What Web Browser Do You Use?

What Web Browser Do You Use?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OS Dragon

I think its the most diverse one there is granted I have only used a few per se (IE, Opera, Mozilla, Netscape and AOL Browser). They all suck in the end except FF :D

OvenMaster

VIP Member
There is a TON you can do, but the very basics are...wel let's jsut link to a "guide" that kind of explains each setting.

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=53650

That one is pretty good, explaisn alot.

More reading - http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/8004

I jsut use a program called "FasterFox" that "does everything for you". From what I can tell, it tunes it jsut as wel as I could in a fraction of the time. At first its fun to mess around with but after a while I hate re-setting everything and FasterFox does the job well enough.

Perfect. Thank you! :D I've tried a handful of these about:config things with Nutscrape 7 and they work just fine.
Tom

calumn

I normally use Knoqueror but I sometimes use firefox but I voted for konqueror anyway. Seems Im one of a kind lol...
Calumn

timothyb89

i read some where that opera is safer than Firefox, and it is the fastest browser ever.

Yes, but...
With Firefox, downloading from a fast server ( :) ) I usually get about 1000 KBps. With Opera, I'm lucky if I get 450 KBps.
And Opera is only the 'safest' because hardly anyone uses it. Viruses and spyware target the most used browser to cause more damage.
I use Opera, but I don't really know why. I guess it's the minimize to tray feature :p but that IS available in FF.

JFHuff

I used IE until about 5 months ago when a coworker of mine showed mr FF. Been using it eversince. Espessially like the tab feature (i know other browsers use it and that ie7 will have it) also the extensions and themes. I also like all the options assosiated with it. Theres many security and other configuration changes you can make.

Shane

Super Moderator
Staff member
Using Firefox,

I did have Fasterfox instaled but it made it slower :cool:

Didnt make it faster whatsoever:rolleyes:

calumn

Using Firefox,

I did have Fasterfox instaled but it made it slower :cool:

Didnt make it faster whatsoever:rolleyes:

That exact same thing happened to me. I got it and was restarting firefox and I opened it and everything was slower, not a little bit slower, way slower. Like it took 10 seconds to load google. I just uninstalled it and it was fine again :confused:

CAC

hem firefox duh
ffwins8dv.gif

mf.gif

LOL!:D I agree, Firefox rules.

4W4K3

VIP Member
Huh that is odd, FasterFox works fine for me. I guess I'll un-install it and see if there is a difference at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.