there is would be DDR400. Anything higher (DDR500, DDR600 etc.) is nothing more then overclocked DDR400. That is why you get better performance. Another marketing seller.

What do you think DDR400 is? Just overclocked DDR333 or DDR266 :p

Jet

VIP Member
After adding the DDR, the fastes RAM i think right now is 1192MHz out of the box. plu there is a 1066MHz FSB on the newer Intel processors. and I would take a 2.4GHz C2D over ANY AMD out there. and nice tripple post.

1. You should add "effective" after the 1192Mhz.
2. There is faster memory than "1192Mhz", in your language.

Infected Cat

the highest DDR there is would be DDR400. Anything higher (DDR500 said:
Wrong..........you can now buy DDR2 which is capable of reaching speeds of 800 MHz. Depending on how you're bios is configured speeds of 800mhz can be achieved with PC2-6400 DDR2 800MHz. Configuring bios is not really classed as over clocking you are enabling certain options within the bios, where on the other hand software that has been downloaded, giving you the option to over clock is forcing the system that does not have these options to be over clocked.

They our selling 800 MHz ram on eBay check the link below..

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/NEW-TEAM-512M...5QQihZ013QQcategoryZ44938QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Last edited:

Dual_Corex2

banned

4W4K3

VIP Member
I've had standard DDR400 run up to 255MHz. That's ~DDR500. And I KNOW I've seen people top 280MHz with Corsair/OCZ RAM, along with other "no-name" stuff that turned out to be golden. I just really liked OCZ :p

jedijeff123

2000mhz FSB?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i thought that 800 was second best......

MEDICAL WARNING
Excessive use of smileys could cause brain damage or even permanent mimicking of smileys.

Geoff

VIP Member
2000mhz FSB?????:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:
i thought that 800 was second best......

MEDICAL WARNING
Excessive use of smileys could cause brain damage or even permanent mimicking of smileys.

Praetor put those in to fool AMD users :p

The highest bus speed now is 1066Mhz, while the 1333Mhz will be out soon.

NikonCP

banned
[-0MEGA-];547956 said:
Praetor put those in to fool AMD users :p

The highest bus speed now is 1066Mhz, while the 1333Mhz will be out soon.

I got my HTT speed over 1200mhz stable and i hear that HTT doesnt take to OCing well :D