why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

Okedokey

All good mate, as long as you're happy :) *inferiority complex alert maximum*

Last edited:

jonnyp11

But do you actually get what he was saying by that? He was saying they were acting like kids pulling their stuff out to show off and trying to reason after defeat, in this of course, Spesh was like the one (not racist but stereotypical) black guy against whities.

Last edited:

Jiniix

My rig hits 7.9 on all scores. You can see the specs in the signature. According to Microsoft, you can't get better than me.

spirit

Staff member
Jiniix said:
According to Microsoft, you can't get better than me.
...and this just proves why WEI is so irrelevant. Your system is very good, but definitely not the fastest in the world. I could have a 3960X, that would outperform your 2600K, I could have a 6990 or two 6990s in Quad CrossFire, that would outperform your 6950, I could have 2000MHz 16GB DDR3 RAM, that would outperform your RAM, and I'd get 7.9 too. So even though my system would be faster than your's, we'd still get the same score, see where I'm coming from?

spirit

Staff member
Usually overclocked 2500Ks and 2600Ks @ ~4.5-4.8GHz 'only' get 7.8 as well? I heard it was very hard to get 7.9 on CPU with the WEI. I think one of the only CPUs that can get it is the i7 3960X I believe?

spirit

Staff member
I think the 990X did score 7.9 but I can't remember. Vista's Experience Index was so much easier to get top score on, all you needed was a Q6600, 4GB DDR2 800MHz RAM, a 9800 GT, and a 7200RPM HDD and there you had it, top score. With Windows 7 it's a lot harder...

G80FTW

WEI is almost the most useless benchmark in the world. Tells you virtually nothing about how good your computer is.