Most epic game?

tlarkin

VIP Member
I am just now playing Mass Effect and the game has some flaws. First of all, movement is buggy and so is cover. Driving that damn 6 wheel tank is annoying, it handles like a 5 year old engineered it.

The story line is cool, the items part of the game is so-so like I think assault rifles are bugged. On my character it says my accuracy is 1, but I have like the whole assault rifle skill maxed out, and I am a soldier so I can wear any armor and use any weapon, yet in my equipment menu it says accuracy 1...?

Also, your teammates are freaking retarded at times. I tell them to move somewhere and they just freaking stand there and by the time I get them to move we are already being flanked by the enemy.

Overall, the game is very good, but way far from perfect. I just downloaded it off of Steam and started playing it like 2 weeks ago, so I am not that far into the game. I think I am like 15 to 20% done with it so far.

Driving that damn 6 wheel tank is annoying, it handles like a 5 year old engineered it.

Before I bought it on PC I played on xbox 360 at a friends house and they actually improved the driving in the pc version a ridiculous amount. :eek:

Imo the deepest game Ive played is Majora's Mask. I mean seriously almost every npc has a backstory, there's a ton of hidden weird creepy things hidden throughout the game, and that constant ominous feel of everyone is going to die.

Parts of the game still give me the creeps, but that psychological thriller type, where you aren't afraid something is going to jump out, it just makes you a little nervous feeling.

And then there's the music that fits in so well with the atmosphere.

Maybe I sound like a fanboy, but I do dislike some things about the game, I just love the overall dark eerie feel to everything. Imho it's much better than Ocarina of Time.

Archangel

VIP Member
I am just now playing Mass Effect and the game has some flaws. First of all, movement is buggy and so is cover. Driving that damn 6 wheel tank is annoying, it handles like a 5 year old engineered it.

The story line is cool, the items part of the game is so-so like I think assault rifles are bugged. On my character it says my accuracy is 1, but I have like the whole assault rifle skill maxed out, and I am a soldier so I can wear any armor and use any weapon, yet in my equipment menu it says accuracy 1...?

Also, your teammates are freaking retarded at times. I tell them to move somewhere and they just freaking stand there and by the time I get them to move we are already being flanked by the enemy.

Overall, the game is very good, but way far from perfect. I just downloaded it off of Steam and started playing it like 2 weeks ago, so I am not that far into the game. I think I am like 15 to 20% done with it so far.

Yea, I think its a great game, despite its flaws. I hope they improve those on Mass Effect 2. :) I just love good Space/scifi stories.

tlarkin

VIP Member
Yea, I think its a great game, despite its flaws. I hope they improve those on Mass Effect 2. :) I just love good Space/scifi stories.

Yeah I love the space travel aspect of it. Hand to hand combat sucks a big one, I mean who would even attempt it?

I haven't finished the first one yet but I will probably buy the second one now and I do also hope they improve the flaws from the first one. In reality I would almost prefer it be first person over third person. Not big into third person shooters because no one does them right. I tried playing Dead Space or whatever it was called and the third person combat drove me nuts. The only third person shooter I think that is decent is Resident Evil, but even that drives me nuts sometimes.

ScottALot

Ugh, I hated CoD Modern Warfare. It's fun, but people keep bragging about how realistic it is... I mean really, a guy doesn't get shot 5 times and heal himself in 10 seconds. Even Halo 3 has a reason why the character's invulnerable.

Stildawn

It terms of RTS I can believe no one has mentioned "Total Annihilation" has to be possibly the best RTS game ever.... Was way way before its time....

Most epic games to me would be Civilization series lol... If I could have the time I wasted playing those games back lol I could have a couple of doctorates by now lolol.

Oh and Diablo II....

And Total War series is pretty epic also.

Aastii

VIP Member
Ugh, I hated CoD Modern Warfare. It's fun, but people keep bragging about how realistic it is... I mean really, a guy doesn't get shot 5 times and heal himself in 10 seconds. Even Halo 3 has a reason why the character's invulnerable.

lol, 90% of games are going that way. i can't honestly think of a decent game that has come out in the last few years with proper health bar that depletes and you have to heal or pickup health packs or whatever to get health back, rather than just heal over time. I can think of games that have come out with that, but bare in mind i said DECENT games, and as most games are either sequals or just sucky, there aren't a hell of a lot of good games coming out

ScottALot

lol, 90% of games are going that way. i can't honestly think of a decent game that has come out in the last few years with proper health bar that depletes and you have to heal or pickup health packs or whatever to get health back, rather than just heal over time. I can think of games that have come out with that, but bare in mind i said DECENT games, and as most games are either sequals or just sucky, there aren't a hell of a lot of good games coming out

Halo CE was like that. Also Quake, lol. But I don't mind the regeneration as long as it isn't 5 sec's to regen.

bigl2007

epic

Demon's Souls for ps3 the boss fights were so epic to me it actually felt like it was a huge challenge to kill a boss who has a huge life bar and using your skill to survive i think the gameplay was amazing in it