• Windows Vista

Votes: 33 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

funkysnair

VIP Member
did i ever say i like'd it? vista that is

well i do and my computer loves it too cos it pures like a little pussy cat every time it boots up.

lmfao

Jabes

banned
IMAO just because people can't run vista on their rig is why I think that they'res so many xp voters right? wasn't this poll meant for people that actually tried vista?

tlarkin

VIP Member
No its not at all. At home I have a e6300 w/ 2 gigs of RAM and a 9800 pro (256 meg version) in it. It is a secondary system. Something I use to play around with and load OSes on. I have it booting Linux, Vista business, and XP. These more than meet the minimum spec requirements for Vista. The requirements can be found here.

When I do side by side comparisons of XP versus Vista I get no performance increase at all. Things run pretty much about the same. I use it on the basic level. Ripping music, burning CDs, surfing the web, opening office documents, and the XP machine performs the same or in some cases faster due to buggy software.

However, I digress, I am done trying to debate anything with some 14 year olds. It is pointless. So I am done with this thread completely, and if this keeps up the forum as well.

Jabes

banned
No its not at all. At home I have a e6300 w/ 2 gigs of RAM and a 9800 pro (256 meg version) in it. It is a secondary system. Something I use to play around with and load OSes on. I have it booting Linux, Vista business, and XP. These more than meet the minimum spec requirements for Vista. The requirements can be found here.

When I do side by side comparisons of XP versus Vista I get no performance increase at all. Things run pretty much about the same. I use it on the basic level. Ripping music, burning CDs, surfing the web, opening office documents, and the XP machine performs the same or in some cases faster due to buggy software.

However, I digress, I am done trying to debate anything with some 14 year olds. It is pointless. So I am done with this thread completely, and if this keeps up the forum as well.
ok then we'll miss you

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member

C'mon dude, just leave this thread...

Stay! Who else am I going to ask for my help with OS' :)

massahwahl

VIP Member

geez you guys were scaring everyone off! Take your opinions for what they are, either you like something or you dont. If you dont like and dont use it then why bash people that do like it just because you dont? Everyone needs to chill out a bit. I learned my lesson after the naked chick left a couple weeks ago.

zaroba

vista is newer, has more features, is far more stable, and runs games great.
so vista for me

to those that prefer xp over vista due to gaming speed, well duh. of course xp will run games better, it uses less resources then vista. if you run a game like Half Life on Windows 2k or 98 i bet it'll run even faster then on XP. vista uses a minimum of 512mb and will easily use 700mb or more. xp only used 64mb. if you only have 1 or 2gb of ram when you install vista, then of course your going to notice a drop in performance. you just lost a good portion of your available ram.

its quite funny that some people think stuff should run the same with less resources.
its as if some people expect vista to eliminate the need for ram :p

whats even funnier is seeing people crying that a game wont run when they put it on there pc with a quad core cpu, duel 8800GTXs in SLI, vista, and only 1gb of ram :p

Last edited:

Kornowski

VIP Member
Yeah she bailed after a bunch of people were pretty rude to her. I think she manifested again as someone else but only time will time...(cue 'eerie music')

I knew that there were a few people being rude, I mentioned something but I don't think it got noticed, in the recycle bin thread, right?

lol, Yeah, Whip out you ukulele mate! ;) I'll grab my guitar!

Geoff

VIP Member
I've actually begun to like Vista better then I did before, mainly because i've found out more and more tweaks to make Vista more to my liking.

Kornowski

VIP Member
I've actually begun to like Vista better then I did before, mainly because i've found out more and more tweaks to make Vista more to my liking.

You'll have to show me a few to get me ready for it, eh! :p

We'll get this forum jammin'

Damn right! Bit of Led Zep? ;)

So, by that logic anyone who just wants to run MS word and surf the internet and maybe once in a while burn a CD, must upgrade their hardware because Vista says so.

Haha...You crack me up... No kidding, it's new software meant to go along with new hardware, why don't we have a FarCry vs. Crysis thread, oh wait, no one would complain about Crysis' higher requirements..

And that's the case where you run XP.. Besides, anyone WITH simple logical abilities would definitely know that they didn't need to upgrade their PC, so that would probably put them back at 98SE or 2000/ME.

[-0MEGA-];824696 said:

Good! You didn't make your decision after running it for three days and are you probably are mentally talented enough to turn off UAC, unlike some of the other ppl who use their 'logic' to determine Vista isn't good and these are the type that bias themselves upon one little tiny imperfection, they don't seem to 'weight-out' their Pros and Cons.

Last edited:

Jabes

banned
Haha...You crack me up... No kidding, it's new software meant to go along with new hardware, why don't we have a FarCry vs. Crysis thread, oh wait, no one would complain about Crysis' higher requirements..

And that's the case where you run XP.. Besides, anyone WITH simple logical abilities would definitely know that they didn't need to upgrade their PC, so that would probably put them back at 98SE or 2000/ME.

lmao darn true

Status
Not open for further replies.