WTS: My PC?

bigrich0086

Your parents can buy you a handgun and give it to you though if you are under 21

Nice SIG man, I am in the market for a SIG P229 Equinox myself.

false, Must be 18 to have a handgun in your name or possession. At the age of 18 you can buy hand gun from private parties. Must be 21 to buy from dealers and or online.

Once your 18 you can buy any firearm you want as long as you follow the rules/laws of how to obtain them

JlCollins005

Your parents can buy you a handgun and give it to you though if you are under 21

Nice SIG man, I am in the market for a SIG P229 Equinox myself.

well thats essentially what he was saying you cant walk into a gun store and buy a handgun at 18, your parents could and they could sell it to you or a friend that is 21 could and sell it to you.

im shopping around for a 50 cal DE

been looking at this as well

http://www.taurususa.com/video-theJudge.cfm

tlarkin

VIP Member
false, Must be 18 to have a handgun in your name or possession. At the age of 18 you can buy hand gun from private parties. Must be 21 to buy from dealers and or online.

Once your 18 you can buy any firearm you want as long as you follow the rules/laws of how to obtain them

It depends on the state. Some states do allow hand guns as gifts, ie no exchange of money, to people under the age of 21, but the parent technically owns it. Oh and the only Taurus handgun I would buy in the near future would be a judge, that gun looks bad ass!

Big Rich, I realize your trying to help but what he said was true. He meant, a friend who is 21 could go into a fire arm shop, and purchase the weapon, then sell it to you.

bomberboysk

THe age of 18 is somewhat useless though, cannot carry concealed until you are 21.

bigrich0086

Direct Federal Law quotes

Federal law allows the sale of a long gun or a handgun between private parties of the same state as long as the purchaser is 18 years of age. An individual who does not possess a federal firearms license may not sell a modern firearm to a resident of another state without first transferring the firearm to a dealer in the purchaser's state.[3] Firearms received by bequest or intestate succession are exempt from those sections of the law which forbid the transfer, sale, delivery or transportation of firearms into a state other than the transferor's state of residence.[3] Likewise, antique firearms are exempt from these sections of the law in most states. (Antique firearms are defined as those manufactured pre-1899 by US federal law, or modern replicas thereof that do not use cartridges. State law definitions on antique firearms vary considerably from state to state.)

* An individual 21 years of age or older may acquire a handgun from a dealer federally licensed to sell firearms in the individual's state of residence[2].

* An individual 18 years of age or older may purchase a rifle or shotgun from a federally licensed dealer in any state. However, the applicant may not purchase a pistol gripped long gun that does not have a shoulder stock until he or she is 21 years of age.