Why not to get vista!!

Langers2k7

SK you speak a lot of sense in your posts but if these guys mean nothing to you and you're only here for research purposes, why not leave the thread and get on with your research?

I just switched to Vista and it rocks - considering a RAM upgrade... Which will mean I'll need a new MoBo... Any suggestions?

SirKenin

banned
Bah! What ever, I can't be bothered any more!

Vista is good, XP is good, Mac is good... It's opinion. :cool:

Well, Kornowski, it's like this. Let me try and give it some perspective. I'm not trying to insult you or anything, just trying to get us on the same page.

First.. Proving something. I'll explain why it came across as illogical to me. To feel the need to prove something, one would logically have to assess that there would be a benefit in doing so, and that the cost would be worth the benefit.

You and I are nobodies. Yeah, you might have a small circle of influence, but you're a nobody in the grand scheme of things. The same holds true for me. There's no benefit in proving anything to you, PCeye, Intelcrazy or anyone. The cost is high, particularly in time lost, and there's nothing to gain in return. A little clout on a message board maybe? Big deal. At the end of the day, a message board doesn't matter a damn.

So get over yourself.

Second, I aspire to success. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm working my butt off to get there, and it's happening. Whether some teenager on the other side of the globe sees that, or some blubbering old fool in his basement in a different country sees that, is immaterial.

What matters is that I see that. That the people I work with and work for see that.

Success has nothing to prove. Success is what it is and I am what I am. People that are successful know success when they see it. You, Kornowski, are not successful. Imsati is not successful (in business anyways). PCeye is not successful. And ultimately, I only want to be in intimate conversation with those that are. The reason is that there's a lot to learn from them and it helps me achieve my end goal.

My goal is success in my business. Even my girlfriend takes second place to that and she knows it.

Now hopefully you know why what you said makes no sense to me. I work hard, I don't kiss butt and I pay my own way.

I state on a message board "this is my experience" to which some bumbling old fool breaks in with raucous comments, calling me a liar, stating I started at 14 and bashing Commodores. Can you see just how utterly stupid and ridiculous that is? I don't have time for fools anymore. Yes, I've spent more time than I should have in the past confronting idiots like that, but that time has come and gone for the most part. All it did was detract me from my end goal... Provided a distraction. In the end he's a waste of time, energy and finger effort.

Sharing my experience with WD and some immature little brat comes up and takes it as a personal attack, slamming me for attacking him, PCeye and others. The absurd thing was that he really thought I cared. I don't. Sorry. I shared that with people in hopes that they could learn something from it. The smart ones will. The fools will take it as an attack. Again, it's immaterial.

There is nothing to prove. You contribute absolutely nothing to my bottom line, same with PCeye, same with Intelcrazy, same with Imsati, same with others. The mature ones, the successful ones. They know. They understand. They speak less, listen more. Those are the people I generally associate with. They have wisdom. Some raucous old fool bragging about post counts isn't worth the wasted time reading their contribution.

I hope that makes sense. Success allows you to determine your own path. Who you associate with, who you date, what you buy, who you work for. Failure relegates you to attacking it in a forum.

Which would you rather emulate? Which would you rather aspire to?

A discussion, such as this, is not a "debate", it's not a "war", there are no "winners". When you think like that you become a babbling fool and you learn nothing. Even if you win, you're still retarded.

In the future, rather than making assumptions, ask questions. You'll get much further ahead.... And if that makes no sense to you then there's not much more I can say.

Langers2k7

Success has nothing to prove. Success is what it is and I am what I am. People that are successful know success when they see it. You, Kornowski, are not successful. Imsati is not successful (in business anyways). PCeye is not successful. And ultimately, I only want to be in intimate conversation with those that are. The reason is that there's a lot to learn from them and it helps me achieve my end goal.

Success is relative. Relative to the individual and their past experiences. Whereas you yourself may only recognise business as success, others on this forum have their own different ideas of success - and you don't seem to be able to understand that.

By the way I'm 15, and I hope to have a business as successful as yours some day.

SirKenin

banned
Success is relative. Relative to the individual and their past experiences. Whereas you yourself may only recognise business as success, others on this forum have their own different ideas of success - and you don't seem to be able to understand that.

Excellent point. It's not that I don't see it, either. It's that a successful person (in whatever venue that person measures success) does not bash someone else for stating theirs, nor does a successful person take such statements as personal attacks. Therefore, in that regard and to that end, none of those people are successful.

Well stated, by the way.

Last edited:

GameMaster

A successfull man is a man that is satisfied with himself/herself, whether he earns a lot of money or not...Self confidence is the key, and also the success depends on possibilities... Why are you discussing who's the most successfull here, there's absolutely no point there.

Kornowski

VIP Member
You, Kornowski, are not successful.

How do you know this, can you prove it? For all you know, I could be your biggest rival company... You just don't know...

My goal is success in my business. Even my girlfriend takes second place to that and she knows it.

That's like saying you'd rather have money than friends... That really isn't a good way to look at life!

I'd have thought you'd know that, considering I do and you're twice my age...

TFT

VIP Member
Quotes from another Forum Sirkenin:p You know, the one you were banned from for being rude to the members. Just as you are here.

So where is your apology to our new member who was so rudely treated and unnecessarily insulted?

We've had to deal with your crap before SirKenin! This isn't the first time your posts have made this site look bad. I don't know who you think you are, but we don't tolerate this crap here. This will be your final warning!

You got it bucko! We don't need you here!

Consider yourself gone!

SirKenin

banned
That's like saying you'd rather have money than friends... That really isn't a good way to look at life!

I'd have thought you'd know that, considering I do and you're twice my age...

It used to be that I thought the same way, actually. Until something occured to me, a "paradigm shift". If you're no good to yourself, you can't be good to anyone else either.

When you are successful, everything else follows. It's not really an easy mindset to get into, one I struggled with for a long time. When you're successful, you control your own destiny. When you're successful, you can provide not only for yourself, but for others.

If you want a good wife, for example, ideally you should be successful. If you're a failure, you won't keep her long, unless she's a failure herself... and do you really want a failure for a partner?

Thus, because I love my partner, I strive to succeed so I can bring her everything she deserves.

And the reason I know you're not successful is the way you've come across in this thread. That's all. I know how successful people act and react. :)

vonfeldt7

A successfull man is a man that is satisfied with himself/herself, whether he earns a lot of money or not...Self confidence is the key, and also the success depends on possibilities... Why are you discussing who's the most successfull here, there's absolutely no point there.

Idk about all of this...it's true to an extent, but in the end it just reminds of the crap that my school tells me...."At least you tried! A for effort!"

Kornowski

VIP Member
It used to be that I thought the same way, actually. Until something occured to me, a "paradigm shift". If you're no good to yourself, you can't be good to anyone else either.

When you are successful, everything else follows. It's not really an easy mindset to get into, one I struggled with for a long time. When you're successful, you control your own destiny. When you're successful, you can provide not only for yourself, but for others.

If you want a good wife, for example, ideally you should be successful. If you're a failure, you won't keep her long, unless she's a failure herself... and do you really want a failure for a partner?

Thus, because I love my partner, I strive to succeed so I can bring her everything she deserves.

And the reason I know you're not successful is the way you've come across in this thread. That's all. I know how successful people act and react. :)

I'm not a success because I found this thread!? Wait a minute, you're in it too! lol :rolleyes:

TFT

VIP Member
and here's another quote from the forum that banned SIRKENIN for rudeness to its members as he is doing here

I hardly think your post qualifies as an apology. You made some sarcastic and rude remarks in that same post and then went on to disrespect a Moderator.

You can take your attitude somewhere else.

fortyways

banned
I'm not a success because I found this thread!? Wait a minute, you're in it too! lol :rolleyes:

He didn't say that, he said because of the way you come across in this thread, i.e. the way you've presented yourself.

A reading comprehension test should be a requirement for Internet usage.

Oh by the way guys, I saw a video on YouTube and it looks like 70% of all programs aren't compatible with Vista including a "screen capture" program which I need because I cannot find my print screen button on my keyboard.

So I'm not getting Vista.

Last edited:

tlarkin

VIP Member
Vista sucks, and it offers NO performance or feature increase to justify an upgrade over windows XP, unless you really just like wasting money.

The enhanced UI does not run faster than explorer in XP

MS feature limited their OS and marketed so people would want the ultimate, and I bet 99% of people who are only home users that purchased ultimate just wasted money. They think it runs faster, but its the same ********* OS!

All new features in Vista are to annoy you with security messages, help figure out why your windows machine crashes, network access protection (NAP - google it), A good way to eat up a bunch of RAM and really make the OS run sluggish, and yes I ran Vista Business and Vista Ultimate on a rig that was way higher than the required specs, with 3 gigs of RAM and it still ran like ass.

