Which Brand of Camera Do You Own? (Poll)

Which brand(s) of camera do you own?

• Total voters

Rit

Woo, that's quite a jump there. I'm sure you're enjoying it :)

It's a MUCH needed jump and loving it. Except I want to dump my canon 28-135mm and get a Sigma 10-20mm and a Tamron 17-50mm. Little bit of an overlap, but it will be nice for real estate pictures and a walk around lens.

EvanK

Cause it's the best :D

Don't even get me started...

I went Nikon simply because I had a couple of older AI-S lenses, but if I had to do it again I'd still probably go Nikon>Canon. I agree with Spirit in that their lower end bodies feel cheaply made in comparison, even the $2000 6D just doesn't feel like a premium product to me. However, the "feeling" is a personal thing, I always recommend to try out a camera before you buy to make sure that the ergonomics work for you.

spirit

Staff member
People stick with that they know and they want to use the lenses they have bought, but I tried an 1100D, a 550D, a 600D and a 650D. None of them felt great, the 1100D is the cheapest D-SLR you can buy at the moment and yeah of course it's gonna be cheap so we'll leave that out of the equation, but the the 550D, 600D and 650D didn't feel very solid.

I'm sure the 60D, the 7D, the 6D, the 5D and the 1D are much better.

I tried a D3100, a D3200 and a D5100 and they all felt much better than the Canons.

Just my opinion. The D3200 was also cheaper than the 650D and it had a better overall spec.

Justin

VIP Member
I can only think that the lower end Nikon's are cheaper because they don't have an AF motor. That was also part of the reason why I went Canon.

Ankur

Canon being on top is not surprising, what surprises me is Olympus is 3rd, I can't even find their cameras in the market, I own one of their point and shoot.

Last edited:

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
Yeah the Rebel series of Canon DSLR's are crap. Luckily I never owned one and jumped right in with a 50D :D

Punk

Staff member
Yeah the Rebel series of Canon DSLR's are crap. Luckily I never owned one and jumped right in with a 50D :D

Rebel was their move for mass population selling. Nikon had theirs too, but in general they were better (not talking about the top notch DSLRs).

spirit

Staff member
Canon being on top is not surprising, what surprises me is Olympus is 3rd, I can't even find their cameras in the market, I own one of their point and shoot.

Olympus are quite popular over here. I don't think they really have a market for D-SLRs (when you think D-SLRs you tend to think Canon, Nikon, Sony and Pentax) but certainly they still make quite a few point and shoot cameras and bridge cameras.

Turbo10

CanonAE1Pgrm-Joe.jjpg

Got that from my Dad a few years ago, it's under my bed somewhere, haven't used it much, last time i took a load of pictures with it I got them developed and they were all crap haha