why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

demonikal

In the Control Panel, under Performance Information and Tools, for "Calculations per Second" for my quad-core processor, the subscore is a 7.3

Is that perhaps because my mobo was made to be upgarded to 6-core CPUs or would it be because I have not overclocked my current processor at all?

Thanks.

claptonman

That's perfectly normal. My 960T was at 7.3, and I overclocked it to 3.7ghz, and it went up to 7.4. The windows experience index is not that great of a benchmark and doesn't reflect real performance. Don't worry about it. And a i5 2500k gets 7.4 at stock speeds, so its not accurate.

claptonman

Only thing that isn't 7.9 on mine is RAM and CPU. I've seen RAM at 7.9 (2133mhz) but not CPU. But once again, pointless seeing as though I could get a better GPU and still be at 7.9.

SuperDuperMe

My gpu is 7.3 i think, my cpu is 5.3 or 5.9 cant remember which and my hdd is 5.6 :/ Then again i have severly rubbish hardware :p

jonnyp11

just saying, the thing is total crap, i score a 5.5, 5.5, 2.8, 3.1, 5.9, although i think i read somewhere it goes up 10x each number 1 is 1, 2-10, 3-100, etc. but still, if he's remembering right that's putting my e2210 up with mike's e6600

SuperDuperMe

Its a really bad indication for perfromance :p. EVen when it says games recommend such a thing and then im under because of my hdd :/ I mean surely my gpu (in most games) is a lot more important than my hdd.

87dtna

I had a 7.8 on the CPU with a 2600k at 4.5ghz. It is possible. Two vertex II SSD's in Raid 0 gave me 7.9 on the hard drive one. My gtx570 was 7.8, so I'm sure a 580 is 7.9.

claptonman

I had a 7.8 on the CPU with a 2600k at 4.5ghz. It is possible. Two vertex II SSD's in Raid 0 gave me 7.9 on the hard drive one. My gtx570 was 7.8, so I'm sure a 580 is 7.9.

My 570 gives me 7.9, must be more mhz or just the updated drivers. And my SATA III gives 7.9. But once again, doesn't matter.

Last edited:

87dtna

Yeah I had mine they day they came out. Or maybe it was at stock with a 7.8? I don't really remember that was months ago.

My patriot pyro sata 3 gives me 7.8. My two vertex II's in raid 0 was only a hair faster than my patriot drive.

Okedokey

:eek:
Yeah I had mine they day they came out. Or maybe it was at stock with a 7.8? I don't really remember that was months ago.

My patriot pyro sata 3 gives me 7.8. My two vertex II's in raid 0 was only a hair faster than my patriot drive.

87, if you have all these parts, why do you insist on using such a POS computer?

87dtna

POS? My current PC can pretty much play any game at 1080p. My I5 2300 is at 3.4ghz, which is as good as a Phenom II quad at 4ghz if not still better.

I don't HAVE all these parts, I've HAD all these parts. I used them for benching, and then sold them off because I don't need that kind of power on a daily basis for the games I play and what I do with my PC. I've also owned an SS phase, 3 different LN2 pots, and 2 water cooling setups.

And most of the reason I change my hardware so much, is because I just get bored. Hell, I've had 2 intel hex cores and 5870 Xfire, but why would I run that on a daily basis and use 300 more watts of electricity when my current PC has the same results/speed for the tasks I do.

I sold off my Mini ITX 2500k setup just because I wanted to try socket FM1. I built an athlon II 631 and A8-3850 with an ASrock A75-pro4m and gigabyte A75m-UD2H. Why? Just for the fun of it and to get to know FM1. And also so I gain more real world experience so I can give properly educated advice...unlike you who only reads about something and thinks you know everything.

Last edited:

Darkserge

Mine score is
Intel Core 2 Duo E8600 @3333MHz 7.0
4 GB DDR2-SDRAM 1066 Mhz 7.0
Radeon HD 4870 512MB 7.5
Radeon HD 4870 512MB 7.5
Western Digital WD2500KS-00MJB0 ATA Device (250GB) 5.4

Okedokey

how is an i5 2300 and a gtx460 part of a POS compu?
i think his compu will do everything yours does, but cheaper/

A 460 wont play BF3 on ultra on my resolution.

It wasn't meant to be an insult, rather me trying to understand why someone would by hundreds of graphics cards (as claimed in other posts) and all the other gear to sell it on (presumably at a lower price = loss of money) and not use even a better GPU. A 460 gets toasted in modern games at 1920 x 1080 on full. It was simply a question to try and work out why you would sell the 460, keep the 570 for example? Massive improvement.

87dtna

I don't care about ultra, thats why. It doesn't look any different to me than high, which with my 460 at 900 core clock plays it just fine. At 900 core clock and 2100 memory a gtx460 is close to gtx560 Ti stock power. 460's are extremely underrated because of their low stock clocks, but they overclock like crazy. All a gtx560 is is an overclocked 460....and a 560 Ti has 48 more SP's but their stock clock is 820.

Last edited: