• Windows XP

Votes: 47 58.8%
  • Windows Vista

Votes: 33 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ahhh, and here I was looking for 'over-confident' :confused:

1. utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
2. too hard to cut, break, or pierce.
–noun
3. any impenetrably or unyieldingly hard substance.
4. a legendary stone of impenetrable hardness, formerly sometimes identified with the diamond.

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
no I don't post from a cell phone y r u sayin that my I don't have proper sentece structure :confused:

:eek: Spelling, too, let's not forget the spelling.

and then u bash peoples sigs? I see

I was not bashing your sig. I was implying that it is offensive, arrogant, and ignorant due to it's perception of the following:

1 - people who don't like Vista are idiots
2 - People who have an older system that works fine for their needs, but cannot run Vista are idiots
3 - new Posters to these Forums that have a question are idiots.

Jabes

banned
1. utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
–noun
4. a legendary stone of impenetrable hardness, formerly sometimes identified with the diamond.

hmm that sounds like me :p did I tell you my friends list went up? lol :p

porterjw

Spaminator
Staff member
–noun

Thank you for the definition, though I am well-aware of it's meaning. I was looking for a Post referring to 'over-confident' though, not 'most-adamant'.

Only semantics, it's all good :)

PC eye

banned
I did a lot of research before I decided to buy a new PC with a Vista OS. Even though the majority bash it, I really like it. Now I have Vista and 2 Gigs, works wonderfully and all of my proggies save one work with Vista. I am even using a photo editing program that I got 8 years ago and it works fine. All my hardware and peripherals work just as well with Vista as they did with my XP and 1 Gig.

Vista runs slow because of Superfetch and all the little things it does automatically so you don't have to think about them, like defragging and such. There are numerous tweaks you can use to make Vista's performance better and faster.

One quick note, as it's been touched on in another thread (or it may have been this one) putting 4 Gigs in a 32 bit won't do you any good at all. Here's a link to the explanation ... http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/archives/000811.html

Since you like to research before commenting you may want to look over the additional information on the thread seen at http://www.computerforum.com/98930-why-vista-slower-then-xp.html

Thank you for the definition, though I am well-aware of it's meaning. I was looking for a Post referring to 'over-confident' though, not 'most-adamant'.

Only semantics, it's all good :)

It's the same thing... Both could be boiled down to "stubborn"...

amosf

no I don't post from a cell phone y r u sayin that my I don't have proper sentece structure :confused: most of the time I'm typing in between doing other stuff

well u don't like my sig right?
and then u bash peoples sigs? I see

I'm typing between other things as well, silly. That's no excuse to post the mush you post. It just comes across as completely lazy.

And I agree the sig is just offensive. If your parents can't buy you the latest gaming system then you are an idiot.

Oh to be young again and know it all ;)

Jabes

banned
I'm typing between other things as well, silly. That's no excuse to post the mush you post. It just comes across as completely lazy.

And I agree the sig is just offensive. If your parents can't buy you the latest gaming system then you are an idiot.

Oh to be young again and know it all ;)

why does everybody think my parents bought my rig isn't that wat ur saying I bought it myself when I worked during the sumer

Jabes

banned
Why does everybody think my parents bought me this rig? Isn't that what you are saying? I bought this myself using the money I made from working over the summer.

So how much more readable that is?

yea I agree I guess I do need to look at my posts more

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
name, address? money for shipping??

It might be a little old and have some mold by the time it gets there.. but ill pack some extra butter for ya :p

if you get sick... well atleast you won't be at home reading this thread :D

Status
Not open for further replies.