Which Brand of Camera Do You Own? (Poll)

Which brand(s) of camera do you own?

• Total voters

spirit

Staff member
Thought it'd be interesting to see which brands of camera are favoured amongst the CF community. :)

Myself: I own a FujiFilm FinePix S4000 and a Nikon D3200. In the past I've owned Sonys and Panasonics.

tremmor

Mine is a Canon S3IS that works for me. If i was more serious i would step it up. Have every attachment ya can get without spending a swoop of money.

salvage-this

Right now I have a Canon point and shoot. Not all that bad for what I do but I would really like to break into and SLR at some point.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I still own my Fuji S1500 bridge. Currently shoot with a Canon EOS 50D but I'm buying Geoff's 7D soon and selling the 50D. I was toying with the idea of keeping the 50D as well, but I like money :D

spirit

Staff member
I still own my Fuji S1500 bridge. Currently shoot with a Canon EOS 50D but I'm buying Geoff's 7D soon and selling the 50D. I was toying with the idea of keeping the 50D as well, but I like money :D

Fuji's bridge cameras aren't at all that bad. Seems to me like most people start off with them, and then they get something bigger later on. ;)

spirit

Staff member
I used to own a DSC-W110 and Mum owns a DSC-W180. Sony do make pretty good little cameras. Never used one of their D-SLRs.

Ankur

I currently have Olympus Point & Shoot, I have been looking to get a new one since a few months, I am onto the one which Spirit had, but my friends telling me to get a 650D though. *confused*.

Life

banned
The fuji? get it, i have the same one spirit has, just a little less zoom, and I highly recommend it.

spirit

Staff member
I currently have Olympus Point & Shoot, I have been looking to get a new one since a few months, I am onto the one which Spirit had, but my friends telling me to get a 650D though. *confused*.

I still own the S4000. Yeah it's pretty good but I'd sooner buy a Panasonic, Canon or Nikon bridge camera over a Fuji.

I wouldn't recommend getting a 650D though. I've tried one. It's quite expensive but feels really cheap and the kit lens is noisy. I chose the Nikon D3200 over it as it is smaller, lighter, cheaper, better-built and has a higher resolution. Not sure what ISO performance is like on the Canon though, but the build quality and price alone was enough to put me off getting a 650D.

Karimsafieddine

Like I expected, most people chose canon just like me. I own the Canon Vixia HF R100.
Highly recommend it.

Last edited by a moderator:

OvenMaster

VIP Member
I'm very surprised to see Vivitar up there, so I checked the box.
It's an ancient 3.3Mpixel 3715 point&shoot that I got as a gift three Christmases ago. It works okay for my purposes, but man, does it eat batteries! I had to get a recharger and a pair of AA's for it.
I know a guy with the coolest Canon. That thing can take low-light pix easier than any film camera that I grew up with. He also has a Nikon that takes incredible closeups.

spirit

Staff member
Nikon. I've been looking at a Canon EOS 600D. Handled one in JB Hi-Fi. I like.

I tried a few Canons out when I was trying to decide which D-SLR for me. I only tired out the lower end models, but I tried a 650D out and I thought the build quality was pretty poor for the price I was paying. I got a Nikon D3200 in the end, seemed much better built, had a better overall spec, and was cheaper. :)

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I'm very surprised to see Vivitar up there, so I checked the box.
It's an ancient 3.3Mpixel 3715 point&shoot that I got as a gift three Christmases ago. It works okay for my purposes, but man, does it eat batteries! I had to get a recharger and a pair of AA's for it.
I know a guy with the coolest Canon. That thing can take low-light pix easier than any film camera that I grew up with. He also has a Nikon that takes incredible closeups.

My old Kodak Easyshare ate batteries like crazy. Could only take a half dozen pictures or so before they died.

And with the low light photos, all you need is a camera that can shoot high ISO's with little noise.

spirit

Staff member
Most D-SLRs are very good at handling ISO, so really any D-SLR should be able to shoot good night shots. :)

voyagerfan99

Staff member
Most D-SLRs are very good at handling ISO, so really any D-SLR should be able to shoot good night shots. :)

Especially when you shoot in RAW, noise correction isn't a very big issue. But some cameras are better at high ISO's than others.