I know that the triple cores (720be) are either quad cores with the 4th core dissabled or just a quad core with a broken fourth core, but what are the chances that I can open that 4th core up?
If it is too much of a risk and I am focused on getting a quad core, does this look like a good set up? >>
CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103674
MoBo: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131402
Is there anything wrong with that CPU? I doesn't have as many ratings as the other quad cores for the same price and it has a higher GHz on each core (.2)
I thought, if I really want a quad core, why be a fricken Penny Pincher, and just save $60 more for it.
Okay cool, Ill just stick with the quad core. And thank you, I wasn't sure if that MoBo was a good idea for this build or not.
The motherboard says it has 2 PCIe x 2.0 slots ones a x16 an the other is x8. Does that mean I can still SLI or can I not put an ordinary x16 card in that x8 slot?
Thanks again
Its a Crossfire only board. Not SLI. With a single card the top slot runs a X16. In Crossfire with two cards they are X8/X8. If you want a X16/X16 board you need a 790FX chipset.