• Yes: Im upgrading from Linux > Windows 7

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes: Im upgrading from 'Other' > Windows 7

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • No. I will not be upgrading.

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • I will be upgrading in the future.

Votes: 8 17.0%
  • I am happy with my OS, Why should i upgrade?

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Total voters

Bodaggit23

I wish MS made Windows 7 a lot eaiser to do a clean install from the upgrade dvd. :eek:

How much easier does it get?

Just put the disc in while you're running your current version of Windows and run the installer.

Choose Custom (advanced) install, select your current Windows partition, Format, Next, etc.

That's hard?

Machin3

Not a chance in hell am i getting 7. Vista is bad enough.

Your not going to get it? It's actually pretty good. It's on the same level if not better than Windows XP. Microsoft said that they are trying to get everyone to change to Windows 7 and their gonna try and wipe vista off.

bomberboysk

I was able to put Full Win7 Ultimate DVD onto a machine with Win7 RC. (Ultimate) and chose the upgrade option--it 'upgraded' and kept everything.

I had been under the impression this was not doable--yet it worked!!

So I was excited!,,maybe I was wrong and this is just normal..either way that kicked ass!

For shits and giggles I tried to do 'upgrade' option with Pro version DVD and it required full reformat!!. (told me I couldn't upgrade Ultimate (RC) to Full dvd (Professional)..all copies were/are 64-bit)
MS confirmed awhile back you need to have XP, Vista, or 7 RC1 to upgrade.

mac550

Your not going to get it? It's actually pretty good. It's on the same level if not better than Windows XP. Microsoft said that they are trying to get everyone to change to Windows 7 and their gonna try and wipe vista off.

Nope. tryed the beta and hated it. i only got vista for DX10 and since DX11 wont be out untill windows 8 then i see no point in getting 7. i just dont wanna spend like £160 on a DVD that is worse and with less programs on then vista.
And sorry id have to disagree with your point of 7 being on the same level as XP. XP was the best OS that M$ has ever done. its the fastest, uses little resources (compared to vista/7) doesn't ask you "are you sure" all the f****** time and the list goes on.
Bottom line is that i wont be getting win7 or win8 unless M$ think about what they are doing and change the give users more choice and allow users to do what ever they want instead of ordering people about.

bomberboysk

Nope. tryed the beta and hated it. i only got vista for DX10 and since DX11 wont be out untill windows 8 then i see no point in getting 7. i just dont wanna spend like £160 on a DVD that is worse and with less programs on then vista.
And sorry id have to disagree with your point of 7 being on the same level as XP. XP was the best OS that M$ has ever done. its the fastest, uses little resources (compared to vista/7) doesn't ask you "are you sure" all the f****** time and the list goes on.
Bottom line is that i wont be getting win7 or win8 unless M$ think about what they are doing and change the give users more choice and allow users to do what ever they want instead of ordering people about.
Windows 7 is DX11 already...... and actually afaik windows vista will be getting DX11. Second, the beta was crap at best, the RC was far better and RTM/Retail is amazing.

Laquer Head

Windows 7 is DX11 already...... and actually afaik windows vista will be getting DX11. Second, the beta was crap at best, the RC was far better and RTM/Retail is amazing.

Exactly..

and as for the UAC asking you 'are you sure' all the time, you do know that you can turn it off right??

I nearly forgot about it cause its been off since I used vista back in 2007!!

LOL

Bodaggit23

That's how I plan to upgrade, inside my RC1 install. Then I'll finally delete my Vista partition and extend the space to 7. That will be nice. :)

Technically, you won't be able to upgrade from "inside" the RC, but you can definitely upgrade from it.

You'll have to boot from the disc, Custom (advanced) install, select partition, Format, Next.

This will backup your data into a WINDOWS.OLD folder, format the partition, and clean install your new version. :good:

Also, I have no reason to upgrade because I love Vista x64 so I have no justification to upgrade.

Kosh

yeah i think i will lol.

012.jpg

Kosh

At that point it would have been easier to do like i did and get technet:p

you may be right! well the 2 pro copies were pre-ordered month's ago.the 3 license pack i got yesterday at wal mart.so the other 2 were'nt really planned just happened.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
XP Pro to 7 Pro.

XP has been giving me so many problems lately and I've reinstalled it so many times that I'm sick of dealing with it anymore.

OvenMaster

VIP Member
No upgrade for me. Using XP Home SP3. There are no 7 drivers for my sound card, video card, chipset, printer, etc.