Windows Vista Goes Public!

Livzz

i am in envy....

my downloads max at 50kb/s
but then again i'm a student on a students budget... my computer took me a year of earning and no spending to save up for... so i think a fast connection is out of the question for me!

P11

VIP Member
Ive been trying to download the english 64-bit version with the downloader for some time now...I keep getting "the server is too busy" message. Anyone else getting this problem?

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
computerhakk said:
awesome. they made it a public release again. thanks for the link.. now maybe some of the members here can finally get a hold of it :)
seems your a bit behind ith the times hakk, ive had it, and i know of some others, that have had it, since first beta, back then it was pretty poor to say the least. Lets see how this version fairs up

I am excited to see it on public release but it has kinda stripped us of our special status to have tested vista Beta 1, it used to be something good, now everyones gonna have it it not special, lol, dammit

P11 said:
Ive been trying to download the english 64-bit version with the downloader for some time now...I keep getting "the server is too busy" message. Anyone else getting this problem?
yeh, they are experienceing an extremely high level of demand at the moment, give it a few hours and let other people finsihe their downloads.

dragon

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

How long can we use the vista 2? I mean, can you use them for as long as you want, or for a certain amount of time until microsoft terminates it?

P11

VIP Member
Its valid until June 2007. Also if anyone else had the same problem as me waiting for the server to clear up....I suggest downloading "Download Accelerater Plus" and then clicking on the file on the Right hand side of the page that indicates" if you have your own download manager click here" I have been downloading for 5 mins and I'm already 11% done...going strong at 600 kb/s

Last edited:

ANNR

P11 said:
When I use internet explorer it just donwload some small file and finishes. what is it?

Like a .HTML file? I got that when i try to download it with my FlashGet. the 32bit file is about 3.12GB, gona try to install it in my secondary bootdrive now.^^

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
K, well i downloaded the torrent, and i keep getting a machine_check_exception BSOD and i can't download it off the site, no matter which one i choose. If i select the left side i get the busy notice, if i click the left, i download a 13MB ISO whihc isnt it. :mad:

an anybody help me?

Charles_Lee

can you guys help me out? i don't know how to download this file?
"
Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista Beta 2.

We are currently experiencing a high level of demand and cannot process your request at this time.

Please check back later for availability. We apologize for any inconvenience."
i am looking at this page...

Last edited:

computerhakk

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
seems your a bit behind ith the times hakk, ive had it, and i know of some others, that have had it, since first beta, back then it was pretty poor to say the least. Lets see how this version fairs up
umm.. no not really.

I've had my share of beta since beta 1 also being an msdn subscriber.

But what I meant is they made a public release again of this version. Previously, a public version was made in march where people asked. if u can find the thread.. you'll know what i'm talking about.

Secondly, no one was readily able to get it except msdn subscribers.. thus wasn't public gor everyone.

timothyb89

Darn. I wasn't expecting so many replys ;)
Yeah, workstation seems to cause it to crash with 512 Megs of RAM. It's that and the fact that I get a WinSetup.dll "Could not be loaded or is corrupt" error with 256 megs of RAM. It's that Microsoft geinus at work :D.

I would do a "real" install, but I know that it would destroy LILO... It's that and the fact that my computer is... um... lacking memory... I've got just enough to run it.
Oh well. I'm hoping to build a computer in a month or so that should work perfectly with Vista.

My Avatar image says Windows Vista Uncompatable for a reason.

Last edited:

timothyb89

Charles_Lee said:
can you guys help me out? i don't know how to download this file?
"
Thank you for your interest in Windows Vista Beta 2.

We are currently experiencing a high level of demand and cannot process your request at this time.

Please check back later for availability. We apologize for any inconvenience."
i am looking at this page...
go to this page: http://download.windowsvista.com/preview/beta2/en/x86/download.htm
Keep clicking on the link to the right (it usally works better) until the three gig download starts.

Motoxrdude

Wow, i was downloading it onto my laptop, which had a 10GB partition. Anyways, i was about 95% done, then i got a message saying "Please insert another disk, disk full" and canceled the download. GARBAGE!

dragon2309

P.I Dragon
are you using a download manager palmman...? if so, what one, cos my internet is playing up, im only getting 250Kb/s steady, which sucks, imusually well above 400-450Kb/s

Any suggestions

dragon

Motoxrdude

Woot! Finaly! I got it installed, and it is working. Wireless with it is a pain in the arsh if you screw up the wep password. Now to test it with games...

elmarcorulz

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
are you using a download manager palmman...? if so, what one, cos my internet is playing up, im only getting 250Kb/s steady, which sucks, imusually well above 400-450Kb/s

Any suggestions

dragon
I was getting full speed when i downloaded it off of microsoft.com I used the links on the left to get the x86 version using ie.

Livzz

on my current setup, i have XP on the 74Gb harddrive, and just storage on the 300Gb.. which i dont want to risk if vista goes wrong...
Would it be easy enough to whack in a spare 40Gb IDE drive to install vista onto, and have a dual OS?

kof2000

ms cut me off like 3 times while trying to get the english version so i grabbed the japanese version and set it to english :D

it seems the ms download manager links are always busy and the personal download manager sometimes work sometimes dont and it doesnt work with IE for some reason. i tried with firefox and free download manager and it works.

Last edited: