Votes: 33 41.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Jabes-

It is really just a misinformed article misinforming all that read it. That is why I hate professional tech bloggers, because they are journalists and not actual technology people.

Good point. That guy from the New York Times, David Pogue, is a douche. Paul Thurrott writes some good stuff, however.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Good point. That guy from the New York Times, David Pogue, is a douche. Paul Thurrott writes some good stuff, however.

No, you are right there are some good ones out there, but for every good one there is a plethora of bad ones. I was interviewed for some articles in CIO magazine about how I admin my Macs and integrate them into a PC environment. The author was nice, but she called boot camp an emulator....:rolleyes:

I used to love reading Maximum PC (back when it was called boot magazine) but after like their third year of print they started writing crap and they give out too many kick ass awards. I think that no body stands by a set of standards these days. I mean they gave Windows XP a perfect 10, and they never hand out 10s, not to mention no OS on release deserves a 10 they are filled with bugs.

Oh well, one of these days I will have to finish building my website/blog so I can at least attempt to give out proper information.

paratwa

Oh I just think Vista is the best! Best OS windows ever! I would rather run vista than make love to my wife! It's so pretty!:rolleyes:

:D:D:D:D:D:D;)

Jabes

banned
Same here. Flame wars coming up :D:D

Sooo... how bout getting back on topic?

Vista - I have to try.

XP - Good so far

aw we can't keep on going :p

Oh she knows, besides I want to divorce her since she still runs XP, and you know that anyone that runs XP is a total idiot, just ask all of vista lovers!

Prettier than your mom! :)

You guys do Know that I am being [SIZE=-1]faceasious [/SIZE]right?
of course I kno that u hate vista :(

Last edited:

PC eye

banned
Another one? OK, well I like XP over vista any day. Vienna will be the next good OS from Microsoft, Vista will be another Windows ME.

Vienna is the code name for Windows Server 2008 like Long Horn was for Vista. Since you work with networks/networking that would be right up your alley there. :p

For desktops the next Windows planned seems to be for 2010. Blackcomb or simply Windows 7 is due then.

StrangleHold

Staff member
Windows Vienna that started as Blackcomb, now name changed to Windows 7 and will probably change again is going to replace Vista.
http://www.winsupersite.com/faq/windows_7.asp
http://www.windowsitpro.com/windows...rticleID/95159/windowspaulthurrott_95159.html
http://www.windows-vista-update.com/Microsoft-Windows-Vienna.html

Theres already a Windows Server 2008. Windows Server 2008 is built from the same code base as Windows Vista Service Pack 1 and was called Longhorn

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2008/evaluation/overview.mspx

Last edited:

funkysnair

VIP Member
i go for vista...

thing is im using twice as much ram and faster than what i was using in my xp pooter so i knew i wouldnt have problems with vist.

2gig 800mhz (vista) 1gig 667mhz (xp)

just a bit of a wait for aol to send me suitable drivers to get online with vista.

never hardly use more than %50 ram think it would be a different story with the 1gig 667mhz ram running vist as i do alot of burning, surfing and playing music at the same time.

no problems here:D

patrickv

Vista- works faster, boots faster, easier to use , games work great and better.

you didn't just say "easier to use" ?
sorry it's not. no really, it's NOT, capital N-O-T.
do you know how much time it takes to configure a Lan with vista or network for that matter ? more than XP, am speaking out of experience.
I also have vista and when i take my lappy home to connect to my wireless router, i wanna go crazy :eek:,lol
anyways for now am with XP, so far vista for has shown it's improving but some stuff don't work so am just waiting for the SP.

cheers :cool:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
do you know how much time it takes to configure a Lan with vista or network for that matter ? more than XP, am speaking out of experience.
I also have vista and when i take my lappy home to connect to my wireless router, i wanna go crazy :eek:,lol

I've had similar problems w/ networking in Vista. Still haven't figured out how to share files w/ my two PCs. I know it's easy, but not really worth the hassle. I hate troubleshooting. :mad:

ThatGuy16

VIP Member
you didn't just say "easier to use" ?
sorry it's not. no really, it's NOT, capital N-O-T.
anyways for now am with XP, so far vista for has shown it's improving but some stuff don't work so am just waiting for the SP.

cheers :cool:

:rolleyes:

I've had similar problems w/ networking in Vista. Still haven't figured out how to share files w/ my two PCs. I know it's easy, but not really worth the hassle. I hate troubleshooting. :mad:

My god, i had a hard time figuring this out on XP, on Vista all you have to do is make two clicks, boom. done.

control panel / networking and sharing center. all you have to do is turn it on, and you can access the shared folders on all the other pc's connected.

I love this, if you need something on another computer, all you have to do is put it in a shared folder and it can be accessed from any computer connected to the network

PC eye

banned
The two main grievances here while still running XP on a separate drive was the lack of the add/remove Windows components option seen as far back as 95/98 no longer seen in the new version. The other main thing was denied access to the new form of DocumentsandSettings folder with the users folder now seem. I hate not having full access to anything as the admin to what files are where.

Suprisingly all the "bugs" that everyone was expected while not uncommon with any new version when it first comes out is with the drivers/softwares for hardwares themselves not with Windows on it's own. Plus updates are being seen at a much faster rate for Vista over XP with the shutdown/install updates message seen more often. MS is trying to make a big impression lately. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.