Winter Steam Sales 2014

C4C

I have FSX and Trine 2 in my inventory and I got Euro Truck Sim 2 for my library.. Super fun game.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
I'm hoping that Wolfenstein: The New Order gets a huge chunk off,Its way too much for a single player only game imo.

As opposed to mp only games that will be how much use in a few years time? :cool: the tumbleweed and shut down servers make it all worth it.

Just got Monaco, I am hoping for Space Engineers to go on sale for more than 50%, as well as the FF games and Binding of Isaac

Nothing yet although all the games on my wishlist are 50% off to start. Should hit 75% if they go flash.

I saw the flash sale was lasting 24 hours. Are they not doing the every 8 hours like last year?

Okedokey

As opposed to mp only games that will be how much use in a few years time? :cool: the tumbleweed and shut down servers make it all worth it.

Yeah agreed, however games like COD2 that always had dedicated servers are still pretty busy.

Geoff

VIP Member

Just got Monaco, I am hoping for Space Engineers to go on sale for more than 50%, as well as the FF games and Binding of Isaac
That depends, some games like CS 1.6 still have a huge MP base with thousands of servers, while others like The Ship have very few to none.

Darren

Staff member
Nothing yet although all the games on my wishlist are 50% off to start. Should hit 75% if they go flash.

I saw the flash sale was lasting 24 hours. Are they not doing the every 8 hours like last year?

I have noticed that the sales in the past year or so aren't as good as they used to be. There seems to be less stuff on sale such as longer flash sales, and the discounts themselves don't seem to be as low as they used to be.

voyagerfan99

Master of Turning Things Off and Back On Again
Staff member
I have noticed that the sales in the past year or so aren't as good as they used to be. There seems to be less stuff on sale such as longer flash sales, and the discounts themselves don't seem to be as low as they used to be.

Probably because the Steam community is a lot bigger than it used to be. More members = more money.

Aastii

VIP Member
That depends, some games like CS 1.6 still have a huge MP base with thousands of servers, while others like The Ship have very few to none.

Yep but with a new game just out, how do you know it is still going to be alive 5 years down the line, or with newer games even a couple of years? You can go and spend 40 quid on a game because it has mp and not be able to play it 2 years later, whereas your sp game will always be there to play.

I just bought dark souls. The Steam sales are doing it already, making me spend money I don't have

Darren

Staff member
Yep but with a new game just out, how do you know it is still going to be alive 5 years down the line, or with newer games even a couple of years? You can go and spend 40 quid on a game because it has mp and not be able to play it 2 years later, whereas your sp game will always be there to play.

I just bought dark souls. The Steam sales are doing it already, making me spend money I don't have

Nice to see you around again!

I have always thought about getting that game but I'm pretty prone to rage quitting and not sure how much I'd like it. I get easily frustrated by games. I almost broke a keyboard over some races in the original NFS Most Wanted when I was younger.

Last edited:

This is my third winter sale. The first was great. Last year had a lot but mostly repeats. Thus year has less sales and already repeats. Still with two weeks of it there should be plenty.

Darren

Staff member
This is my third winter sale. The first was great. Last year had a lot but mostly repeats. Thus year has less sales and already repeats. Still with two weeks of it there should be plenty.

Yeah hopefully it gets better.

I just bought Spintires on G2A for 10.25. Waiting on my key now.

C4C

CS:GO should be dropping to 50% or more soon... It's only at 33% off right now which is a little disappointing. Really want to play with my friends, but for now I'm racking up the HOURS on Euro Truck Sim 2.... 4 hours alone today hahah..

You should see counter strike go 75% off.

Assassins creed black flag is 75% off making it $10. Anyone have thoughts on that game? Not sure if I should wait for the other two I want and just get black flag for ps4.

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I haven't even completed the first one, so I'm not going to buy another AC game for a while.

I haven't even completed the first one, so I'm not going to buy another AC game for a while.

I beat 3. Still have 2 sitting untouched. May just have to follow your lead and hold off.

Also, castle crashing is a good game for anyone who,has been holding out. Although I am sure everyone has it by now.

Last edited:

Aastii

VIP Member
Prison Architect with 80% off is worth every single penny. Probably the only early access game that comes anywhere near it is KSP (which you should also pick up if it goes on sale ;)). Still no sign of FF though

voyagerfan99

Staff member
I just bought The Vanishing of Ethan Carter for $12 and then got the G2A newsletter which has it for $6 :mad: