ZOMG AMD is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Motoxrdude

Yeah, i meant to say wd cavier. Yeah, trust me, i would have never used raid 3 if it was up to me. The servers at the office where managed by an idiot before me. The database is used by the software and since the software is proprietary, we can't touch the database. I do beleive it is sql atm. When the office closes for about a week I am going to be doing an overhaul of that server. everyone is fed up with the intermittent servers. Sometimes they work great, other times they go as slow as rosie o'donal. we still can't figure out why it is so slow sometimes, so we are just going to replace it.

Crimsonite

Athlon64 owns P4 EE regardless of speed; X2 owns Athlon64 and Phenom owns Athlon64. Then you say P4 3.2GHz owns Phenom.

You have no facts, obviously lacking knowledge and logic.

ZOMG another Intel fanboy! :eek:

Crimsonite

I can be a bit more specific..

I think there's something the fanboys don't mention.. They like looking at fake, synthetic benchmark numbers and throwing those around, but there is something else I've noticed about them.. Disk access. Loading times.. Terrible. Horrible. Aggravating. Consistently bad. Every single one of them that I've seen have had this problem.

So yeah.. Performance of them is crappy (unless you overclock them maybe.. but should you really have to push it out of spec to have it perform like it should?) and data i/o is crap.

Yup. Hate them. Crap. Junk.

By the way, that guy's Phenom was three weeks old. That's why I told him to go get a refund.

Two new rigs comparison side-by-side:
==================================
Rig#1-
AMD X2 5000 BE @3.31GHz
ASUS M2R32-MVP
4x1GB GeIL Esoteria DDR2-1084Mhz 5-4-4-13
WD RaptorX
HD3870 Crossfired

______________V.S.________________________

Rig#2
Intel C2D E6750 @3.0Ghz
Abit AB9 Pro
2x2GB GeIL EVO-ONE DDR2-1100Mhz 5-5-5-15
WD RaptorX
8800GT
===================================

The AMD rig always POSTs quicker, boots into Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit faster, desktop/quicklaunch all load up sooner. Right after the AMD rig gets in Windows and you click the Firefox icon five times it will open up all the Firefox browser windows in about 3 seconds. The Intel rig takes 5 seconds to even be able to open up one IE browser window. Well, according to most of the reviewers and benchies, this C2D E6750 is supposed to chew up the X2 5000 BE despite the 300Mhz difference. But in reality, it seems more like the Benchmark scores on recent Intel rigs are fake. So you're right, there are many things the Intel fanboys won't ever mention or admit.

If you organized your thoughts better, you may be able to get away without paragraphs. As it stands, no.

edit:

Oh, and it doesn't help that you ask questions without question marks, don't know the difference between their and there, etc. I shouldn't have to "concentrate" to try to decipher your slop.

Completely off-topic. Thank you.

Last edited:

Motoxrdude

Two new rigs comparison side-by-side:
==================================
Rig#1-
AMD X2 5000 BE @3.31GHz
ASUS M2R32-MVP
4x1GB GeIL Esoteria DDR2-1084Mhz 5-4-4-13
WD RaptorX
HD3870 Crossfired

______________V.S.________________________

Rig#2
Intel C2D E6750 @3.0Ghz
Abit AB9 Pro
2x2GB GeIL EVO-ONE DDR2-1100Mhz 5-5-5-15
WD RaptorX
8800GT
===================================

The AMD rig always POSTs quicker, boots into Windows Vista Ultimate 32-bit faster, desktop/quicklaunch all load up sooner. Right after the AMD rig gets in Windows and you click the Firefox icon five times it will open up all the Firefox browser windows in about 3 seconds. The Intel rig takes 5 seconds to even be able to open up one IE browser window. Well, according to most of the reviewers and benchies, this C2D E6750 is supposed to chew up the X2 5000 BE despite the 300Mhz difference. But in reality, it seems more like the Benchmark scores on recent Intel rigs are fake. So you're right, there are many things the Intel fanboys won't ever mention or admit.

Completely off-topic. Thank you.

You know bootup time has almost nothing to do with processor? Obviously you dont know that so I wouldn't be giving info on the matter. And plus, desktop environments are totally different then server environments. Also, for his given situation a P4 is outperforming a phenom; you don't know the situation, variables and hardware related. You can't judge off someones person opinion...

Anyways,
Yeah, i meant to say wd cavier. Yeah, trust me, i would have never used raid 3 if it was up to me. The servers at the office where managed by an idiot before me. The database is used by the software and since the software is proprietary, we can't touch the database. I do beleive it is sql atm. When the office closes for about a week I am going to be doing an overhaul of that servers. everyone is fed up with the intermittent servers. Sometimes they work great, other times they go as slow as rosie o'donal. It is most likely poor software and it doesn't place nice with our hardware.

reddevil6

AMD are not crap my 6000+ is faster than any intel me or my dad have ever owned muck more reliable, every intel me or my dad have owned have had nothing but problems.

AMD RULE

SirKenin

banned
Well, my reference point is stuff that most people only dream of. As I do sales *and* service, I deal with everything from the $300 PC to the $30,000+ server and everything in between. Currently we are developing $20,000 + home theater systems with a PC at the heart.

You've overclocked the bejesus out of the AMD, your o/c on the Intel sucks. You use a POS board on the Intel with an antique chipset, a current gen board on the AMD. You compare opening Firefox on one to IE on the other. You compare an apple and an orange and I'm supposed to be impressed? Did you disable NCQ on the Abit? Oh.. You don't even know what the hell that is, nor the fact that the Abit has NCQ, the Asus doesn't and the WD Raptor 1500ADFD does, in fact, have NCQ.

Of course you also wouldn't have know that drives with NCQ enabled in single user environments take a performance hit, as opposed to a multiuser environment.

Believe me, I don't care if your firefox opens a second or two faster than IE. I DO care that you're an idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I've worked on a few systems lately with the latest AMD processors in them, the X2s and Phenoms. What total, absolute crap. Garbage. Dog slow pieces of junk.

What a sorry excuse for a processor/platform. I can't believe people actually buy these things. I built a P4 3.2 GHz system for a client a couple of weeks ago that absolutely destroys that Phenom in common tasks. Slaughters it, not even a contest.

It was disgusting. I told the guy to take the Phenom PC back and get a refund. Unbelievable garbage. :mad:

I can be a bit more specific..

I think there's something the fanboys don't mention.. They like looking at fake, synthetic benchmark numbers and throwing those around, but there is something else I've noticed about them.. Disk access. Loading times.. Terrible. Horrible. Aggravating. Consistently bad. Every single one of them that I've seen have had this problem.

So yeah.. Performance of them is crappy (unless you overclock them maybe.. but should you really have to push it out of spec to have it perform like it should?) and data i/o is crap.

Yup. Hate them. Crap. Junk.

By the way, that guy's Phenom was three weeks old. That's why I told him to go get a refund.

Now this is how it got started and how it got turned into what it has, I have no idea. Started out a couple of X2 and Phenom systems then turned into building servers and home systems.

New paragraph so fortyways will not get confused. I built about 90% AMD systems for 11 years. And really had more problems out of the 10% Intel systems then all the AMDs put together. Lets get real here the P4 as far as the clock performance was way under performing compared the the Athlon 64.

Back to the Core 2. Im not fanboy to anything. Whatever has the best performance is the best period. Right now the Core 2 clock for clock outperforms the X2 and Phenom. You have to be kinda brain dead not to think so. But that still does not mean the X2 or Phenoms are crap. (B2 stepping not included) Intel has had there share of Errata too. If you go by that logic we need to find whoever has the fastest computer on the boards and everybody else's is crap.

Back to the P4. You have to admit by design it was slower clock for clock, no Hypertransport-no onboard memory controller. It was completely out classed by the Athlon 64. I,m just suprised of how quick people forget (the crap as you call it) how they were kicked around by Intel with there P4. Intel finally got there ducks in a row with the Core 2, so I guess all these people that had P4s and dreaming can now finally vent there frustration at Intel but point it in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Crimsonite

I guess my point was taken then. :rolleyes:

OP makes a statement flaming AMD with no facts no proof and many of you seem to agree with him up to some extent. I jump in to make a similar statement in similar ways but backing up AMD, and some of you get all crazy on me. Tough. Right.

Priceless.:p

fortyways

banned
The difference is that everyone already knows Intel is better right now, the OP was just building on common knowledge.

You, however, are trying to defy common knowledge, so you're going to need more than your opinion.

StrangleHold

Staff member
I guess my point was taken then. :rolleyes:

OP makes a statement flaming AMD with no facts no proof and many of you seem to agree with him up to some extent. I jump in to make a similar statement in similar ways but backing up AMD, and some of you get all crazy on me. Tough. Right.

Priceless.:p
Your getting picked on because the problem is that there is alot more going on then a few seconds on boot up and how long it takes Firefox/IE to open. You really need more experience than that.

Alienware is selling some of their desktops with phenom processors..
What has that got to do with anything?

The only point you made is that you're clueless. If that's the point you wanted to make, then yes, you aced it.
Now, Now dont be mean:D:D
puppy-733835.jpg

I'm not saying it's good, i'm saying it's not absolutely horrible - they wouldn't get away with selling it if it wasn't good for at least some gamers..

StrangleHold

Staff member
I'm not saying it's good, i'm saying it's not absolutely horrible - they wouldn't get away with selling it if it wasn't good for at least some gamers..

The problem AMD is having is price point, hell its a good processor but its slower clock for clock and doesnt overclock as well. Intel can lower prices and not lose their --- so much better than AMD because of production cost. Example 9850 at 2.5 vs. Q6600 at 2.4, The Q6600 beats it in just about anything plus it overclocks better and they are the same price around 239 bucks. The only way AMD can even compete with Intels slowest quad the Q6600 is if the 9850 was about 199 or maybe 209 bucks.

Dont misunderstand me, the Phenom (B3) is a good processor. Its 10 to 15% faster clock for clock than the Athlon 64 but at the price point it just isnt competing. And I,m talking about the 9750 and 9850 the only 2 that even comes close to the Q6600, like I say if they knocked about 25 bucks off then they would be a good deal.

Last edited:

djcon

I've worked on a few systems lately with the latest AMD processors in them, the X2s and Phenoms. What total, absolute crap. Garbage. Dog slow pieces of junk.

What a sorry excuse for a processor/platform. I can't believe people actually buy these things. I built a P4 3.2 GHz system for a client a couple of weeks ago that absolutely destroys that Phenom in common tasks. Slaughters it, not even a contest.

It was disgusting. I told the guy to take the Phenom PC back and get a refund. Unbelievable garbage. :mad:

AMD Athlon 64 3500+... never had a problem... I guess you just got a lemon out of the bunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.