• PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hmm

I voted for AMD because I still think overall, they offer a better line of processors. Yes the Core 2 Duo is the best right now but that's because it's the newest processor out there. It's a neverending circle of ups and downs for both companies. As Einstein said, it's all relative :p

JAN :D

fade2green514

you should make a thread "which cpu architecture do you prefer" lol
i chose intel but thats only because they hold the lead for the fastest home pc processor on the market...

Charles_Lee

i couldn't decide, cuz i own a amd core, and yet i ve always liked intel better.
well, i guess i can vote for intel, and yet i really don't know

Iluvpenguins

im gunna hold out and see if AMD will come out with something to put up against the Core 2 Duos,but as of right now i voted amd

JamesBart

Hmmmm.... intel

Intel is all that ive known so far so thats all i have gone for. but i would like to experiment with AMD sometime in the near future and thats all i know about that! :D

pbdr

I actually have both an Intel (laptop; wrk computer) and an AMD (desktop; home). I voted for AMD, I like there processors andtend to side with the "little guy"; yes the Conroe is the best right now, but you can still hang with an AMD.

Not to mention, as has already been pointed out, how long until the the top proc switches again? My guess, less than a year. Intel's Conroe just shows that they can still hang with AMD after years of being second best...

I also think it is necessary for there to be at least 2 very competative PU makers out there (which there is) to keep inovations coming at a decent rate.

Verve

I really haven't gotten to the point of building my own computers, but if I had to choose I think I'd go for AMD for easier overclocking.

Charles_Lee

I really haven't gotten to the point of building my own computers, but if I had to choose I think I'd go for AMD for easier overclocking.
you are quite right, well in a sense that dual core amd processors are good overclockers, both x2 series and some opterons...
i have very little experience with intel cpu overclocking,
but you know what? i think intel cores are just as good as amd for overclocking,
i mean as long as you know what you are doing, its all good...

MasterEVC

AMD.

Intels new chips are actually good for once, but still they charge and arm and a leg for it. Until they get some reasonable prices Im sticking with AMD

Geoff

VIP Member

you are quite right, well in a sense that dual core amd processors are good overclockers, both x2 series and some opterons...
i have very little experience with intel cpu overclocking,
but you know what? i think intel cores are just as good as amd for overclocking,
i mean as long as you know what you are doing, its all good...

The new Intel Core 2 Duo's are much better at overclocking then AMD's X2.

fade2green514

damn this poll is pretty close. looks like intel is taking most of the votes, i wonder why AMD is still keeping up. intel clearly has a better processor... i mean the e6400 is better than the 4800+ and cheaper too! whats up with that! plus, its much more overclockable, along with the e6300 as well...

Iluvpenguins

Because AMDs are still good.Sure the Core 2's are better,but they are newer sooo...why wouldnt they be better,its just gunna be back and forth because amd will ocme up with something amazing and then intel and etc etc.