Who else has had Windows 10 forced upon them?

OvenMaster

VIP Member
Might sound a bit simplistic, but isn't it necessary to actually click "Accept" for the EULA in order to initiate a Win 10 upgrade? No accept EULA, no install.
Or am I wrong?

SpriteMidr

Fine? If all problems with Windows 10 using keyboard and mouse are "fine", perhaps then yes. Some examples:

- When starting conputer with multiple user accounts, Windows 7 shows all users available. Windows 10 shows picture screen. One click to get out of it and onto login screen. When on login screen scrolling through users with keyboard arrow keys is not possible.

- I'm using desktop computer and still see Settings panel on start menu instead Control panel.

- Scrolling through options with pressing first letter on keyboard. Usually not working on Windows 10.

That list is almost endless. Considering that Windows 7 come out 2009, Windows 10 is has huge drawbacks for desktop users.

While Windows 10 can be used with keyboard and mouse, it's much more restricted than Windows 7 for big screens and mouse+keyboard combo.

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Personalization and set the NoLockscreen DWORD to 0x1.

If you have WinLogon to wait for Ctrl Alt Del before showing Windows List, you wont get a user list anyway first. Whether you use Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows 10.

Quite frankly, I think that putting people down or bitching about what OS other people choose to use is childish and not what this forum should be for. Every one is entitled to their own opinion remember :)

Sorry to quote an old post but I felt this should be pointed out.

Laquer Head

Go to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/Personalization and set the NoLockscreen DWORD to 0x1.

If you have WinLogon to wait for Ctrl Alt Del before showing Windows List, you wont get a user list anyway first. Whether you use Windows 7, Windows XP or Windows 10.

Quite frankly, I think that putting people down or bitching about what OS other people choose to use is childish and not what this forum should be for. Every one is entitled to their own opinion remember :)

I agree, everyone is entitled to my opinion... thanks Dad

mep916

Administrator
Staff member

Absolutely, thanks for pointing that out. :)

The hostility around here can be overwhelming, it's very unfortunate. 95% of what's discussed on this forum doesn't go beyond the scope of A+ -- you know, that certification that your 18 yr old, pimple faced Geek Squad tech earned to get his job. It's the stuff someone new, or a beginner in IT should know, yet everyone's smarter, knows-it-all, and if you slightly deviate from the echo chamber of the 8-10 people that actually use Computer Forum, you're attacked/berated/insulted. It's sad and depressing.

Here's the good news. Fresh faces and quality users like yourself can make a difference, maybe improve the culture around here. I'd encourage you to stick around and bear with us. The attrition rate for new members is rather high around here, I'm glad you haven't given up on us yet.

SpriteMidr

The hostility around here can be overwhelming, it's very unfortunate. 95% of what's discussed on this forum doesn't go beyond the scope of A+ -- you know, that certification that your 18 yr old, pimple faced Geek Squad tech earned to get his job. It's the stuff someone new, or a beginner in IT should know, yet everyone's smarter, knows-it-all, and if you slightly deviate from the echo chamber of the 8-10 people that actually use Computer Forum, you're attacked/berated/insulted. It's sad and depressing.

Here's the good news. Fresh faces and quality users like yourself can make a difference, maybe improve the culture around here. I'd encourage you to stick around and bear with us. The attrition rate for new members is rather high around here, I'm glad you haven't given up on us yet.

I hope so :)

Punk

Staff member
Win 10 is by far the best Windows OS to date. Not sure why you wouldn't want it?
That's not really the discussion here, we are talking about how Microsoft is forcing the update. Like one day you turn on your computer and it updates without you accepting anything... I don't think you'd like that.

SpriteMidr

That's not really the discussion here, we are talking about how Microsoft is forcing the update. Like one day you turn on your computer and it updates without you accepting anything... I don't think you'd like that.

Am I the only person who checks the updates I am installing (cant now but used to)?

You can just remove the GWX.exe update iirc.

Laquer Head

Guess I know who deletes my posts then...

Okedokey

In any case, this is going to be a non-issue in a few months. Microsoft is only offering Windows 10 as a free upgrade until July. After that, people will have to pay.