why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

xxmorpheus

Its a dumb argument, my subscore is 7.5 and my machine would probably smash anything on this forum. Its a guide only.

LoL..... for the sake of "smashing", i had to reply. Your saying your pc is the fastest in the forum? Faster than my core i7 2700k and dual 6990's??? Thats a broad statement friend ^_^

M1kkelZR

LoL..... for the sake of "smashing", i had to reply. Your saying your pc is the fastest in the forum? Faster than my core i7 2700k and dual 6990's??? Thats a broad statement friend ^_^

This +1

also love your background in the pic listed in your sig, Asus RoG ftw! haha

Laquer Head

No way...my c*** is bigger....:cool:

I'll see you all at the bike racks after school and we'll see whos fastest..:D

Motorcharge

4.5 due to on board graphics, 7.2 otherwise.

The biggest problem with the overall score is it factors by your lowest number, not the average.

87dtna

Yes I think we all agree he's a legend in his own mind.

Okedokey

It is and thats exactly what it was meant to be, a broad statement. Meaning that the Windows sub score thing doesn't mean much. However of course there will be faster computers, but in your case, a 2700K is identical (when overclocked) to a 2600K and 6990s in CF are so retarded due to poor driver support. In fact they have some of the worst scaling ever, so on paper, your machine (btw very nice) should be seriously fast, but in practice, the driver support for quad crossfire is lame at best. I am yet to see a game that benefits over a a pair of 6970s which is cooler, cheaper and faster. And given the fact that GTX580s are faster than that.. .

(Compared to HD6990 in quad CF) A pair of Radeon HD 6970s sacrifices nothing except space in your case. That combo is faster, quieter, and more effective at dealing with heat. A pair of GeForce GTX 570s would be a great alternative, too. You give up a bit of speed in some situations, but they’re even quieter than the 6970s.

Skip the Radeon HD 6990 altogether and take advantage of fantastic CrossFire and SLI scaling using more elegant single-GPU cards.
Here

But yeah, if you have massive monitor resolutions, multi gpus are a great options, just not the HD6990s - they're woeful.

Last edited:

87dtna

Well, 6990+6970 is the best option. Trifire scaling is much better, and easliy beats gtx580 SLI.
If he disables one of the GPU's for trifire, his PC is ultimately stronger than yours.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/11/amd_radeon_69906970_crossfirex_trifire_review/5

So, once again, your PC does not ''smash'' everything on this forum.

AND for the love of God don't bring up bang for the buck again. When you make the blanket statement that your PC will smash everything on the forum, that has NOTHING to do with how much you spent on it.

M1kkelZR

Well, 6990+6970 is the best option. Trifire scaling is much better, and easliy beats gtx580 SLI.
If he disables one of the GPU's for trifire, his PC is ultimately stronger than yours.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/04/11/amd_radeon_69906970_crossfirex_trifire_review/5

So, once again, your PC does not ''smash'' everything on this forum.

AND for the love of God don't bring up bang for the buck again. When you make the blanket statement that your PC will smash everything on the forum, that has NOTHING to do with how much you spent on it.

this. +1.

because the build im making will cost a total of maybe $150 and will still perform extremely well. so i dont think the amount of money you spent on a build doesnt count, its the way you use the money for the components, not just plainly get all the best stuff and regret buying it later.

Okedokey

this. +1.

because the build im making will cost a total of maybe $150 and will still perform extremely well. so i dont think the amount of money you spent on a build doesnt count, its the way you use the money for the components, not just plainly get all the best stuff and regret buying it later.

For $150 you will be struggling.

Secondly, I didn't read that he has disabled a core, so until then, i haven't seen a system that does 87. :eek: Thirdly i don't remember bringing up bang for buck at all? And also, doesn't the mere idea of disabling half your $1000 GPU to make it beat something half the cost just sound retarded? Its because its a joke. The HD6990s in quad CF is utterly a dumb idea.

Ill agree though, the 6970 and 6990 in trifire is nice, if you can get it to work in a game.

Nevertheless, that wasn't my point, my point is that the subscore in Windows means jack all.

Last edited:

M1kkelZR

For $150 you will be struggling.

Secondly, I didn't read that he has disabled a core, so until then, i haven't seen a system that does 87. :eek: Thirdly i don't remember bringing up bang for buck at all? And also, doesn't the mere idea of disabling half your $1000 GPU to make it beat something half the cost just sound retarded? Its because its a joke. The HD6990s in quad CF is utterly a dumb idea.

Ill agree though, the 6970 and 6990 in trifire is nice, if you can get it to work in a game.

Nevertheless, that wasn't my point, my point is that the subscore in Windows means jack all.

i wont struggle with a budget of 150$. i can get a nice x4 940 for 50 and still need 4gb more ram and a new gpu. total cost of thise would crank it up to 100$ and my mobo was 35$, PSU was free.

Okedokey

Post the specs on this bad boy for $150, and it wont, no matter what "perform extremely well'. LOL

M1kkelZR

Asus Crosshair 2 Formula
AMD Phenom 2 X4 940 BE
4GB G.Skill DDR2 1066
Sapphire Radeon HD3870
NexusTek RX-7000 700W
7200RPM 320gb WD

not much but will get me a nice FPS on cod. now before you ran that im using a Radeon card on a SLI ready mobo, i am going to upgrade the card to a double 550TI for SLI. this gpu im getting is my friends and he needs to get rid of it and i need a temporary one.