why is my Win7 Subscore so low?

Spesh

Once you've had 2560x1600 it's simply horrible going back to anything smaller.

@ Aastii, I don't mean any disrespect, but you're obviously not an enthusiast. However, as a moderator on a computer forum, I would expect you to have some degree of tolerance towards those that are.

Last edited:

Perkomate

1280x1024 is good because it means I can still run everything on the highest setting there is. The only problem is that when I open up a few tabs, I run out of screen space. Same as if I open too many programs, the taskbar fills up.
One day, i'll have enough money to buy a GPU, PSU and a nice, phat monitor.
One of these days.

Aastii

VIP Member
Once you've had 2560x1600 it's simply horrible going back to anything smaller.

@ Aastii, I don't mean any disrespect, but you're obviously not an enthusiast. However, as a moderator on a computer forum, I would expect you to have some degree of tolerance towards those that are.

I have used high resolutions, it doesn't take away from the experience for me at all going back

I have no problem with anyone that feels the need to splash out on their system, fair play to them, it is their money, if that is how they choose to spend it, good for them. My point was that you can sit their and say you have spent more money on your system than a small car is worth, but it won't do anything mine can't, even with it costing far less

Spesh

My point was that you can sit their and say you have spent more money on your system than a small car is worth, but it won't do anything mine can't, even with it costing far less

Well that's completely wrong, but anyway.

It's like saying people who buy exotic cars are stupid, because a cheap car would also get them from A-B. True, but it's not exactly the same is it? There is always going to be someone in the world with more disposable income than you and therefore, the way they value money will be different to that of your own.

It's just people living by their own means.

EDIT: Also, nowhere at all had I mentioned money until now.

Last edited:

StrangleHold

Staff member

It's like saying people who buy exotic cars are stupid, because a cheap car would also get them from A-B. True, but it's not exactly the same is it?

I agree with Aastii to a point. You just down graded his statement to fit your view. He has far from what you would call a cheap car. Say I buy a Corvette and someone buys a Ferrari. Sure the Ferrari out performs the Corvette, but for the 250,000 price difference you get ripped off not matter how you try to equal it out. Doesnt matter if you have the money
to buy it or not. You paid 250,000 more then he did for 40 more MPH and a little better cornering. So the price difference doesnt equal out, even if you have the extra money to buy it. Its nothing but look at me syndrome.

Spesh

I agree with Aastii to a point. You just down graded his statement to fit your view. He has far from what you would call a cheap car. Say I buy a Corvette and someone buys a Ferrari. Sure the Ferrari out performs the Corvette, but for the 250,000 price difference you get ripped off not matter how you try to equal it out. Doesnt matter if you have the money
to buy it or not. You paid 250,000 more then he did for 40 more MPH and a little better cornering. So the price difference doesnt equal out, even if you have the extra money to buy it. Its nothing but look at me syndrome.

You can't compare a Ferrari to a Corvette. It's not just about the way a car performs, it's all to the way driving a Ferrari makes you feel and the way it drives.

Your argument is based on people buying only things that they need rather than things they desire. If Aasti neither needs nor desires a faster computer, or a bigger monitor then good for him. But, inevitably there will always be hobbyists/enthusiasts that are happy to pay the price premiums for top end equipment, regardless of whether or not they actually need it. I just don't understand what he intended to achieve by posting in this thread the way he did.

He has made some pretty absurd claims aswell.

jonnyp11

Not really, maybe the way you took them to mean yes, but how he meant them not so much. For his purposes his computer will do just as good as your computer only at a lower resolution, which he doesn't care too much about, games still look good at 1280x1024, and since your not playing them at it then what does it matter to you?

87dtna

VincesNuts1.jpg

StrangleHold

Staff member
You can't compare a Ferrari to a Corvette. It's not just about the way a car performs, it's all to the way driving a Ferrari makes you feel and the way it drives.

Your argument is based on people buying only things that they need rather than things they desire. If Aasti neither needs nor desires a faster computer, or a bigger monitor then good for him. But, inevitably there will always be hobbyists/enthusiasts that are happy to pay the price premiums for top end equipment, regardless of whether or not they actually need it. I just don't understand what he intended to achieve by posting in this thread the way he did.

