windows 8

and info on windows 8? new features, when it will be released? how much better it will be? and also will apple ever make their OS available to PC owners

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
lol why 98?

This might sound strange and stupid,but here is why xD:

-Takes about 400 MB of HDD space (hehehe)...
-Loads super fast (because there is nothing to load xD)...
-More problems which I need to solve in order to make something work (I am weird guy I admit)...
-I like the way they look like (believe it or not)...
-Not so many options that can be configured (lol)...
-You do not need 1000 GB of RAM in order for it to EVEN work (yes I have 512 MB DDR1 RAM lol)...
-And I love programming programs in .NET 1.0 for Win 98,which are of course supported on ALL other Windows (call me crazy =D )...

So in short...Windows 98 FUC!!NG RULES!!! :D

If anyone else says contrary...I will cut your head off! :D

I use 98 and XP all the time.I doubt I will EVER switch to anything higher than 98 and XP.I just don't like VIsta and Win7.I mean they are both great,but Win 98 and XP are still better to me and I can do ANYTHING on them.I use Win 98 most of the time as I do right now to write this =D

"Cheers!" - Written using PS2 keyboard on Windows 98 :D

-More problems which I need to solve in order to make something work (I am weird guy I admit)...
-You do not need 1000 GB of RAM in order for it to EVEN work (yes I have 512 MB DDR1 RAM lol)...
-And I love programming programs in .NET 1.0 for Win 98,which are of course supported on ALL other Windows (call me crazy =D )...

I use 98 and XP all the time.I doubt I will EVER switch to anything higher than 98 and XP.I just don't like VIsta and Win7.I mean they are both great,but Win 98 and XP are still better to me and I can do ANYTHING on them.I use Win 98 most of the time as I do right now to write this =D

lol im on windows 7 :p atleast its better then vista

paulcheung

Does win 98 support sata drives? and ide drives over 128gb?:D
Don't laugh, I still use MS DOS 6.22 on floppy with Novell 4 server from 15 year ago.

DMGrier

VIP Member
I remember using Windows 98 on my CTX.

Windows 7 is by far the best MS has had to offer as far as performance and security but I am looking forward to windows 8, especially how MS is finally doing the thing I have been saying for years and that is offering full intergration between the OS, xbox, Windows mobile and Zune. They have been slowely intergrating with 7, the xbox 360, windows mobile and zune but it could be better.

MrSleepin

does windows 98 support anything (software/hardware) from this day in age?

i would imagine you are extremely limited to what you can do on your 98 computer

i have 2 computers with xp, 1 with vista and 2 with win7

and i can honestly say, i love win7

does windows 98 support anything (software/hardware) from this day in age?

i would imagine you are extremely limited to what you can do on your 98 computer

i have 2 computers with xp, 1 with vista and 2 with win7

and i can honestly say, i love win7
i want 5 computers lmao

Hsv_Man

I use 98 and XP all the time.I doubt I will EVER switch to anything higher than 98 and XP.

I am a big fan of Windows 98 and Windows XP (especially this) they are great Operating Systems truly reliable and if anything was to go wrong it is an easy fix. Another thing that was great about these Operating Systems was any program would work on them (there was no need for compatibility mode back then). I especially loved the simplicity and reliability of Windows XP hence why I have it dual-booted on a seperate hard drive to Win 7.

Windows 8 i'm not sure if i like it yet i've seen a few youtube videos released by microsoft and it seems quite different i'd say I will be sticking to XP and Win 7 for a long time yet.

Lol great work nice one.

Last edited:

spirit

Staff member
Windows 7 is my favourite but I like Vista and XPx64 but I'm not sure about the 'tiles' UI in Windows 8...

Hsv_Man

Windows 7 is my favourite but I like Vista and XPx64 but I'm not sure about the 'tiles' UI in Windows 8...

Windows Vista is actually not a bad OS now it's at SP2. The problem with Vista was with being released so early the bugs were endless. Now finally with SP2 all these bugs are fixed and Vista is finally a Stable OS from what i can see anyway. And yes the tiles is what I was getting at with windows 8 it seems a bit different.

but different can be good, i mean its not like people have much of a choice, its pretty much if you have a pc your using windows lol not many people use linux or anything well because most people buy their computers at a store and it already has windows on it, so i hope its not too bad

tremmor

I know two people that swear by the older programs. They have newer computers or at least a minimum of dual core. One uses Windows 98 2nd edition and the other will not change with 95 OSR2. Yes i like 7 Pro. Some people will not change. Some it is old school.