Windows Vista Goes Public!

P11

VIP Member
dragon2309 said:
are you using a download manager palmman...? if so, what one, cos my internet is playing up, im only getting 250Kb/s steady, which sucks, imusually well above 400-450Kb/s

Any suggestions

dragon
USE, Download Accelerator Plus....I was going 550-600 kb/s strong. Took about 1 hour and 45 mins to finish.

Motoxrdude

Man, i am disapointed with this. It is slow, and looks edzactly like xp, but with a skin. Very dissapointed...

Burgerbob

I tried like 4 times. I download to desktop with Firefox download manager, and right at the very end, says that there was an error, and its not completed. So i had like 16 gigs of .iso files on my desktop.

timothyb89

Ouch! I That kinda sitnks...
How many times did you download it and get that error? 16 GB is way more than I got...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I tried an earlier beta and I hated it... As stated above, it looked much like XP with some very minor changes, but many more errors. Any idea why I've been saying I didn't care for it :p

Now, I only tried the 32bit version(if they even had a 64bit at the time...) Right now I have the latest 32bit version at 98% downloaded(DAMN I love my new modem ;) ) But I don't know if I'll install it or not. Kind of depends if my tester is even up to the challenge!

timothyb89

All I can say is that I wish you luck. I don't think I can install it since I'll wreck my bootloader :(
I'd sure like to try it...
Oh well. Maybe the new comp I'm hoping to get wil work...

Thug541

My Install disc of beta 2 isn't recognized when I am in XP, only when i boot from disk.....any suggestions?

Arm_Pit3

I'm pissing that i spent the whole downloading both, then relised you need a DVD burner to burn it to a CD to use. Blah. I didn;t relize i couldn;'t jsut put it on a CD................Is there anyway to put it on several CDs? Thsi sucks :(

kobaj

VIP Member
/me wishes he had a spare hard drive to install this on...

Oh well, Ill just get a skin for XP and make people think I have it. :)

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I will admit vista is MUCH better than the last time I used it. I still have my spare 80G, so that might be going in my Compaq sometime soon and I'll be giving vista a try on that machine...

Vista is, unfortunetly, MUCH more bloated than XP, but on a fairly capable machine, it should be pretty nice. I'll get back with you guys once I have time to try that...

The_Other_One

VIP Member
I'm on Vista now and I do like it for the most part... I mean it's nice and clean, and it's quite applealing, visually. However, it is obviously slower than XP. When I try to multi-task, my machine will hang sometimes. Usally it's nothing serious, but it's something that didn't happen in XP. I don't know if it's because I have the x64 version installed or what... I ASSUMED that would help me for the most part...

timothyb89

I'm getting a new Dell tomorow, and the first thing that's going on it is Vista. I can finally test it out myself. I hope it's worth the 30GB partition that I'm putting on my on my hdd...