DX10 actually lowers your FPS in gaming - wow what an awesome feature! Also to add fuel to the fire, in a lot of side by side comparisons, it doesn't even look better than DX9. In some cases it does look better.

So, you have an OS bundled with tons of features that no end users would ever really even use, let alone understand how to use and people just buy it and say its great no crashes!. I only surf the web and play video games! That represents a small percentage of computer users. You start supporting thousands of computers and load vista on a few to test it out, and see a plethora of problems off the bat, you know its crap.

Not to mention Microsoft has given everyone this false perception that ALL operating systems are crap until the first service pack, which has been true with MS, so I can see where that logic is. When looking at other OSes in comparison like OS X, for example, you can clearly see that 10.5 was released in October, and Apple has already updated it to 10.5.2 to get rid of all the initial bugs, and it took MS a year to bust out SP 1? Most OS bugs are fixed with in the first few months with just about every other operating system out there.

If any of you ever start to develop applications for windows, and then switch over to Linux/Unix/OS X you will clearly see the superiority of those operating systems from a developers point of view.

As for the A+ certification I totally disagree with it being a waste. You have to start out somewhere. You have to get a job and work your way to the top and having the A+ would at least give your employer the knowledge that you are making an effort to better yourself. I hold tons of certs, but ultimately they mean nothing, experience in the job world is king. I have met people that can spout off all day about how good they are and about how awesome they know technology, yet can't use deductive logic and narrow down problems at all.

Vista also lacks all these promises that it was suppose to have. EFI support is a major let down. Also, for those of you who try to tell me this is not a big deal, just like intel did in another thread, google EFI - Extensible Firmware Interface. It will be the next big thing at the hardware level, making everything better and actually for once developing true plug n play hardware.

MS has crappy project management so they had to drop a laundry list of features out of Vista. Which just goes to show you it was released to compete with Leopard and is a half ass windows ME like product. Vienna will hopefully be better.

vonfeldt7

Vista sucks, and it offers NO performance or feature increase to justify an upgrade over windows XP, unless you really just like wasting money.
I wouldn't recommend Vista to someone who's already running XP either...however if you're building a new system, I don't see why not to upgrade to Vista...

A good way to eat up a bunch of RAM and really make the OS run sluggish, and yes I ran Vista Business and Vista Ultimate on a rig that was way higher than the required specs, with 3 gigs of RAM and it still ran like ass.
I'm running Home Prem. and don't notice any slowdown between it and XP. None. Athlon X2 5000+ and 2GB DDR2 @ 667MHz.

DX10 actually lowers your FPS in gaming - wow what an awesome feature! Also to add fuel to the fire, in a lot of side by side comparisons, it doesn't even look better than DX9. In some cases it does look better.
I agree here.

Not to mention Microsoft has given everyone this false perception that ALL operating systems are crap until the first service pack, which has been true with MS, so I can see where that logic is.
I don't even see why Vista needs SP1. Mine runs fine. It's not slow, every program I've used with it works, and it's stable. (Maybe I'm lucky?)

Vienna will hopefully be better.
I've heard that they're completely building Vienna. This is good and bad, obviously nothing will be compatible with it, but on the plus side, they will get rid of old libraries of code from their older OS's. I've also heard that they may release to versions, one that's completely rebuilt, and one that contains the old libraries of code. Who knows, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Last edited:

patrickv

Oh by the way guys, I saw a video on YouTube and it looks like 70% of all programs aren't compatible with Vista including a "screen capture" program which I need because I cannot find my print screen button on my keyboard.

and there's more, don't let me mention their names !!

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
Why isn't this thread locked, its pointless.

I'm not pointing anyone out, but theres always 3 members that join these threads and start the vista bashing. Its impossible to create a thread without these particular members jumping in and starting arguments because someone may recommend vista to one another. Its pathetic :rolleyes:

The sad thing is, most people that say it sucks, have never even used it. Or only used it for a week or so..

So get over yourself.

It looks like you need to get over yourself.

Last edited:

patrickv

Why isn't this thread locked, its pointless.
yeah i said the same thing a while back

Its impossible to create a thread without these particular members jumping in and starting arguments because someone may recommend vista to one another. Its pathetic :rolleyes:
yeah i agree, but don't you think it's the same for Mac ? why are they bashing Mac once a thread is Made ?
a thread labelled VISTA will always be a war

The sad thing is, most people that say it sucks, have never even used it. Or only used it for a week or so..

you're very wrong my friend, i switched back to xp and i had my reasons