windows 8

spirit

Staff member
HsV_Man said:
Windows Vista is actually not a bad OS now it's at SP2. The problem with Vista was with being released so early the bugs were endless. Now finally with SP2 all these bugs are fixed and Vista is finally a Stable OS
Yeah it's working great for a friend of mine, not really had any troubles at all on SP2 and only minor ones if he does get the odd thing. Even though Windows 7 is my main OS on the i5 build, I use a whole ton of virtual machines as well, Vista Ultimate 64-bit being one of them, and I like it quite a lot. I'd say I prefer Vista to XP now on newer hardware, but on older hardware, XP is still the best.

I will agree about changes, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good. Going off topic a bit I know, but what did people think of the ribbon interface in Office 2007 when it first came out? I liked it, and preferred it to 2003, but I know some people didn't. That's just one example of Microsoft's changes.

djarvis1one

I remember using Windows 98 on my CTX.

Windows 7 is by far the best MS has had to offer as far as performance and security but I am looking forward to windows 8, especially how MS is finally doing the thing I have been saying for years and that is offering full intergration between the OS, xbox, Windows mobile and Zune. They have been slowely intergrating with 7, the xbox 360, windows mobile and zune but it could be better.

Don't mean to jack this thread, but...

I thought MS was dropping support for Zune as a separate platform and they were going to integrate it with the Windows phones? That was the only reason I bought an Ipod instead of having my Zune repaired.

Last edited:

dave1701

Don't mean to jack this thread, but...

I thought MS was dropping support for Zune as a separate platform and they were going to integrate it with the Windows phones? That was the only reason I bought an Ipod instead of having my Zune repaired.

I'd like to know too. I have a Zune HD, which I really like.

Do we really want to start this all over again? lol

Yes he is unfortunately.
what about the dishwasher guy? lol whats that about

Yeah it's working great for a friend of mine, not really had any troubles at all on SP2 and only minor ones if he does get the odd thing. Even though Windows 7 is my main OS on the i5 build, I use a whole ton of virtual machines as well, Vista Ultimate 64-bit being one of them, and I like it quite a lot. I'd say I prefer Vista to XP now on newer hardware, but on older hardware, XP is still the best.

I will agree about changes, sometimes it's good, sometimes it's not so good. Going off topic a bit I know, but what did people think of the ribbon interface in Office 2007 when it first came out? I liked it, and preferred it to 2003, but I know some people didn't. That's just one example of Microsoft's changes.
omg i absolutely hate that ribbon interface crap, one reason im not going to like windows 8

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
DISHWASHER GUY...wow I have a new nickname...cool! :D

Well I wash my super dirty computer parts in a diskwasher.Do you mind?! :D:D:D

Here is a simple mathematical operation:D:

23461995.jpg

+
56694887.jpg

=
68972397.jpg

Hehehehehe pretty simple ha? :D:D:D
I am crazy I admit:D:D:D

Believe it or not,I am writing this using that computer from those 3 images above right now lol.I also use that computer for programming,making programs ,using any other programs and playing any games on it at great FPS believe it or not lol.Everything works perfectly ^.^
Not to mention that the hardware is about 10 years old lol ^.^
If I now tell you how I clone my HDD and how I return the clone back to my HDD,you would think that I am crazier even more than you do now as you are reading this right now hehehe:D

Anyway now you know who the DISHWASHER GUY is :D

By the way I am using Windows 98 and XP on that computer.
And yes that IS my main computer lol.Who cares how it looks like.It's important that it works like charm lol.
I do not see all that water and all those parts and wires like you people do lol.

Cheers!

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
nice ship above the computer lol, is it wrong that i find that to be more noticeable then a computer in a dishwasher?

Of course not lol.I made that too hahaha :p
Even though I have a better one which I made from LEGO cubes and it also has electrical power inside for batteries,motor,fan and lights so it can actually work in water like real ship lol.Only it's in my office right now lol.:D

DMGrier

VIP Member
I think Windows 8 will be nice change and I hope they make some changes like get rid of WMP and just add the few missing codecs to zune.

