Votes: 297 39.7%
  • PowerPC

Votes: 1 0.1%
  • Other (Specify)

Votes: 7 0.9%

• Total voters

Archangel

VIP Member
I only prefer intel because they have the new core2 duo line which are just an amazing proc. Heck if could get the new quad core I would, but I can't afford it, curently I only own an socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3700+.

from that i assume you prefered AMD before that, because of their awesome x64 CPU's when they were released?

lovely?

I only prefer intel because they have the new core2 duo line which are just an amazing proc. Heck if could get the new quad core I would, but I can't afford it, curently I only own an socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 3700+.

huh? i was under the impression that socket 754 only supported up to athlon 64, 3400

Jonyboy

I chose intel because i dont own any amd computers but i would be perfectly happy to use or try an amd computer.

towly

I voted for AMD simply because its what I've been using for a long time now and feel more comfortable with.

playwith_madness

im totally new to this stuff, so correct me if i am wrong. Intel has the superior processor now however Amd just lowered their prices massively therefore if i am not looking for super computer 2020, The best bang for your buck would be Amd? that said was the dual core Amd also lowered recently?

Oh and btw i dont play computer games.

Last edited:

zaroba

theres no selection for 'no preference' so i hit other.

i don't really have a cpu preference. when it comes to building a pc, i first find a motherboard i like and then get whatever kind of cpu that it needs.

jedijeff123

im totally new to this stuff, so correct me if i am wrong. Intel has the superior processor now however Amd just lowered their prices massively therefore if i am not looking for super computer 2020, The best bang for your buck would be Amd? that said was the dual core Amd also lowered recently?

Oh and btw i dont play computer games.

no, Intel's "superior processor" aka core 2 duo, is actually pretty affordable. unless ur on a super tight budget, say, 600

Zovistograt

I choose AMD since it's cheaper and I don't particularly see any difference. I probably will get one when I get a new laptop in the summer. All I have now is a Celeron M, so maybe that's why :p

Something about AMD and Intel

Here's something u probably haven't seen about Intel, Intel is watching what AMD researching. Intel is watching AMD closer than ever before. They need to quit this, it is causing their research to suffer from this. I'm sure the quads would have been out last year if this wasn't occuring. Think about this.

Verve

I haven't been keeping up on this. But when is AMD going to release their newer processors that are supposed to compete with (or be better than) the C2D?

I dunno, AMD just got Dual-Core

AMD is supposed to release something better than C2D, when they just came out with Dual-Core? Oh, please, Intel has had 3 or 4 dual core series and now a quad series. AMD needs to have a reality check, it will probably take-off quick in sales (like every other AMD processor). And then the bugs start to appear and it slowly dies AMD style.

jedijeff123

when Macs switched to Intel from PowerPC, wasn't there like a huge performance increase? so i don't know why anyone would vote PowerPC