ZOMG AMD is crap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
They're offering Triple Core and Quad Cores

i simply do not understand why AMD are making a Triple core when they have quad :confused:

it just seems stupid to me it would be like making a new single core cpu and releasing it even though they have dual cores :rolleyes:

StrangleHold

Staff member
There Dual cores are going to be the lower end. Even when the Agena Dual core comes out theres going to be one model with L3 and one without. Plus a Sempron Dual Core. Since there slower clock for clock I think there setting up the X3 to compete against Intels Core 2 Dual. Think there just stuck with the clock speed of the Barcelona/Agena core. They can probable tweak it a little more and get the clock speed up and mhz. I,ve read some reviews that said that theres not even going to be a B4 stepping, that their trying to get the 45nm. into production.

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
i simply do not understand why AMD are making a Triple core when they have quad :confused:

it just seems stupid to me it would be like making a new single core cpu and releasing it even though they have dual cores :rolleyes:

If the quad-core has one defective core, it would be a waste to throw it away since it's still got 3 working cores... so they just disable the defective one and make some profit out of the working bits of the chip. Makes sense? And if it's got 2 defective cores, it's sold as a dualcore and if it's got 3 defective cores it's sold as singlecore and if it's got 4 defective cores...

I don't know about this but it would also make sense (to me) to disable a working core of a quad if it's stuck at low mhz, since such a core would hold the 3 other ones back... so you could sell a CPU with lesser cores and faster mhz. No clue if they do this, though.

zer0_c00l

my phenom 9600 B.E. was always stable,as was my x2 5600+ and my X2 5000+ b.e. ohh cant forget my athlon 2800+ still going...:D

Bob Jeffery

i say just use the 8 core ps3 processor. No im not kidding that would be awsome. The ps3 only uses 7 of the cores :p there 3.2ghz each i think

Crimsonite

Typical Intel fanboyism. I never denied that Intel outperforms AMD right now. :rolleyes: Looks like you missed the point. The OP made a no-facts based claim that his P4 destroyed AMD X2's and Phenoms. I made a similar statement but more conservative on X2 5000 vs E6750. The obvious is only seen and understood by those who don't have so much pride and ego. The clueless one is you, boy.;)

Vizy

Typical Intel fanboyism. I never denied that Intel outperforms AMD right now. :rolleyes: Looks like you missed the point. The OP made a no-facts based claim that his P4 destroyed AMD X2's and Phenoms. I made a similar statement but more conservative on X2 5000 vs E6750. The obvious is only seen and understood by those who don't have so much pride and ego. The clueless one is you, boy.;)

Your talking to SirK right?

fortyways

banned

You're an idiot, and every post you make makes that more and more clear. You, obviously, are an AMD fanboy, and I, obviously, care very little either way. I get what's cheapest and still performs well, and that happens to be the Pentium Dual Core series.

I was only pointing out that your comparison was absolutely stupid. I don't care in the slightest which processor you like, moron.

Last edited:

SirKenin

banned

No facts? And you counter with "no facts" and yet somehow that's ok? Not only do you counter with no facts, you "compare" an apple and an orange? And that makes you "special"? The definitive source? The comparison that was so badly flawed that even the most obtuse could easily see that your farts sound more factual than you do?

You're "special" alright. So special you take the short bus to your "AMD Fanboi School of Irrelevancy" classes.

I can see the itinerary now:

9:00 AM Group hug
9:15 AM Group confessions. "Hi, my name is.......and I spend more for less"
9:30 AM Group hug
9:45 AM Coloring session "256 Shades of Red"
10:00 AM Group session "The Importance of Falsifying Data"
10:30 AM Group hug
11:00 AM Group session "How to glaze over the fact that you have the only processor that needs it's own patches"
11:30 AM Group session "How to overclock your processor to make you feel better AND give the illusion of e-peen in your forum sig at the same time"
11:45 AM Visual presentation "The importance of putting @ {clock speed} in your signature and how to ignore the fact that nobody else bloody cares"
12:00 PM Group hug
12:20 PM Nap time
12:30 PM Lunch "Yes, you could have had a much better burger for $2.00 less, but that's not the AMD way"
1:00 PM Group hug
1:15 PM Group session "3D Mark...The importance of useless, synthetic benchmarks"
1:45 PM Group hug
2:00 PM Nap time
2:15 PM Group session "How to operate a company in the red for 15 years..The importance of fanboyism"
3:15 PM Group hug
3:30 PM Group session "How to make irrelevant comparisons to make you feel better for wasting your money on a piece of crap"
3:45 PM School chant. "It's not about the clock speed. And now it's not about the price/performance, efficiency, thermal dissipation, lack of fabs, process, the complete waste of money on acquisitions we couldn't afford or the fact that we're not making any goddamn money either"
3:50 PM Practice session at your favorite forum
4:00 PM Short bus comes to take you home. Fortunately it's not an AMD bus, otherwise it would take twice as long to get home, chew twice as much gas, belch twice as much smoke and only run on three cylinders because the fourth one crapped out at the factory.

Last edited:

TrainTrackHack

VIP Member
AMDs scale better than Intels, thanks to HyperTransport... and in some post I already mentioned that even lower-end AMDs have VT enabled, unlike cheap Intels...I'm not being a fanboy of any kind, and which one scales better or has VT makes absolutely no difference to most people anyway, but just pointing out that sometimes AMDs are better than intels. I admit that atm Intel's the way to go, and I'm with Intel, they do destroy AMDs, yes, but I though I'd say this just because AMDs are getting battered and spit at so bad... it's so mean *sniff*

You might want to say Phenom is retarded. Many would say NetBurst was retarded. Nobody is perfect, afterall. Intel fanboys have had their own bad moments, now AMD fans are having theirs... but you never know what's going to happen...

Bob Jeffery

can someone just stfu! Its a computer! SirKenin is a perfect example of a intel fanboy. Amd has there bad times. Intel has there bad times. whatever.......

Status
Not open for further replies.