I think one problem I see with the intergration of all there devices is they need to get rid of the MS point system and just use cash or card for xbox and zune.

I think Windows 8 will be nice change and I hope they make some changes like get rid of WMP and just add the few missing codecs to zune.

I think one problem I see with the intergration of all there devices is they need to get rid of the MS point system and just use cash or card for xbox and zune.

yeah the ms point thing could be annoying if all are integrated. But i dont like using credit cards so as long as you can still go to the store and buy some sort of card for money on there then i would be happy

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
I just don't like that Microsoft removed Windows Movie Maker and Outlook Express from Windows 7.And now if in Windows 8 they remove even Windows Media Player that sucks lol!
I am not saying Windows 7 is bad and that Windows 8 will be bad also,but just why the hell would they remove those nice useful things and then put them on their WEB site as a separate download?!That sucks lol xD
Ok it's true that there ARE people who do not use those things,but is that a reason to remove it???I mean...there are TONS of people who use that every day lol.Even me :p

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
one annoying thing is they give you that stupid free trial of microsoft office, i hate office, i never use it lol

Yea I also never use Office.It's not that its bad or anything,I just don't need it lol.
And yea you are right about one thing.They give you free trial of MS Office in Windows 7 on about 60 days,but DO NOT give those nice useful things that XP had such as Windows Movie Maker and Outlook Express.And to tell you the truth those things that XP had and even Vista had are a LOT more useful than stupid 60 days trial of MS Office.Not to mention that those things they removed in Windows 7 never had trial period lol.That was so awesome and now you do not have anything except OS full of free trial programs more and more lmao!
Not to mention if you buy a new laptop.It has Windows 7 on it + tons of 60 days trial useless programs xD I hate that rofl!

I bet they will even remove NOTEPAD,WORDPAD,PAINT and other nice programs in future Windows editions lmao!

Say whatever you want,but I am sticking to Windows 98 and Windows XP.They are the best lol!!!

S.T.A.R.S.

banned
i woudlnt exactly call paint nice though lol

Nah you know what I mean lol.
But believe it or not,it is possible to draw things in paint and make them to look like they are real.One guy draw a car in paint and it looks like it is the real one.I think there is a video about it on the youtube :p

Nah you know what I mean lol.
But believe it or not,it is possible to draw things in paint and make them to look like they are real.One guy draw a car in paint and it looks like it is the real one.I think there is a video about it on the youtube :p

i have seen those, but by far the best program like that is gimp, photoshop may be better but gimp is free :D and almost as good

wolfeking

banned
Who says that Photoshop isn't free :D? Hehehe :D
Ian does.
Ian @ the rules said:
  • Promoting piracy as an alternative to the legal purchase of computer software or media material.
  • The use of torrent trackers or p2p software to obtain copyrighted material. Any discussion of programs like Limewire, Frostwire, eMule, eDonkey, etc.. is not allowed, whether or not you believe or suggest it's for legal use.
  • The offer or solicitation of invitations to private torrent tracking websites, such as Demonoid. Public sites, like The Pirate Bay, cannot be discussed here.
  • Illegally modified OS versions such as "XP Black," which are typically distributed illegally.
  • Installation of a Macintosh operating system on a PC, also know as a "Hackintosh" system.
  • Advice on how to crack or circumvent legitimate software activation. This includes: key generators; cracked executable files; re-arming software trial periods; brute force methods for obtaining activation keys; OEM activation hacks, etc.
  • Cracking or bypassing an administrator/any other user log-in password.
  • Stripping DRM from media files.
  • DVD/Blu-Ray disk decryption.
  • Software that facilitates the unauthorized entry into a network.
  • Posting malicious links or attempting to distribute malicious software.
  • Keystroke recording software, or any application that allows you to secretly monitor the activities of another computer user.