• AMD

Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Mtag

If you are talking performance..... obviously Intel. I can't see how anyone could argue that point. AMD has done some smart things with their pricing to keep customers since they have fell behind as far as performance is concerned.

diduknowthat

formerly liuliuboy
AMD! Best for your money plus, Im not falling for Intel's crap! They are just like mac. They try to make their stuff the next big thing

I agree that AMD does have some very nice budget processors, but I don't see how you can compare Intel to Macs. AMD's the one going around making their Phenoms look like the "next best thing" with tag lines like "the first REAL Quad core" and stuff like that.

deankenny

INTEL, i been with AMD for years but INTEL have just jumped ahead this year while keeping prices down ty intel, cant wait to use your power

shenry

I voted AMD mainly because my experience with them has been better than with intels. The only reason my current rig is intel is because they are the best choice for performance at the moment.

cohen

[-0MEGA-];944368 said:
Thats because they are the next big thing...

Yes,

My AMD Processor it working very well, i like them.

As for Intel - they are good from something, like a mac, my friend has one and it is working fine. But if i had it my way i would have an AMD processor in it.

Kewl Munky

I currently have AMD, but I'm going to switch to Intel.

I've never heard of power PC. I only know of one other that starts with a C.

yopmemama

i belive the cell processor to be an amazing feat in enginnering but for pure desktop i would prefer to amd quad core phenom as it is more of a new technological advancement than the intel quad as it is 4 native cores instead of 2 dual in n package

Geoff

VIP Member
i belive the cell processor to be an amazing feat in enginnering but for pure desktop i would prefer to amd quad core phenom as it is more of a new technological advancement than the intel quad as it is 4 native cores instead of 2 dual in n package
The Core 2 Quad Q9x series is actually newer. It features a 45nm process, 1333MHz FSB, 12MB L2 Cache, uses less power, etc.

Even the older Intel quad cores outperformed AMD clock for clock.

Timo

I am for whoever makes my bang for my buck. And seeing I am willing to pay Intel prices for Intel bang I'll go for Intel :)

But were AMD to make better/cheaper Quads I'd take that :)

I currently have AMD, but I'm going to switch to Intel.

I've never heard of power PC. I only know of one other that starts with a C.

i think power pc is

mac and apple computers and well games arnt really made for apple pcs so people mainly go with Intel and amd as Microsoft pay a lot for games on xp unfortunatly:( (i want game on LINIX! :p:p:D:))

maroon1

Intel have great products at the budget market, Intel budget processor are getting cheaper and better month after a month

E1200, E1400, E2180, E2200 and E2220, E4600 and E7200 are all great budget processors for the price.

Calibretto

VIP Member
Intel Procs have greater future proofing. Nothing wrong with AMD procs but they haven't been doing so well against Intel.

I would add the E8400 to that list maroon. It might not be a budget proc but it's one of Intel's best Core 2 Duo and for the price, it's amazing.