Why do people hate vista?

colt1911

I have Vista and it's 64 bit ,but the thing I hate is that the software companies are draging their feet on getting things to work with Vista. Example I can't use IE 7 32 bit anymore it keeps not responding and then closing. Too many webites don't work with IE 7 64 bit. I even been in contact with Microsuck and they can't help. Lkie I said it's not Vista that's the problem.

Geoff

VIP Member
I have Vista and it's 64 bit ,but the thing I hate is that the software companies are draging their feet on getting things to work with Vista. Example I can't use IE 7 32 bit anymore it keeps not responding and then closing. Too many webites don't work with IE 7 64 bit. I even been in contact with Microsuck and they can't help. Lkie I said it's not Vista that's the problem.

IE7 is produced by Microsoft, not another software company.

colt1911

Yeah I know IE 7 is Microsoft ( that's just aproblem I have right now) what I was refering to is like Java , Adobe for example. By the way Omega is Firefox really that much better than IE 7 ?

Jabes

banned
Yeah I know IE 7 is Microsoft ( that's just aproblem I have right now) what I was refering to is like Java , Adobe for example. By the way Omega is Firefox really that much better than IE 7 ?

I think that ff is alot better then IE because it has alot of add ons and its more secure :D

DirtyD86

banned
i have had absolutely no issues with vista, everything has worked perfectly. it was the same story when XP came out, people just need something to b*tch about. yes, it does require a little more oomph from the system, but with half the people on these boards running q6600s and 8800gtxs.... who cares?

Irishwhistle

Because, Vista doesn't work work with many programs and not many printers/cameras/scanners are compatible with it

I use two computers with Vista 32 bit and the only program I've had the slightest trouble with is Firefox (it crashes often.) IE 7 works well with Vista and is much more secure than the previous versions, but..... I still don't like Vista. It's always popping up with the stuff I don't want when I don't want it and never the stuff I want when I want it. :p :(:confused::mad::rolleyes::eek::p

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
I have had vista 64bit running on my system since i built it (2 months) and havn't had a single lock up or crash, the ONLY problem i have had is getting my 2year old linksys wireless card working. But i did get it working.

Like someone stated before, people complain about printers and scanners that are 5 years old not working... maybe thats because its discontinued, therefor no support!?! hence its time for a upgrade :p

I have had vista 64bit running on my system since i built it (2 months) and havn't had a single lock up or crash, the ONLY problem i have had is getting my 2year old linksys wireless card working. But i did get it working.

Like someone stated before, people complain about printers and scanners that are 5 years old not working... maybe thats because its discontinued, therefor no support!?! hence its time for a upgrade :p

Yeah, that's the manufacturer's fault if anyone's apart from the user's... I had my Dell AIO 962 Printer working in Vista... I have a Lexmark 2300 Series now and it's about 2 years old.

JSpecGC8

Man some of you people seriously need to sit back relax have a cup of hot green tea, or coffee and breath a little.

I dont hate Vista but I will be damn if some programs I paid $200 or more are not supported or fail to work well with Vista.

If I have a 5 year old digital camera that has 5.1mpix(goof off camera), I dont want to buy another one so the software is supported on my computer.

My serious picture equipment cost me a pretty penny, I am not going to risk dealing with software issues that neither company is willing to address when I have none now.

Vista still has issues that I am not willing to deal with, once they get alot more of the bugs worked out I will change over but until then, its XP!!

So yes right now IMHO Vista is not up to par!!!

Man some of you people seriously need to sit back relax have a cup of hot green tea, or coffee and breath a little.

I dont hate Vista but I will be damn if some programs I paid $200 or more are not supported or fail to work well with Vista.

If I have a 5 year old digital camera that has 5.1mpix(goof off camera), I dont want to buy another one so the software is supported on my computer.

My serious picture equipment cost me a pretty penny, I am not going to risk dealing with software issues that neither company is willing to address when I have none now.

Vista still has issues that I am not willing to deal with, once they get alot more of the bugs worked out I will change over but until then, its XP!!

So yes right now IMHO Vista is not up to par!!!

What do you need software for on a digital camera? THEY USE USB, just open the camera's file system, just as easy....

X2BreakOfFate

No problems from vista here. See what I don't understand is why people are complaining about it, look at the almighty Linux. You can't just plug in play your camera software with that... you have to learn how to use wine and I bet you that wont work. "I'll be damned if I pay $200... blah blah blah" and I'll be damned if someone compared Vista to Linux giving Linux the praise because it can't run a heck of a lot of hardware without a serious amount of tweaking.
But I guess thats what's good about Linux, you can tweak it to do almost anything...
W/e
:)
Go Vista, Apple..
Linux you hang in their and get my printer working and I'll favor you.

X2BreakOfFate

Oh also earlier someone said something about software companies paying millions of dollars to get their stuff distributed, it wasn't in this thread but one I posted. I said something like not being able to tweak my OS when I buy it is like dominos saying I can't take the olives off their pizza. I understand alot more money is put into software than pizza, but some of us are complaining about our 200 dollar cameras and I would like to give you a little news flash. When you go to an expensive restraunt and get a 40 dollar meal, do you walk out saying "Ill be damned if this doesnt last me the entire week"? You buy something, dont expect it to be good forever, grant it if you just want to talk pictures its great but its not always going to be supported. Thats why I'll never by a high end PC because it wont be long before its not so High End any more. I'll never buy a camera that costs more than 150 because they'll just get better and better and when it gets so good in another few years I'll buy another good 150 dollar camera. Your expecting one thing to upgrade and support the last ten years of work but in reality... these companies that spend millions on great software that none of you can appreciate, they dont need to support five year old software.

"Oh Windows makes me so mad, thats why I'm going to switch to linux"
:)
You may like linux but your camera software still wont work... trust me lol.

Travis30384

I have a vista laptop, and i would give it a 7/10. It is a great os, but it is jut not stable, and can't do things up to snuff.