You did the same thing to my post as you did to Aastii post. By twisting what people say to fit your view point. Yes you can compare a Corvette to a Ferrari. Plus nobody really needs a Corvette either. Money vs. performance the Ferrari loses every time. Just because you pay the extra large amount for the Ferrari doesnt doesnt mean your getting the same amount of peformance difference. The same applies to computers. Just because you use the words (there will always be hobbyists/enthusiasts that are happy to pay the price premiums), thats true. But it doesnt mean your getting a massive amount of performance difference between the cars (computers) that your paying for.

There is nothing wrong with having a Ferrari or a Enthusiasts computer. But it doesnt mean that the mid to upper mid range computer or Corvette is by any means slow even vs. the Enthusiasts computer or Ferrari. For the large amount of money difference.

As far as why he even posted in this thread. The thread is about why the OP windows score was low, so whats any of this about the OP/Thread question?

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member

It's like saying people who buy exotic cars are stupid, because a cheap car would also get them from A-B. True, but it's not exactly the same is it? There is always going to be someone in the world with more disposable income than you and therefore, the way they value money will be different to that of your own.

It's just people living by their own means.

EDIT: Also, nowhere at all had I mentioned money until now.

Well yes it is the same. In a game, it is like being on a road with a 30MPH limit. You can keep your sports car, my Fiat Panda costing 200k less will do the same that yours does. So you get to 30 a second quicker, but you are still getting the same thing I do.

lol, really?

Yes, really. Yours may do things faster in synthetic benches or in tasks that aren't done daily (extraction and compressions and the such), but for everything I do, mine does it just as well as yours

This

So with the computer doing everything that a "lesser" system would, at just the same rate, makes you feel better because you can look at the computer and know that it cost more and consumes more power?

Guys, the thread started out asking about the scores. The OP was told the correct information then it turned into a benching test and a look what I have. In future, I won't make throw away comments about how my system compares to yours, I'll leave it to you "enthusiasts"

87dtna

So with the computer doing everything that a "lesser" system would, at just the same rate, makes you feel better because you can look at the computer and know that it cost more and consumes more power?

Same rate? What are you smoking?

Consumes more power? Intel consumes less power and pwns AMD across the board on everything.

You are delusional.

Looks pretty damn lopsided to me, sometimes taking less than half the time to do a task-

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/363?vs=83

I'll make the comment I've made many times before, unless you've tried it you can't critisize it. If you've never owned sandy bridge, you have no a clue what you are missing. EVERYTHING is faster, down to the milliseconds that actually make a difference like things like opening an internet window and loading to the home page. With AMD, even with a hex core at 4ghz which I've owned, and even with the same SSD I have now, there's a slight delay. With intel, it's instant. Like I said, milliseconds of difference but it's just one example of hundreds. Maps load faster on intel with games as well.

And so what if you don't do these things everyday! If I compress a 300mb file I'd rather it take 1 minute instead of 2.

So, if you don't care about waiting those extra few seconds or minutes to do stuff, good for you. But they all add up. But don't for one second think that your mighty 3 core AMD does everything ''at the same rate'' as a sandy bridge quad. Thats just nonsense and like I said, delusional.

Last edited:

jonnyp11

i believe his point was for everyday things like web surfing and things like that it will be just as quick, and i don't think there would be much of a difference between your 2 using chrome or whatever, on this its super fast, so with either of those it should be next to instant, and in this case your internet would be the bottleneck and probably cause almost all the difference.

87dtna

Re-read my post I explained that. I use the same browser with both AMD and intel, and with intel it opens faster. Yes it's only a few milliseconds like I said, but *everything* is snappier with intel. And OMG for like the last time thats ONE example out of tons.

Just because you AMD fanboys want to feel better about what you have.....sigh.....I've built 2 dozen setups of each and I can tell you Intel PWNS amd in everything....thats an unbiased (to start) conclusion based off real world experiences with many builds of each.

Hell, I SOLD my 2500k rig to build a socket FM1 rig....how much more unbiased could I be? And you know what, intel pwns FM1 stuff too. The only thing AMD got better with FM1 is the memory controllers and onboard video (which still isn't strong enough to play modern games anyway), other than that they suck.

Last edited:

claptonman

Being an enthusiast and wanting the fast computer is fine. Great. If I had the money, I would do it to.

But I wouldn't do is go on a forum and say things like, "I will pwn you all!"

Childish.

87dtna

I agree, but the same goes to the delusional comment of ''my PC will do everything yours will at the same rate''.